Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    83,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    If you all want to be suckered, that`s on you..
    I wouldn`t go so far as to say that spending more at GG, even if it *is* the same unit, is being "suckered". There are factors besides "value for $ paid" and some might value those more than the money involved.

    And just FWIW, I`m *NOT* saying I wouldn`t consider one of the Chechnya units, and I sincerely appreciate your bringing them to our attention. I just don`t believe in calling people "suckers" for going the other route, especially considering some of the other considerations in play. Heh heh, I can`t imagine a situation where I would call *anybody* a "sucker" for any reason unless I was just teasin` a friend, but that`s just me and I do indeed value civility.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I wouldn`t go so far as to say that spending more at GG, even if it *is* the same unit, is being "suckered". There are factors besides "value for $ paid" and some might value those more than the money involved.

    And just FWIW, I`m *NOT* saying I wouldn`t consider one of the Chechnya units, and I sincerely appreciate your bringing them to our attention. I just don`t believe in calling people "suckers" for going the other route, especially considering some of the other considerations in play. Heh heh, I can`t imagine a situation where I would call *anybody* a "sucker" for any reason unless I was just teasin` a friend, but that`s just me and I do indeed value civility.
    Sucker is probably taking it too far, but some here seem to be throwing jabs or making fun of the fact I`m speaking highly of these polishers. They are of the same quality as the BOSS units.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    83,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    Sucker is probably taking it too far...
    Thanks, appreciate your reconsidering that.

    Yeah, you did take some flak alright, guess people thought that it was too good to be true and latched onto it`s country of origin. Heh heh, I was half expecting somebody to suggest that the bearings are counterfeits or something!

    I do indeed believe you that they`re good units at a great price.
    Likes ZL1Mark liked this post
    Thanks ZL1Mark thanked for this post

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    I would like to hear, when in use, what does it compare closest to.
    I think you bought it just in time before the 25% tariffs kick in.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    I emailed Chechnya inquiring about their rotary. Fast response. BTW, it looks like the Flex and is 900 watts. Hmmmm.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    I got the polisher and EVERY bearing says NSK on it. The counterweight is CNC STEEL, unlike most chinese that are cast iron. I`m almost positive chechnyatool makes the BOSS polishers. Why? Every Maxshine polisher I own(3), when I tried to change the grease, you can`t remove the bearing assembly to get to the grease. With this polisher, you can, just like the BOSS polishers. They use NSK bearings, too. I only tested it for a few minutes, and it`s very smooth and has nice power. Someone mentioned the lifetime warranty of the Griot`s. Well, I can buy 4 of these for the price of ONE G15. If you all want to be suckered, that`s on you. For $89, this polisher is ALL the quality of the BOSS polishers, if not the exact same.
    Maxshine does make griots. If you look at their new pros they have nsk bearings and Cnc counter weights. Thatís where similarities stop. Maxshine probably make the one you got. Maxshine does a lot of rebranding. Theirs a difference in the quality of the motors, quality and bigger gage in the wires.

    Great buy though. If it is up to standard of even the maxshine thatís a $200 polisher...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    I got the polisher and EVERY bearing says NSK on it. The counterweight is CNC STEEL, unlike most chinese that are cast iron. I`m almost positive chechnyatool makes the BOSS polishers. Why? Every Maxshine polisher I own(3), when I tried to change the grease, you can`t remove the bearing assembly to get to the grease. With this polisher, you can, just like the BOSS polishers. They use NSK bearings, too. I only tested it for a few minutes, and it`s very smooth and has nice power. Someone mentioned the lifetime warranty of the Griot`s. Well, I can buy 4 of these for the price of ONE G15. If you all want to be suckered, that`s on you. For $89, this polisher is ALL the quality of the BOSS polishers, if not the exact same.
    Do you own a BOSS polisher?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Maxshine does make griots. If you look at their new pros they have nsk bearings and Cnc counter weights. Thatís where similarities stop. Maxshine probably make the one you got. Maxshine does a lot of rebranding. Theirs a difference in the quality of the motors, quality and bigger gage in the wires.

    Great buy though. If it is up to standard of even the maxshine thatís a $200 polisher...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve had pretty much every long throw polisher. From Rupes to Chinese. My current polishers are the one I just bought, Adams Mini, and the Flex 3401. I had the G15 and sold it. I bought the M15 Pro from Amazon, and thought it was underpowered with its 1000 watt motor. Stalled easily. Returned it. This current 15mm feels smoother AND more powerful than the M15 Pro. I do not think Maxshine makes the chechnya polishers. It seems they mass produce for other companies. Check out Chechnya FB page.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Mark View Post
    Iíve had pretty much every long throw polisher. From Rupes to Chinese. My current polishers are the one I just bought, Adams Mini, and the Flex 3401. I had the G15 and sold it. I bought the M15 Pro from Amazon, and thought it was underpowered with its 1000 watt motor. Stalled easily. Returned it. This current 15mm feels smoother AND more powerful than the M15 Pro. I do not think Maxshine makes the chechnya polishers. It seems they mass produce for other companies. Check out Chechnya FB page.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So similar to what maxshine does. Just another company. Just maxshine started using Cncíd counter weights and NSKís.

    Just pointing out that maxshine makes the BOSS polishers and their new ďproĒ models use cnc counterweights and nsk bearings but are not half the polishers griots are. I ordered the m15 and m8 pro and the vibrate and stalled more returned it bought a G 15 after trying it.

    Sure itís a great polisher for $89. Love to try it head to head with a boss.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Swanicyouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    I got the polisher and EVERY bearing says NSK on it. The counterweight is CNC STEEL, unlike most chinese that are cast iron. I`m almost positive chechnyatool makes the BOSS polishers. Why? Every Maxshine polisher I own(3), when I tried to change the grease, you can`t remove the bearing assembly to get to the grease. With this polisher, you can, just like the BOSS polishers. They use NSK bearings, too. I only tested it for a few minutes, and it`s very smooth and has nice power. Someone mentioned the lifetime warranty of the Griot`s. Well, I can buy 4 of these for the price of ONE G15. If you all want to be suckered, that`s on you. For $89, this polisher is ALL the quality of the BOSS polishers, if not the exact same.
    Donít get me wrong. I think itís great. Griots ripped off Rupes anyway - down to the exact mm of the throw of their machines.

    So a knock off of a knock off thatís the same as the original knockoff @ 1/4 the price - I hope everybody buys these over Griots. Let every other orange polisher run right out the back door of China into the hand of Ivan for pennies on the ruble. Youíd have to be nuts to pay 4x as much for pretty much the same thing because it comes with a better warranty IMHO.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    So similar to what maxshine does. Just another company. Just maxshine started using Cncíd counter weights and NSKís.

    Just pointing out that maxshine makes the BOSS polishers and their new ďproĒ models use cnc counterweights and nsk bearings but are not half the polishers griots are. I ordered the m15 and m8 pro and the vibrate and stalled more returned it bought a G 15 after trying it.

    Sure itís a great polisher for $89. Love to try it head to head with a boss.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Checenya`s X series only uses NSK bearings in certain parts, while the S line uses all NSK bearings. FWIW, if Maxshine made the polishers for Chechnya, I don`t see how they could sell it to me for $89. How could the Griot`s be that much different? The counterweight on the BOSS polisher weighs 7.4 ounces, which is the exact same as the M21 Pro(I weighed them). They both use NSK bearings. Where does the extra vibration of the Maxshine come from?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    Checenya`s X series only uses NSK bearings in certain parts, while the S line uses all NSK bearings. FWIW, if Maxshine made the polishers for Chechnya, I don`t see how they could sell it to me for $89. How could the Griot`s be that much different? The counterweight on the BOSS polisher weighs 7.4 ounces, which is the exact same as the M21 Pro(I weighed them). They both use NSK bearings. Where does the extra vibration of the Maxshine come from?
    You got me.... I can only tell you that it felt rougher running and stalled easier. I know that some internal partsxsame as griots but not all. Wiring differentcand I believe motor.

    Not knocking it, just wasnít the same. Woulda kept original as I donít use for profit but during a AG sale I basically got a gg15 for $250 with 5 boss pads, 3 MF towels (gold plush Jrís?) and some pad cleaner.

    If I woulda had this as a option mighta even went this rout but only doing 2-3 cars a year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    You got me.... I can only tell you that it felt rougher running and stalled easier. I know that some internal partsxsame as griots but not all. Wiring differentcand I believe motor.

    Not knocking it, just wasnít the same. Woulda kept original as I donít use for profit but during a AG sale I basically got a gg15 for $250 with 5 boss pads, 3 MF towels (gold plush Jrís?) and some pad cleaner.

    If I woulda had this as a option mighta even went this rout but only doing 2-3 cars a year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do agree that even the Maxshine Proís seemed a bit rough. The M15 Pro stalled EASY. The M21 Pro had a lot more balls, but I think thatís strictly based on momentum alone of the larger throw. I will tell anyone reading this thread, invest in a Chechnya S line polisher. For $89(plus shipping), you will NOT be disappointed!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    wannafbody
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    What is the cost of shipping from Chechnya?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    I was quoted $66 for 2 poishers by Checenya.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Long throw MF pads recommendations
    By 2quikta in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-28-2018, 01:29 PM
  2. Playing nice with a long throw.
    By mikejames in forum Paint Correction and Gloss Enhancement
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 05:43 AM
  3. Long throw technique help
    By JBM in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 11:34 AM
  4. Long Throw Polisher Technique?????
    By pwaug in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-21-2015, 11:50 PM
  5. Long Throw DA polishers?
    By TheSopranos16 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •