Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer vs Carnuba Waxes(single stg paint)

Have a Mustang that is black and still wearing its original single stage factory paint.

I have P21S,Souveran and my newly acquired Sonax Polymer Net Shield so I’m not sure if I should use a combo of both or stick to one.

Car doesn’t see any weather unless it’s sun. And driven on Sundays.

Would I be okay to use the net shield as a base meanwhile topping it off with the carnubas after every wash (which I don’t mind doing; the car is a baby)

**Only thing that may be counter productive by applying the carnuba is that I don’t have any carnuba based quick waxes/detailers in my arsenal. I only have the Megs synthetic polymers like UQD.**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer vs Carnuba Waxes(single stg paint)

I spoke too soon; I didn’t realize the Megs Gold Class Quick Wax is Carnuba based Sonax Polymer vs Carnuba Waxes(single stg paint)

Post Thanks / Like

If the car never really sees weather and you are happy with P21S & Souveran then why change? If it were me this situation sounds like exactly the perfect situation for a beauty wax as realistically a single application last last 6 months or even a year or more.

But if you are like many of us and just want to try new stuff then "go for it".

In doing it though you will lose most of the desired benefits of Sonax PNS if you top it with a wax. I don`t know off hand how long
    Sonax PNS will last on single stage paint.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why would the Net Shield last less on SS paint?

Also would I be loosing any of the beauty wax content by using a spray like megs quick wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Why would the Net Shield last less on SS paint?

Also would I be loosing any of the beauty wax content by using a spray like megs quick wax?

I don`t have any experience with it but I have read where others have had less durability of sealants as well as coatings on single stage paint. The reason being given was that single stage paint more porous than more modern clear coat for some reason.

IMO and experience I think the overall look at reaction is mostly coming from the last applied product. So stacking and layering products is more about durability or our desire to use products and touch our vehicle. I think if you are applying a spray wax over a paste wax there is a good chance the overall look will change slightly the more you use the spray wax. This is also why I try and use synergistic products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    IMO and experience I think the overall look at reaction is mostly coming from the last applied product. So stacking and layering products is more about durability or our desire to use products and touch our vehicle. I think if you are applying a spray wax over a paste wax there is a good chance the overall look will change slightly the more you use the spray wax. This is also why I try and use synergistic products.
    I would tend to agree that using the cheaper spray wax (Meg’s GC) will alter the look of the Beauty wax, possibly in a less beautiful way, but you never know. I might try it but keep in mind that the best look might be the paste wax themselves. Maybe a QD is a better option as it doesn’t change the look so much as give a clean shine for a day or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Would megs quick detailed alter the look or will I still have the p21 showing?

Side note- just in the middle of polishing the paint. Damn I didn’t think it would be this stubborn!

I hit the paint with my rotary and a red hydro foam pad + menzerna 3500.....did little to nothing.

Finally after a few attempts I went to the blue (cyan) pad with menz 2500 and finished off with the 3500 for a mirror finish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Would megs quick detailed alter the look or will I still have the p21 showing?
    I assume you mean the Ultimate Quik Detailer... in your original post I was thinking you meant Ultimate Quick Wax. I think UQD would be fine to clean/shine the beauty wax up without altering the look much. If the look is altered, these QDs degrade after a day or two so if you are noticing your warm Nuba glow turning into a more sterile shine, wait a few days or do a car wash and I think you’ll be back to Nuba glow.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d prefer to use my Quick Detailer. I love using it during my drying. Always served me real well.

But I’ve seen the Megs Gold Class Quik Wax is carnuba based so it made me think.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the QD with no worries, your Mustang will look great regardless. If you want to try out the GC QW and if you don’t like it, I think waxing right back over it with P21 would remove/replace it. It’s not a durable spray wax (I get max 1-2 weeks out of it, and I have seen enough coats of it degrade a base layer of Collinite, so I have no doubt that it alters the base coat).

Post Thanks / Like

When out just by the souveran spray wax to top and griots boss QD and you’ll be golden. If I had a sun only garage queen that be my combo with the souveran you already have.

Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    When out just by the souveran spray wax to top and griots boss QD and you’ll be golden. If I had a sun only garage queen that be my combo with the souveran you already have.
    Fantastic suggestion, and could interchange Griots QD w/ Crystal Mist.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do one or the other.

It will look great with the PNS or any of the waxes. The PNS will probably last longer and have better water repelling/self cleaning abilities. This is probably moot based on your original post as it sounds like a sunny day car.

No point in layering if the car is rarely driven IMO. Keep it simple.

I`d just do one of the carnubas and call it done. You shouldn`t need to top up every wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of Meguiars products look nice on darker colors and they work on SS paint (unlike most "new" stuff), the Gold Class spray will do great. Last Touch from the Detailer line also looks excellent on darker paints and is almost as cheap as water. Souveran is still the top of the mark for what you are looking for, I don`t thin you will be able to beat it. M26 is nice too on SS.

Post Thanks / Like

Sprays - whether detailers or waxes are my absolute go to. I feel as if I didn’t do a proper drying job if I didn’t use one. Plus it helps speed things up!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information