Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Waterless Wash - strange haze?

For the past year and a half I`ve been a big fan of UWW as a quick detail spray and as a waterless wash when needed. I`d used it as a clay lube but it was only "ok", I felt like other dedicated clay lube products were far superior, so I only used it as such when I ran out of my other alternatives. All in all, I feel like it performed really well but I recently have come up with one big complaint...when it gets on windows or glass, it leaves a residue or maybe even a film behind (not sure what the best terminology would be to describe)? I had never really noticed it during the first year or so that I`d been using the product, in fact, sometimes I`d use it on glass as well and don`t recall noticing any sort of hazy residue. It takes multiple "buffing" type passes with a clean, dry, plush microfiber but a little water helps, too. I always dilute the concentrate with distilled water, but the last 6 months or so it`s become something I can`t ignore and now I spray away from any glass on the car so as not to get any on it. I have been using it on painted and wrapped vehicles and it doesn`t seem to leave anything (at least visually) behind, but I`m worried that maybe I`m just not seeing it on those particular surfaces because it`s just more apparent on the glass.

Any thoughts on this from other users? I do live in Arizona so I`ve pulled almost all of my products indoors for storage as the garage is only going to get hotter as we head into the summer...could heat have caused some sort of issue with the ingredients? Is this a product that can spoil or go "bad" with age?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Waterless Wash - strange haze?

I`m a big fan of UWW and have been using that as a WW for years and more recently RW, and think it`s incredible, so much so that I have not looked elsewhere for a replacement. But could it be that the UWW with "Polycharger" - "This Boosted by Polycharger™ formula not only cleans your vehicle’s surfaces, it protects from the harsh elements and harmful UV rays," leaves a slight film on glass. No worries as I always follow up with a dedicated glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fallen in love with UWW Acrylic. I use it on my bass boat every week and it leaves it super slick and the flake just pops. The boats 10 years old and no one can believe it. Sometimes I notice with waterless washes I do need to do one last buff on the windows, not sure if its a glass thing or if its the glass coating maybe???? not sure?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Most rinseless washes leave some type of polymers on the surface. Some seem to attract and trap dirt moreso than others. I think Duragloss makes the best rinseless wash. The new Griots might be a contender.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not the UWW, I’m willing to bet. Sounds like you have a film built up on your glass. Try polishing your glass with a dedicated glass polish. When you spray water on glass then wipe it away, do you notice what looks like water spotting briefly, then it vanishes? If so, that’s a definite sign that you need to polish the glass. Glass cleaners really don’t remove the film either, polishing with a mechanical abrasive will tho.

Thread Information