Post Thanks / Like

Another coating question? Q.2

Hey guys, I am not sure if this has been asked before as I cannot find it in the search or anywhere else. Out of those that have tried various coatings, which coatings have the slickest application and the longest presence slickness? I ask because I have seriously started to consider coating my car, and the paint being on the medium to softer side of the spectrum, I`d like to help eliminate application induced marring and overall marring. The first coating that I applied to another vehicle was Nasiol ZR53 (not sure about longer term durability), I do not have experience with other coatings so I cannot compare, but it was literally the slickest product that I have ever applied to a vehicle. Slicker than any of the DPC products, which in my experience are far slicker than Meg`s HCW, any of the Merlin mixes using ECH2O, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless, light years slicker than FK1000P, Meg`s UFF, Sprayway Exterior Detailer (Pretty dang slick). No matter the towel that I use, on bare paint I see the slightest of marring. I need slickness. For those that have used various coatings, which have the slickest application and longest overall slickness? If I were to coat my car, my budget for just the coating would be $200, max.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another coating question? Q.2

If marring is what youre worried about wouldn`t you actually want a coating more on the harder side than the slick side?

Gtechniq EXO is really slick. Ive used cquartz UK as well and it isn`t very slick at all. Mckees paint coating is kind of in the middle. Its noticeably slick but nothing jaw dropping. I have minimal experience with coatings tho so that`s about all I can say.

Post Thanks / Like

Off the top of my head

GTechniq CSL
    GTechniq Exo
    Cquartz TiO2
    Optimum Gloss Coat
    Gyeon Sychro
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Slickness isn`t necessarily the most important aspect of a coating. The slickness can a result of silicones that eventually lose their slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Slickness isn`t necessarily the most important aspect of a coating. The slickness can a result of silicones that eventually lose their slickness.
    Is there anything else that creates slickness? In my research it seems like, to some degree, an applied coating takes on the characteristics of the clear coat substrate that it lays on top of. Is slickness not what keeps the towel moving effortlessly across the surface of a well maintained coating?

To everyone else, what about Kamikaze ISM (now V 2.0)?

Thread Information