Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Presoak for rinseless wash?

I had been using 3D orange degreaser for rinseless jobs when there was a build up of bugs and grime that a regular rinseless presoak won`t take care of. I`m running low and want to find something that doesn`t leave a soapy residue. I was thinking P21S t.a.w. anyone recommend anything else? I searched for prior threads and kept getting weird pop ups and redirects so I went to the store and most exterior cleaners say rinse with a heavy stream of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Presoak for rinseless wash?

Maybe CarPro Multi X.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

top189h- The TAW needs a fair amount of rinsing too.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Multi-X or Optimum Power Clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I just lay wet towels down on the bugs, Gary Dean style and let them sit while I wash the rest of the car. Come back to the front as the last part. They always come off with little to no effort. Only gotcha is the trick doesn’t work on cars with very flat fronts.
    Likes mc2hill liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What do you wet the towels with? I used to try soaking them in IUDJ and it didn`t do much for me so I abandoned it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    What do you wet the towels with? I used to try soaking them in IUDJ and it didn`t do much for me so I abandoned it.
    ONR at regular rinseless strength. I let them sit at least 10-15 minutes.
    Likes Britsdaddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Power Clean (which I love for greasy messes) always required rinsing for me.

top189h- I gather you`re doing cars for others, where you have no control over stuff like the LSP. Just mentioning it as I`ve found that different LSPs release bugs/etc. differently. Noting that different people will be dealing with different bugs, with FK1000P as my LSP I simply don`t worry about them, they wash right off and have never etched through that stuff.

What about using a "Bug Remover" product? The one I use on my wife`s car (which does *not* currently wear the Fk1000P) is the old 1Z Anti-Insekt, and/but I bet NextZett has a version out now. I thought about BugSquash but I gather it`s hard on LSPs.

What about using a very gentle clay on them? Yeah, you gotta be careful, but that`s as much as I`ve ever had to do for bugs and unless they`ve already eaten through the LSP I can usually do it gently enough that reLSPing isn`t necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

When pretreating/etc. a vertical panel, I prop something against it to hold the [product-saturated material] against the surface.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume when I come in from a long interstate trip and the front end is full of bugs, that my LSP is going to be gone by the time I get all the bugs off. What I do depends on how many bugs are on there. Some steps I have taken:

-sometimes do a car wash wand rinse first,
    -presoak the front end with car Pro Ech20
    -rinseless and a fine nanoskin sponge
    -lay on some extremely hot towels for five minutes,
    -sometimes I use poor boys bug squash if it’s a heavy load of love bugs down here in Florida, etc.

Then I do a normal rinseless and reapply LSP.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I assume when I come in from a long interstate trip and the front end is full of bugs, that my LSP is going to be gone by the time I get all the bugs off..
    That`d drive me nuts! I do note that you`re in FLA, and I hear the bug situation down there is really something.

Post Thanks / Like

It is for other jobs, most of which the protection on is shot. Thank you for all of the responses. I think I may try some Poorboy`s, I love everything I`ve tried from them. I was thinking about opc from what I saw on rag company videos but I was thinking it would have a residue as well. I tried Meg`s apc once and that was a disaster. Once I ran out of APC+ I just started buying every rinseless wash that seemed to have good reviews to try and find the strongest cleaning ones. Most of them do really well, it`s just bugs that stick with everyone I`ve tried even at really strong dilutions.

Post Thanks / Like

top189h- I bet either the 1Z/NextZett stuff or Bug Squash would be the best bet. While they need some kind of rinsing, I`d be pretty surprised if the RW didn`w suffice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I just lay wet towels down on the bugs, Gary Dean style and let them sit while I wash the rest of the car. Come back to the front as the last part. They always come off with little to no effort. Only gotcha is the trick doesn’t work on cars with very flat fronts.
    I do this as well, and have found that thinner towels work best. I prepare my wash bucket, and load them up there. Let them sit for 5-10 mintues, and even love bugs can be handled without too much scrubbing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    What about using WD40?
    For what? I`ve never used WD40 on anything automotive, the stuff it leaves behind isn`t something I want on my vehicles. If I use WD40 I`ll have to use something else afterwards to deal with *that* residue, and then reLSP (which I generally try to avoid).

Actually, I don`t think I`ve used WD40 for anything in the last few decades.."water dispersal" just isn`t something I need very often.
    I didn`t know Fk1000p can be used as a LSP, I have been applying it as a wax.
    It is a (synthetic) wax, hence my use of it as a Last Step Product.

Hey, hold on...did I just get punked (or whatever they call it)?!? I mean..WD40 for bugs instead of just washing them off..."wax" not being a "Last Step Product"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information