Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried Original bike mineral spirits

Spray Cleaner & Polish - Original Bike Spirits?

From another sit:
    My RS finish looked the best when it was coming straight out of the box. I used to go bananas keeping the wheels clean but realized keeping the wheel finish perfect is a flight of fancy and what I should be doing is enjoying the drive. So my wheels are a little dirty -- big deal. Years ago I did find a great product for my wheels that also happens to be one of the best bug removers in the business: Original Bike Spirits. I spray a light coating on the wheel after I`m finished cleaning the wheel and buff the wheel. The product has an antistatic property that helps repel brake dust. Notice I said repel so it reduces brake dust build up and makes the next cleaning a little easier.

I do many track days and have found this product is excellent at removing R compound rubber smears from car paint. And it polishes the paint at the same time. And thiI]"I do many track days and have found this product is excellent at removing R compound rubber smears from car paint. And it polishes the paint at the same time. And this stuff removes dried, hard as a rock bug guts/parts with a quick spray, soak, and wipe. Incredible"[/I
    ]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone tried Original bike mineral spirits

bcgreen- Eh, much as I like Zep, nothing in that excerpt or in what I saw in the links, sounds compelling to me. "Lighter fluid + some other stuff" and or maybe mineral spirits come to mind, makes me think of guys using WD40 and Pledge for Detailing jobs.

Heh heh..."a new attitude and spirit" heh heh heh...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    bcgreen- Eh, much as I like Zep, nothing in that excerpt or in what I saw in the links, sounds compelling to me. "Lighter fluid + some other stuff" and or maybe mineral spirits come to mind, makes me think of guys using WD40 and Pledge for Detailing jobs.

Heh heh..."a new attitude and spirit" heh heh heh...
    Is your favourite wheel wax/protectant, FK, and do you think Collinite is a close second? I also am thinking about BF Deep Gloss Sealant. Those are my choices and are part of my inventory, but I would purchase FK if you think it is better than what I have in my arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

bcgreen- Leaving Coatings out of the discussion (and I`m still sorta on the fence about them), yeah..FK1000P is my current fave for wheels (as well as the rest of the car).

I used Collinite for *so many* years, but I dunno if it`s my real 2nd Best...KSG x 6 outlastted 476S by a *huge* margin and 845 was only good for quickie redos of the faces. I mean, Collinite`s sure not *bad* if you already have `em on the shelf, and doing all those layers of KSG is a PIA.

I`m not familiar with BF`s Deep Gloss Sealant, but their AFPP was markedly mediocre IME. Besides the darkening effect (which I hated on Audi Silver, so much so that I stripped it off), it just didn`t last. Left me wondering if all Sealants were just sorta-[crappy] synthetic waxes it was so mediocre!

Eh, I really hate to tell anybody to "go buy some FK1000P regardless of what you already have!"..it just sounds like a way to waste your money even considering my experiences. The YMMV! thing`s just waiting to bite both of us as soon as I say the FK is All That.

If you do the Collinite, I`d sure get many coats on there. I never had it last like the FK, but I wasn`t all disappointed with it either or I would`ve probably quit LSPing wheels and just gone back to using Wheel Cleaners.

Eh, sorry for the ambiguous response

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. I think once my Colli. is used up it will be a toss up between FK and KSG, probably by the summer of next year.

Post Thanks / Like

bcgreen- Heh heh, for some reason that product really tweaked my SnakeOil Meter!

I`ll be interested to hear how it goes for you if you try the FK1000P or if you use KSG...especially how either compares to Collinite. Different people get different results and you just never know. At least two people here have had Collinite outperform/outlast Fk1000P. I can`t explain it, but OK..YMMV and all that.

Thread Information