Post Thanks / Like

How often to use fabric protectant on interior?

I was going to spray some protectant on my RAV4’s seats because I just got them cleaned really good. Digging around in my garage closet, my old bottle of 303 aerospace protectant was empty.

So I head to Amazon to buy another bottle, and the thing is empty. So I search around, turns out 303 has a bunch of new products, but I think I found the one I’m supposed to buy for car seats:

303-Automotive-Stain-Guard.jpg

Reading the reviews, people are re-applying that stuff like every month. Or sometimes every 2 or 3 months. They say the bottle tells them to do that.

Are you guys applying your seat protectant that often? I guess I missed the boat somehow cause I had figured you apply it once and you were good for a few years. And that’s what I had been doing.

Andy products that last longer, I’d love to hear about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often to use fabric protectant on interior?

I would reapply 303 Fabric Protectant every 4-5 months depending on wear. The drivers seat will need to be reapplied more often than other seats. You can check to see if the Protectant is still there by dropping a drop of water onto the fabric. If it rolls off there is no need to reapply.

Post Thanks / Like

The kind of fabric and stain protectant you showed I`ve never used so maybe that kind has a shorter life. It states no smell from it. I use what is 303 fabric protectant. The same product they show for convertibles, or boat and patio use. This does have a strong smell when applying. That`s why I always recommend using it on a warm day and leaving the windows down for a good four hours to cure and flash off the voc`s. This stuff like rim said lasts months. I apply once a year, but should be doing every 6 months.
    Likes levander liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    The kind of fabric and stain protectant you showed I`ve never used so maybe that kind has a shorter life. It states no smell from it. I use what is 303 fabric protectant. The same product they show for convertibles, or boat and patio use. This does have a strong smell when applying. That`s why I always recommend using it on a warm day and leaving the windows down for a good four hours to cure and flash off the voc`s. This stuff like rim said lasts months. I apply once a year, but should be doing every 6 months.
    Coleroad, what product was listed when you clicked on the Amazon link before it was removed?

This is the name of the product I was linking to: 303 Fabric Protector and Stain Guard for Auto Interior Fabrics, Carpets, And Floor Mats, 16 fl oz

Part of the reason I’m posting this thread is to make sure I’m getting the right stuff. I’m just looking for an inexpensive fabric protector that everyone likes. Few years back, that was 303 on this board. But now 303 has changed their product lineup significantly. I think it used to be called Aerospace Ptoectsnt that everyone was buying.

i tried to find a non-retail link to show you guys. But couldn’t come up with anything. This looks like 303’s own web site for their products. But the web site looks pretty incomplete and doesn’t seem to list the product I think I’m supposed to be buying..

https://www.303products.com.au/

And I apologize to the mods for posting a retail link earlier. I wasn’t aware you guys don’t like that stuff here. But I can imagine how it would get out of hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Levander, first you can just post a picture of the product rather than a link. Yes you showed the fabric protector, and stain guard for auto interiors. What I`ve always used is the 303 fabric guard. I`m sure why they made the interior protector is because of the voc`s the other gives off till it has cured. Plus 303 products can be be bought at the autopia store.

Go back back and pull your link and just post a picture of the product you`re talking about instead.

This what I`ve always used.
    IMG_0370.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Any reason to use 303 Fabric Guard for Outdoor Fabrics rather than 303 Stain Guard for Auto Fabrics?

i replaced the removed link with a picture of what I’m talking about. But on my iPad, it’s kind of hard to read the picture I posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by levander View Post
    Any reason to use 303 Fabric Guard for Outdoor Fabrics rather than 303 Stain Guard for Auto Fabrics?

i replaced the removed link with a picture of what I’m talking about. But on my iPad, it’s kind of hard to read the picture I posted.

I think it appears to be personal choice. It sounds like stain guard needs to be reapplied more often. Sounds like stain guard doesn`t have the voc`s to worry about. So like everything what works best for you.

I dont think they had the stain guard for auto interiors when I started using the fabric guard. I never even looked any further because I was really happy with the results I was getting.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I think I’m gonna go with the 303 Stain Guard for Autos just because it seems a little safer. Having to let both products cure for 12/24 after every application seems like a stretch for me with my lifestyle. And I know I’m gonna be jumping in the car before that a time or two.

And breathing in what seems to be the less hazardous Stain Guard seems to be the safer choice.

im not sure what is meant by “voc’s” in Coleroad’s post. I assume he’s referring to the stuff that’s flammable in the Fabric Guard. But what is voc short for?

Post Thanks / Like

Voltible organic compound- which is emitted by hydrocarbon solvents.--VOC-highly regulated in California.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Thread Information