Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Shield vs Viking Coat?

What’s the difference? Or since I understand Viking Coat to be a legitimate coating, what exactly is Viking Shield meant for? Coating, coating topper, coating lite, stand-alone-something-else?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Shield vs Viking Coat?

Viking Shield is more for the proffessionals. Cause of the amount you get with 500ml reach to about 25-30 cars or 7-8 cars with 200ml with 1 layer and 2 layers is max. I would say to longevity from it it`s between viking coat/Cosmic and Master Sealant. The benefit for pros is that it`s ready to go after 2 hours only. And a longevity up to 12-18 months depending on 1 or 2 layers. It`s a SiO2 and TiO2 mix. Maybe if you have a 2-4 cars it could be worth it with 2 layers on them. The shelf life with SiO2 is not so good sadly. And with up to 18 months longevity it can have been harden in the bottle. You maintain it with Viking Spritz and gets a little longer longevity from it and keep the hydrophobic caractics at top. This is just what I think but do think it`s very chemical resistant cause of the use of tar remover here in Sweden. Most people uses this during the winter months when washing. And it`s a stand alone LSP as far as I know.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Shield vs Viking Coat?

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Viking Shield is more for the proffessionals. Cause of the amount you get with 500ml reach to about 25-30 cars or 7-8 cars with 200ml with 1 layer and 2 layers is max. I would say to longevity from it it`s between viking coat/Cosmic and Master Sealant. The benefit for pros is that it`s ready to go after 2 hours only. And a longevity up to 12-18 months depending on 1 or 2 layers. It`s a SiO2 and TiO2 mix. Maybe if you have a 2-4 cars it could be worth it with 2 layers on them. The shelf life with SiO2 is not so good sadly. And with up to 18 months longevity it can have been harden in the bottle. You maintain it with Viking Spritz and gets a little longer longevity from it and keep the hydrophobic caractics at top. This is just what I think but do think it`s very chemical resistant cause of the use of tar remover here in Sweden. Most people uses this during the winter months when washing. And it`s a stand alone LSP as far as I know.
    I knew I could count on you! Thanks for the excellent response, Tony.
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Thread Information