Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s HCW update

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Seems like a decent consumer level product. The TW ceramic spray wax is getting good reviews as well.
    If it can mimic Souveran, that’s down right spectacular!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Finely washed my truck after 8 weeks and I’m guessing 4k-5k. HCW is beading just as well as before. PBs EX is the same as the last photo.

The day before the wash I hit it with a gas pressure washer just to see how easy the mud would clean off the my truck. I was a little disappointed to not see HCW clean up any easier then PBs EX.

In washing I noticed no difference in ease of dirt removal or slickness of paint. Especially while removing bugs one product didn’t clean up any easier than the other. After the wash while feeling the dry paint again I noticed no difference in slickness. Both products are considerably grabbier then they were after the application. Where the paint was extremely smooth and slick on both at that time.

Photos of just pressure washing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

I will also say I’m disappointed in HCW on glass. I noticed the water spots right away and they where harder to clean off then the rest of my truck that has RainX. I thought maybe it was due to not buffing the glass enough leaving some residue after application. Because it seem to get better after I clean the glass. But after washing my truck the whole passenger side of my trucks glass has water spots on it and there are none on the drivers. They are very minor, but did not come off with a hard scrubbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

HCW (2oz), Distilled Water (20oz), and Mckee’s N-914 (2oz) makes a pretty nice drying aid with rather impressive sheeting abilities in regards to how much water actually comes off the paint.

When Griot`s new Brilliant Finish Rinseless hits box stores, HCW could be quite a viable product as a coating maintenance product, even more than it currently is.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a new work truck and don’t have time to decon the paint etc, but I wanted some protection on it. So on my last wash I misted the truck with the HCW and spread it with the pressure washer and I’m pretty impressed with the results. Several gave it a hard time saying they had poor results if you didn’t do the first application the right way, but I sure didn’t. I was using a wash and wax soap, so maybe that helped spread HCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information