Post Thanks / Like

Social media coatings

Anyone have any experience with the latest and greatest, last products you’ll ever need to buy that are being advertised on social media?
    I’m curious to get peoples opinions that have used these products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Social media coatings

I haven`t used any, but I talked my step dad out of getting one of them for his bike after a little bit of research. I forget the name of the stuff but it didn`t take long to find other people talking about it over on the Autogeek forums I believe.

Edit: I remember the stuff being super expensive for what it was, and even on their website it stated that you could expect something like 3 months protection if reapplied monthly, which was terrible for the price of the stuff. It was marketed mainly towards motorcycles and truck iirc. Nothing special, just a basic wax with tons of Facebook marketing behind it.

The stuff was called Topcoat F11. The FAQ from their site: "Warranty: Since conditions of actual product use are beyond the control of TopCoat®, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made and TopCoat® will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or consequential damages, which may result from the use or reliance of purchased product. You can apply the coating as little or often as you like, but detailing 101, you should apply at least every 3 month to allow the product to work effectively and gain all the benefits. We tell people every month from a detailing perspective as it`s so easy to use, and you ensure your "investment" is maintained properly, inside to out, consistently. We have many customers that apply it every 6 months too. You can apply it whenever your vehicles starts showing dirt! The more you use, the better the results and easier the maintenance. The effective life span is based on the area and conditions, and the physical wear of the coating from car washes, physical ablation."

A single 16 oz. bottle is 59.97.

Post Thanks / Like

This was floating around on FB but pretty much sums up my thoughts on it and similar products.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol speaking of social media coatings. Here’s hydrosilex that was 3layers 5 days apart with last layer being nov 7th 2018. Beads aren’t rolling of as fast but still beading 5 months later. Maintained twice a month with Merlin’s mix. Been about 5 weeks though as stopped using products because will be polishing soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This makes f11 look pretty worthless.

Thread Information