Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Picked Gyeon can coat.

Going with can coat on the ZR2. And picked up the Gyeon cure to maintain. So application tips? Are the included towels good enough? Looking forward to trying out something new to me. Read enough good things on the product. I picked up the kit...

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/gyeo...l#.XKqnAfZFxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Picked Gyeon can coat.

You made a good choice. Both products work great in tandem together. Gyeon Primer Polish completes the trifecta with CanCoat and Cure. Just for future reference.

Jeff has a good article on CanCoat and I would definitely recommend you read it.

Check out my video as I discuss the application method that I use. I don`t use the spray on the towel method as I find applying it with a microfiber applicator does a better job at applying a more even layer. The Autofiber coating saver applicator is the applicator I would recommend for application. The kit only comes with one towel and it does a good job at leveling out the coating. I use two towels for wipe off. One for the initial and another for the final wipe off. This ensures no high spots although one towel would be ok such as the included one. My personal preference are the edgeless 300 from the rag company.

I would go with two coats and Jeff told me that it can be done at a minimum time of 1 hour. Then Cure a few hours after. The last time I applied CanCoat I did two coats at 1 hour apart and Cure 4 hours later.

Also don`t forget the prep wipe after polishing prior to CanCoat. Also before I forget, I would also apply Cure with a microfiber applicator for the initial application or every time if you like. You will not get streaking doing it this way.

My final tip is to spray away from the vehicle with both products.

Here is my video.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Well, guess I backed out. I had time to change my order this morning. Can coat sounds a little too finicky for me. Replaced it with BLACKFIRE Sio2 spray sealant. Easy wipe on wipe off application. And it has stellar reviews.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Well, guess I backed out. I had time to change my order this morning. Can coat sounds a little too finicky for me. Replaced it with BLACKFIRE Sio2 spray sealant. Easy wipe on wipe off application. And it has stellar reviews.
    That is too bad. It is not finicky whatsoever. I think you missed out on a good opportunity to try out a great product.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes PearTree liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How much easier is CanCoat compared for something like McKee`s 37 coating (which is barely harder than a spray on wax or sealant)?

Post Thanks / Like

I much prefer CanCoat to Mckees 37. Mckees was too grabby for me. CanCoat went on much smoother. The best advice I can give with CanCoat. Is, to be diligent when leveling the coating on the final wipe. If you have any high spots,they are a bear to remove.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I much prefer CanCoat to Mckees 37. Mckees was too grabby for me. CanCoat went on much smoother. The best advice I can give with CanCoat. Is, to be diligent when leveling the coating on the final wipe. If you have any high spots,they are a bear to remove.
    Agree that McKees is very grabby, but I but it works to let you know what parts are coated and what aren`t. I might give Can Coat a try when I run out of McKees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    How much easier is CanCoat compared for something like McKee`s 37 coating (which is barely harder than a spray on wax or sealant)?
    Doesn`t get much easier than CanCoat in my experience. Grab a 350gsm towel, spray into it once or twice, apply to panel like a spray wax, buff off. Buff again with second towel again to insure clean surface. Takes about 15 minutes to do entire vehicle.

I find McKees to be a bit of an inconvenience, working in 2 x 2 sections, gets tacky quickly. Far easier coatings to use out there than that.

Just my opinion, though, YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Doesn`t get much easier than CanCoat in my experience. Grab a 350gsm towel, spray into it once or twice, apply to panel like a spray wax, buff off. Buff again with second towel again to insure clean surface. Takes about 15 minutes to do entire vehicle.

I find McKees to be a bit of an inconvenience, working in 2 x 2 sections, gets tacky quickly. Far easier coatings to use out there than that.

Just my opinion, though, YMMV.
    2x2??? I was started doing panel by panel and it wasn`t drying quickly enough so I went to 1/4`s of the car and could have gotten away with more!

Perhaps we have different approaches, when I apply I coating, I try to apply enough to "see" it on the surface but to avoid high spots. With that approach I have very little I actually have to wipe off. Maybe I`m not using enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    2x2??? I was started doing panel by panel and it wasn`t drying quickly enough so I went to 1/4`s of the car and could have gotten away with more!

Perhaps we have different approaches, when I apply I coating, I try to apply enough to "see" it on the surface but to avoid high spots. With that approach I have very little I actually have to wipe off. Maybe I`m not using enough?
    Interesting...I`ve only used V2 on the roofs of a few vehicles, was pretty much apply and wipe off nearly immediately working in the 2` x 2` section. I always remove the sprayer and use a pipette to apply to a block-style microfiber applicator and then apply as any other coating. :shrug:

I think the McKees I used over the winter had been sitting around for quite some time in the bottle, coulda been kinda old I guess.

Thread Information