Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Factor 4 Synthetic Wax System

Lonnie- Well, Blue Coral was the [stuff] for a good long while..pretty much all through the `70s the best vehicles I ever saw wore that (better than mine wearing stuff like M16). I did try their Autofom, wasn`t *awful* but wasn`t exactly user-friendly.

Rain Dance wasn`t bad at all as a CleanerWax for single stage. My fave aunt switched to that when her health got too bad for the M07/M16 pair and her car still looked awfully nice. Wish I could remember what she used to keep the white vinyl top so nice.....

Autoparts stores, Walmart...I remember when my mother and that aunt would take me to paint stores to buy Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze stuff, I grew up thinking that was normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Autoparts stores, Walmart...I remember when my mother and that aunt would take me to paint stores to buy Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze stuff, I grew up thinking that was normal.
    Yeah, I went all over for that stuff, most of those stores are gone now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    .. most of those [small Paint] stores are gone now.
    We still have `em in my area, but I haven`t been in one to see what they might still offer. The local autopaint/body supply places still have a good selection of stuff though...or at least they did the last time I was in.

Post Thanks / Like

The last shop like that I was in was a place called Higgs in Holly Hill,FL. Prior to that, as Setec is also very familiar with, was an actual detailing supply store called PAL Automotive in New Jersey. But yeah, those types of stores are getting scarce.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    The last shop like that I was in was a place called Higgs in Holly Hill,FL. Prior to that, as Setec is also very familiar with, was an actual detailing supply store called PAL Automotive in New Jersey. But yeah, those types of stores are getting scarce.
    Last time I was in PAL was forever ago. I used to have an automotive paint store one town over, but they closed up a long time ago, I`m not sure I ever bought any MG stuff there, though, only car paint. I`m sure online shopping has killed a lot of these small places, and since most body shops mix up their own paint (I think). I mean it`s not like the lacquer days when people would venture into spray painting their own cars, like I did when I was young, dumb, and full of...ambition.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, my local Detailing Supply Store gives me a "be afraid, be very afraid" vibe. Maybe it`s because I`ve seen the cars done with stuff from there. (OK,OK..it`s more likely the Detailer than the Products, but still..)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, my local Detailing Supply Store gives me a "be afraid, be very afraid" vibe. Maybe it`s because I`ve seen the cars done with stuff from there. (OK,OK..it`s more likely the Detailer than the Products, but still..)
    Gee, what brands are they selling there to instill fear?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Gee, what brands are they selling there to instill fear?
    Brand I never heard of, supposedly made "locally". Eh, guess it`s really just seeing the vehicles "detailed" by their customers that spooks me.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my target. Detailing is dead for the masses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This is my target. Detailing is dead for the masses.
    If it were dead to the masses Walmart wouldn`t have an entire aisle dedicated to it. I`m pretty sure my local Meijer also has a rather large selection. Perhaps it just doesn`t sell well at Target. Target seems to have a different selection on a lot of things compared to other large retailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually that looks like my Target which is closing it’s doors. Walmart and AutoZone both have decent OTC stuff in my area.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The clientele at target and Walmart are worlds apart at least where I live

Walmart is like walking into well the many pictures and websites showing the “people of Walmart”’are not incorrect or inaccurate

Almost a “where do these people live and come from” feeling

Where target is your normal people at least I would see as my neighbor. Yes these people don’t wash or wax their own cars.

Gasp. One of my neighbors told me he tried to wash his car last summer and the water was so bad he had to work forever getting the water spots gone.

The CG at Walmart I’m guessing they are getting a few people stumbling in seeing it’s more expensive and thinking it’s much better and gonna have much greater results

That target selection you can wash, Clay, and wax and shine your tires with what they have on the shelf and get by just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information