Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is HD Speed the AIO standard?

minerigger- I`ve become a bit, uhm....skeptical...of charts purporting to show cut/gloss/etc.

I do wonder whether I`d find AIOs that actually cut satisfactory with regard to finishing out, it`s not like every popular Finish Polish works for me. I`m kinda hard-pressed to think of one product that actually corrects "normal light marring" while giving me a nice-enough finish (e.g., HD Polish doesn`t correct; M205 doesn`t finish out well enough).

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t feel bad. Everyone talks about ultimate compound and I’ve used it 3 times.m, tried I should say and it was like using gritty milk. I dunno not it went bad or I got a bad bottle or it’s normal but I can’t use it on vertical panels. It runs off the pad, runs down the panel. It makes a mess, I get angry and we go to d300 and all is well.

I do know the green lc pads they say are for an AIO are absolutely worthless. Way to soft.

Sounds to me like you enjoy DAT abrasives vs SMAT abrasives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the OP’s question:

Yes, HD Speed is (and will continue to be) the standard for all AIOs. No other product comes close to its performance, ease of use, results or versatility. It’s funny to see how many AIOs have entered the market intending to beat out HDS, but always fall short after the initial hype passes.

Keep in mind what the true intention of this product is and don’t try to overstep them. Expecting more than a few months of stand alone results (beading, gloss, slickness) is asking quite a lot. But, if you are a true Autopian, then you’re most likely using drying aides or booster sprays in conjunction with your regular washes which will extend the characteristics.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, look who`s posting! Hi, David!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

If using ZAIO, topping with Z8 would increase durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ve done it both ways...by the time I ZAIO something the size of the Tahoe/Crown Vic I`ve usually had enough (I do all the jambs/etc., basically all the painted surfaces on the whole vehicle).

But when I did *NOT* wait for the ZAIO to cure I never noticed any problems. It was never a case of the ZAIO getting solvent-actioned to the point where it caused smearing or anything like that.

With some other underlying products that leave fillers/etc. behind I do wait a day or so, but generally *not* with the AIOs I use (ZAIO,KAIO, Autoglym SRP), so I wouldn`t expect any problems but should probably add that "YMMV!" disclaimer just because I guess you never know.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia! Tough to keep vehicles nice in the Windy City this time of year, huh?!?
    great, thank you! Old member that has had some issues since the forum reboot. Lol. I’m a 1000p lover thanks to you, and using ZAIO under it never occurred to me. Going to try it in the spring. Thanks!

yes, this winter started out mild, but the last 45 days have been bad! Cars never seem to be clean, or clean for long!
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

imported_OneQuickGT1- Glad the FK is working out for you, I`d hate for my recommendation(s) to be a waste of $.

And yeah...I`m washing my wife`s A8 pretty much every weekend these days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    To answer the OP’s question:

Yes, HD Speed is (and will continue to be) the standard for all AIOs. No other product comes close to its performance, ease of use, results or versatility. It’s funny to see how many AIOs have entered the market intending to beat out HDS, but always fall short after the initial hype passes.

Keep in mind what the true intention of this product is and don’t try to overstep them. Expecting more than a few months of stand alone results (beading, gloss, slickness) is asking quite a lot. But, if you are a true Autopian, then you’re most likely using drying aides or booster sprays in conjunction with your regular washes which will extend the characteristics.

I have to agree with this. While I like BF One Step a lot also, no one has mentioned Speed’s price point! Which (when bought on a sale) can be had for very cheap and cheaper than just about all other effective AIOs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have to agree with this. While I like BF One Step a lot also, no one has mentioned Speed’s price point! Which (when bought on a sale) can be had for very cheap and cheaper than just about all other effective AIOs.
    Cheap is always a nice thing but quality trumps price IMO. Speed is good for ease of use and gloss but once that silicone content wears off the durability is done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Cheap is always a nice thing but quality trumps price IMO. Speed is good for ease of use and gloss but once that silicone content wears off the durability is done.
    Quality always over price IMO also within reason. But it’s nice to get something cheap that still is effective.

I see 3 months durability which is pretty much all I ask for out of an AIO. It can easily be extended in many ways such as spray waxes as well.

AIO are not for everyone/every job but there are instances where they are certainly beneficial.

So IMO Speed is still one of the top dogs in the AIO market for many reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Quality always over price IMO also within reason. But it’s nice to get something cheap that still is effective.

I see 3 months durability which is pretty much all I ask for out of an AIO. It can easily be extended in many ways such as spray waxes as well.

AIO are not for everyone/every job but there are instances where they are certainly beneficial.

So IMO Speed is still one of the top dogs in the AIO market for many reasons.
    Wow you`re getting 3 months from Speed?? How? I`ve never gotten more than 2 weeks before the beading stopped and gloss started to fade. Did they change the formula along the way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Wow you`re getting 3 months from Speed?? How? I`ve never gotten more than 2 weeks before the beading stopped and gloss started to fade. Did they change the formula along the way?
    My last pass is always with low speed and lifting some weight off the polisher. This stops the abrasives from “scouring” so to speak and the liquid protection part of the formula to be most effective.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Don’t feel bad. Everyone talks about ultimate compound and I’ve used it 3 times.m, tried I should say and it was like using gritty milk. I dunno not it went bad or I got a bad bottle or it’s normal but I can’t use it on vertical panels. It runs off the pad, runs down the panel. It makes a mess, I get angry and we go to d300 and all is well.

I do know the green lc pads they say are for an AIO are absolutely worthless. Way to soft.

Sounds to me like you enjoy DAT abrasives vs SMAT abrasives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was a batch of bad Ultimate Compound that was like 2% milk.

Post Thanks / Like

Now to add more "food for thought" about All-In-One`s and Cleaner Waxes, please see this thread discussion I started in October of 2017:
    Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax

By the way, after reading through the above thread, I bought Klasse All-In-One (KAIO). It was (past tense!) a forum-favorite and THE AIO to have and use on a vehicle. It`s OK, works well as a chemical cleaner, but it is pricey.

If I had to do it over, I might try McKee`s37 360.

Here`s another thread I started recently on the NEW Meg`s 3-in-1 Wax, but no one replied. SOOO... here`s what I wrote:

I see that Meguiar`s is offering a NEW Consumer Line Ultimate 3-in-1 wax. Has anyone tried this yet?
    Some of the reseller say it will not be available until Mid-February, but I am wondering if this is not a replacement or an improvement of their old Color-X product (not to be confused with Swirl-X or Plastic-X) that was a forum favorite several years ago. I REALLY liked Color-X, as one Autopian described it as "Meg`s Cleaner Wax on steroids", and it was just that.
    I do realize that this another all-in-one (AIO) product offering that Meg`s is adding to their car-care chemical line-up, when you consider that they have:
    1) Professional Line M66 Quick Detailer AOI
    2) Professional Line M6 Cleaner Wax
    3) Detailer Line D151 Reconditioning Cream
    4) Detailer Line D301 Finishing Wax
    5) Detailer Line D166 Ultra Polishing Wax
    6) Mirror Bright MB0214 Polishing Wax
    7) Classic Consumer Line A1216 Cleaner Wax
    8) NXT Consumer Line Wax 2.0 (Kinda?)
    You get the idea; a lot of product overlap. Granted, each product line reaches a "different" level or type of car-care person, as the name implies and obviously, each has its specific detailing task for which it was developed and marketed. Personally, as a detailing hobbyist, I use a lot of Meg`s products across all their lines, just because of their over-the-counter (OTC) availability and cost-performance (AKA value).

Just wondering what some of my fellow Autopians think of this new AIO product and how it compares to other.
    GB detailer
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Are the AIOs being discussed trim-friendly?

KAIO is fine on both plastic and rubber trim, but my ZAIO not so much and Autoglym SRP needs to be kept off anything rubber and even some plastics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information