Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

So, as a cheap little science experiment I`m looking at modifying one of the $7 big box store pump up sprayers to be a foaming sprayer.

Does anyone know what pressure most of the sprayers safely pump up to? My goal isn`t to try and max it out, it would just be to make sure I don`t grenade the thing. Part of the modification I was thinking about doing was adding a stubby tire valve stem so I could pressurize it with a digital/regulated inflator. I saw a how-to online where a guy had his set to 3 bar (about 45 psi).

I figure even if the foaming mod doesn`t work, be nice to not have to pump it 7,000 times for the initial priming.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

I`ve got an inexpensive Chapin pump up foamer/sprayer. I think it said 40PSI was max pressure on it. Their better units (pro) are rated for 70psi.
    Cars: bringing people together
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve found another small sprayer where it says it’s rated to 25 psi.

Since I’ll be putting a valve stem in so it will be easy to measure the pressure in the sprayer, I’ll report back what the 30 pumps the sprayer I have translates to for pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the Solo 301-FB? It`s rated at 45 PSI.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of these about a year ago... Kwazar Venus Super Foamer. It`s held up strong, outstanding quality, very well built. A little pricey but it gets the job done.

https://www.autogeek.net/kwazar-pro-super-foamer.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2cLFiNoZVk
    Likes SWETM, RaydiantDetail liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Thanks for the info. I’ve found another small sprayer where it says it’s rated to 25 psi.

Since I’ll be putting a valve stem in so it will be easy to measure the pressure in the sprayer, I’ll report back what the 30 pumps the sprayer I have translates to for pressure.
    I guess if we don’t hear back from you we’ll know you exceeded the safe amount of pressure it can handle...������
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cb804 View Post
    I bought one of these about a year ago... Kwazar Venus Super Foamer. It`s held up strong, outstanding quality, very well built. A little pricey but it gets the job done.

https://www.autogeek.net/kwazar-pro-super-foamer.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2cLFiNoZVk
    I have 3 of the Kwazar’s. I had nothing but good to say about them when I got them. 2 of the 3 of these have split along the seam. Can’t give them a thumbs up with those odds. The sprayer works well.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Oneheadlite, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have three Kwazar trigger sprayers. Two of them failed in no time at all. Too bad cuz they were nice when working.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I have 3 of the Kwazar’s. I had nothing but good to say about them when I got them. 2 of the 3 of these have split along the seam. Can’t give them a thumbs up with those odds. The sprayer works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I have three Kwazar trigger sprayers. Two of them failed in no time at all. Too bad cuz they were nice when working.
    Is this the one you guys have? Its held up really well for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I guess if we don’t hear back from you we’ll know you exceeded the safe amount of pressure it can handle...������

I`m leaning towards staying lower end of pressures - like you say, I don`t need it to get any more exciting than it needs to. Also don`t want to risk scattering chemicals. It`s not like I`m just going to connect an air chuck to full shop line pressure - Going to be connecting it to a small cordless Milwaukee compressor that auto-sets the pressure for you. Should make quick work of topping it off to get started.

I do now have a morbid curiosity to buy another $6 one just to pressurize in a box and see what too much is...

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    That`s a bummer to hear they`re failing. Have you tried measuring the bottle neck/threads to see if you can find an alternative bottle? I`ve got a couple different style pump up sprayers I could check the necks on to see if they`d work as a replacement for you.

Post Thanks / Like

No, the ones I bought were the trigger sprayers with the double-action...they sprayed when the trigger was depressed and sprayers again as the trigger was released. Probably their entry level sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this one and one of their red ones and one of the black (chemical resistant) ones. These are all the pump up sprayers and not the double trimgger models. I always stored mine with pressure in the bottle. Perhaps this has something to do with the seam splitting. They don’t however hold much pressure.

35D82166-059C-447A-897A-343B84A1F7D8.jpeg
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    ...That`s a bummer to hear they`re failing. Have you tried measuring the bottle neck/threads to see if you can find an alternative bottle? I`ve got a couple different style pump up sprayers I could check the necks on to see if they`d work as a replacement for you.
    I have tried to find another bottle but have not had any luck as of yet. I’m holding on to them.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of those pump up sprayer bottles labeled for BlackFire. I bought it because my hand would get tired squeezing a trigger sprayer and thought these things only took 6 pumps give or take but was I wrong. I think it is more tiring pumping the dang thing up then a regular spray bottle. For that reason I hardly use it. I had been thinking about getting a valve stem and drilling a hole through the upper portion and maybe using the bicycle pump I have. I figured the air compressor might be overkill since my air chuck is the locking type that can latch onto the valve stem. My luck it would stick and blow apart so I have yet to try that idea of the valve stem.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to find another bottle but have not had any luck as of yet. I’m holding on to them.
    Hopefully I didn’t come across as trying to thieve your broken sprayers!! I just meant if you post up the bottle specs maybe we can source some replacements.

skibik- The bunch-of-pumps required is a big reason I’m trying to find out safe pressures. If you’ve got a low pressure pump/inflator, seems like being able to fast forward to pressurized sprayer sure would be nice.

Ill try and get a valve stem snapped in tomorrow and report back what 30 pumps of the sprayer I have equals for pressure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information