Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

As promised - Took my pump up sprayer (56oz Flo Master, $6.62) I use at work for degreasing and added a stubby valve stem.

Their website lists 20-30 pumps to pressurize. I filled the fluid to the top line to have the least amount of air to compress. Did 30 pumps and checked the pressure - 40psi.

Since it`s just filled with water, I took my tire filler connected to our 130psi shop air and gave it a few very brief blips - 40psi. Do this at your own discretion, my filler can do a pretty light creep for air flow; and keep in mind for the price they make these things for I`m sure bomb proof quality wasn`t first on their design priority list.

I have a different model sprayer at home I`ll bring in, do the same thing, and report back. That sprayer is a better match for the videos online where people mod them to be foaming sprayers.

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1 - Flo Master bottle neck: 1 11/16" measured at the outside of the neck (not threads), 1/8" between the peaks of the threads. I`ll check the other bottle tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Since it`s just filled with water, I took my tire filler connected to our 130psi shop air
    130psi!! You need a secondary regulator on that system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    130psi!! You need a secondary regulator on that system.
    We’ve got them at nearly every connection point (auto repair shop). I should probably know this, but it’s always been handled by maintenance/other people - what’s normal shop line pressure?

Post Thanks / Like

Off-topic: That compressor setup sounds like mine, great for use with a Lonn Cleaning Gun. Gee, is that psi considered high for a Shop? Mine`s right around there (a bit higher but doesn`t maintain it under full draw).

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve got them at nearly every connection point (auto repair shop). I should probably know this, but it’s always been handled by maintenance/other people - what’s normal shop line pressure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Off-topic: That compressor setup sounds like mine, great for use with a Lonn Cleaning Gun. Gee, is that psi considered high for a Shop? Mine`s right around there (a bit higher but doesn`t maintain it under full draw).
    It all depends what you`re doing...it`s just that usually you maintain the receiver at high pressure for several reasons (capacitance and condensation) then you regulate down to a lower pressure for distribution, and then a lower pressure at the point-of-use--so maybe that 130 is already the secondary pressure. I would say that 60-100 is the "normal" industrial range in the secondary/distribution part of the system...part of the reason for that is to minimize leakage losses and consumption at things like blowguns if they aren`t regulated at the point-of-use.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- Well, in my shop it`s just a matter of what I`m doing, so things might not be done as in a "real" shop by a long shot. Interesting about the "normal shop pressure", which I assume has to go with air tools/etc. as much as anything (leaving paintwork out of it).

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I didn’t come across as trying to thieve your broken sprayers!! I just meant if you post up the bottle specs maybe we can source some replacements.

skibik- The bunch-of-pumps required is a big reason I’m trying to find out safe pressures. If you’ve got a low pressure pump/inflator, seems like being able to fast forward to pressurized sprayer sure would be nice.

Ill try and get a valve stem snapped in tomorrow and report back what 30 pumps of the sprayer I have equals for pressure.
    Awww, heck no. I didn’t even think of that until I read this post. I’m sorry if it came across that way. I simply meant I’ll keep trying to acquire a bottle that these pumps will work on, they’re quite nice.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1 - Flo Master bottle neck: 1 11/16" measured at the outside of the neck (not threads), 1/8" between the peaks of the threads. I`ll check the other bottle tomorrow.
    Tell me what Flo Master bottle is. The only thing that comes to my mind is FlowMaster exhaust.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just went out and measured one of these bottles. The neck measured between the threads 2.8”.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Setec Astronomy- Well, in my shop it`s just a matter of what I`m doing, so things might not be done as in a "real" shop by a long shot. Interesting about the "normal shop pressure", which I assume has to go with air tools/etc. as much as anything (leaving paintwork out of it).
    I apologize for interjecting, I`m sure I just confused things, what you do in your personal shop, or even Oneheadlite in a decent-sized automotive shop, is pretty distant from the kind of plant-engineering stuff I dragged in here. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite - I thought about the bicycle pump because of the long stroke and a lot of air is moved in a couple strokes. Can you post a pic of your sprayer with the stem. What size is the valve stem hole? I don`t use the my sprayer so I might as well modify it.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I have three Kwazar trigger sprayers. Two of them failed in no time at all. Too bad cuz they were nice when working.
    I had a very similar experience with three of their pump up sprayers and I think 5 of their regular spray bottles. I won’t spend the money for them again. The chemical resistant bottles I got for about 1.97 from USP work much better.
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What about preemptively adding sealant to the seam for additional strength - Flex Seal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I had a very similar experience with three [Kwazar] pump up sprayers and I think 5 of their regular spray bottles..
    Huh,interesting, I`ll keep that in mind should mine (their regular sprayers) die. I`m not a big fan anyhow as they (unexpectedly) pinch my fingers and require a lot of [messing] around to avoid that compared to all my other ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information