Thread: No Fun

Post Thanks / Like

No Fun

I really don’t like polishing windows, nor sure anyone does. Today I tried to prep my windows for a coating. I grabbed my Rupes mini and a microfiber cutting pad and some Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Glass Polish and went to work on my windshield, nope. After my wipedown I could still see where my windshield wiper had cleaned the windshield.

Ok, now I’m tired of playing around. So I think what will cut this crap, besides Ceriglass? Menzerma SC 300 ought to do it right? I had a new bottle. Opened it up to make sure it didn’t have a safety seal, nope. Kind of upset that the bottle was only 2/3 full. Started to shake it, bam! compound everywhere.

Sorry about the blurry photo. I’ve never seen this happen before. Now it won’t seal. You try to apply it to a pad and it squirts out of the side. I guess it was never sealed anyway.

The good part is that it cut through the crap on my windshield with ease. Left no polishing oils behind, wiped very clean. I worked it hard and there were no signs of drying or dusting.

Well at least I can apply my coating tomorrow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No Fun

Sucks about the container cap...I`ve had that happen to me as well...and I`ve also shaken up my polish/compound only to find that I never closed the cap--as you said, boom, product everywhere! LOL

What coating will you be using on your windshield?
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a windshield coating from Kisho I am trying out.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just got an email from Autogeek customer service and they said I had the product too long for them to do anything about it. The Menz 300 was bought in case Menz 400 didn’t cut enough, never happened.

Just a PSA: Open your boxes as soon as they arrive and check all bottle tops and sprayers for serviceability. Make sure you receive what you ordered. I’m a procrastinator. My last two orders from AG have been either missing products or the wrong products were shipped, they made everything right. I normally don’t check for broken tops because they normally show up by leaking in the box.

I’ve got some AG/Autopia secondary containers for storing/proportioning gallon products, but they are not air tight and product goes bad. It will have to do unless someone has a better idea.

Post #4000. Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Glass Polish leaves sealant behind, FYI, but you probably knew that and would have pepped afterwards (before the coating).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Wolfgang Glass Polish leaves sealant behind, FYI, but you probably knew that and would have pepped afterwards (before the coating).
    I believe it`s the Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner that leaves the sealant behind, not the Perfekt Finish Glass Polish.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Thread Information