Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adams Spray Coating

https://youtu.be/Fcfe8bU1g5Y

2019 The Year of the Spray Coating.

I’ve never used any Adams products and with Mothers coming out with a spray coating for $19.99 that streak may remain intact. The Adams product at $69.99 doesn’t sound too appealing. Tossing out the tired 9h buzz word really kills it for me.
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Spray Coating

Ooh...2 buzzwords...9h and Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Mother`s CMX product on order. Need to find a test subject

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the 9H buzzword took an early hold on the coating market, so at this point Adam’s would put themselves at a disadvantage to the multitude of consumers that won’t pick up a coating unless 9H is on the bottle. And as ridiculous as I feel the 9H tag is from a performance aspect, it’s also a way for them to distinguish that this is more along the lines of a true coating level spray as opposed to the influx of ceramic/siO2 tagged spray sealants. Can Coat is currently the main competitor to this in the U.S. market. When you figure Can Coat is 200ml for $55, the price point at $70 for 473ml isn’t far out there, also considering the 6-8 month listed durability scale. Can Coat has some of the best hydrophobics on the market so it’s going to be interesting to see how this does, all eyes will be on Mother’s though, it’s going to be a fun 2019 testing season!
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

It works great...easy to apply and remove. It has lasted a couple months so far for me...and I`ve been playing with the beta test version.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Loach, SWETM, Ronkh, EKhatch, VitreousHumor and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    It works great...easy to apply and remove. It has lasted a couple months so far for me...and I`ve been playing with the beta test version.
    Sizzle have you had any issues with the sprayer clogging up after use or is this not something to worry about?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I have the Mother`s CMX product on order. Need to find a test subject
    Loach, have you had a chance to evaluate IGL Premier? It`s a player in the entry level Spray Coating market.

Post Thanks / Like

Loach, I have not had any issues with the sprayer clogging.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Unfortunately the 9H buzzword took an early hold on the coating market, so at this point Adam’s would put themselves at a disadvantage to the multitude of consumers that won’t pick up a coating unless 9H is on the bottle. And as ridiculous as I feel the 9H tag is from a performance aspect, it’s also a way for them to distinguish that this is more along the lines of a true coating level spray as opposed to the influx of ceramic/siO2 tagged spray sealants. Can Coat is currently the main competitor to this in the U.S. market. When you figure Can Coat is 200ml for $55, the price point at $70 for 473ml isn’t far out there, also considering the 6-8 month listed durability scale. Can Coat has some of the best hydrophobics on the market so it’s going to be interesting to see how this does, all eyes will be on Mother’s though, it’s going to be a fun 2019 testing season!
    If you can "top" stuff with it, it`s still a sealant in my eyes. I`m not complaining I`m all for more durable spray & wipe products.

Btw thanks to all of you who buy all this stuff up and separate the products that last from the ones that are glorified detail sprays.

Curious on how these products will do against waterspots & etching

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.
    When I first saw to title on youtube I thought "ok, another spray-on rinse-off coating", but why are they calling it 9H? Surely it couldn`t be true. Then I watch the infomercial and immediately Gyeon CanCoat springs to mind.
    Even tough you get apparently get more for the money compared to CanCoat, one must consider the SiO2 content also. As Adams is so easy to apply and apparently it doesn`t clog sprayers, probably has lower SiO2 content compared to CanCoat. And this is not necessarily a bad thing, depending on the use case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Fcfe8bU1g5Y

2019 The Year of the Spray Coating.

I’ve never used any Adams products and with Mothers coming out with a spray coating for $19.99 that streak may remain intact. The Adams product at $69.99 doesn’t sound too appealing. Tossing out the tired 9h buzz word really kills it for me.
    That’s a 16oz bottle. Most likely comparable to gyeon cancoat and tac moonlight. Only like 20$ more for double the amount seams at least to be good value if it lasts 6 monrhs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Also if you guys get a chance to look and read discription. The do a good job of explaining. Even talk about buzz words “coatings” and “nano”. Even address 9H. Tried a few of his products and they have been top notch. Unfortunately with a bottle of cancoat and moonlight supposedly landing back in US soon, Buyimg this would be overkill with 2 cars to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Saw another vendor realeasing a $150/16 oz spray coating. Ouch.

Detail King, Jade I think its called although seems if they cant settle on `Ceramic Detail Spray` or `Ceramic Spray Coating`.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand from the video is the spray coating is to be applied to a dry surface and buffed off after it flashes.

Seems like a step in the right direction of a real coating rather than just another run of the mill silica spray sealant or rinse type spray sealant.

I am also curious if you have to throw the microfiber rags out after use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Saw another vendor realeasing a $150/16 oz spray coating. Ouch.

Detail King, Jade I think its called although seems if they cant settle on `Ceramic Detail Spray` or `Ceramic Spray Coating`.
    Surf City`s version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgkyflnFsFI

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information