Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Spray Coating

I just ordered the Adam`s Spray Coating and a microfiber kit a few days ago. I only received the microfiber towels from the kit and the microfiber kit - no coating. Just curious, had anyone else ordered the coating, and not received it with there order?

Post Thanks / Like

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Folks, gotta stop referring to the 9H hardness relating to the Mohs scale when it comes to any ceramic coating. That starts with the companies as well being more upfront that the hardness is based on the pencil hardness test. Its misleading to those who don`t really know much about ceramic coatings when people refer to the hardness on the Mohs scale. Kind of drives me nuts lol.
    Likes Coatings=crack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think my response on his video about coating hardness prompted him to make this quick video explaining the coating hardness test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8m1LAlHL0
    Likes nickfire20, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This is something I have thought about also. The shelf life of high SiO2 products is not long after opening. I just tossed a bottle of product that cost $129. I should have moved it into smaller bottles where less air would be introduced. There is some conversation about the McKees V2 Coating “jelling” up after the first application. The Mothers product doesn’t concern me as much due to its low cost and that it could be used as frequently as you want. I spray some IGL Premier on my vehicle every couple of weeks even though I know I could get 6 months out of it. If the Mothers is a good product many of the products I now use will be obsolete, and that’s a good thing. I can’t wait to mix ECH2O and Mother’s to get a super QD.
    I found that vacuum sealing the container made a world of difference. I did this with a syringe of Optimum Coat before they required you to be a professional and upped the price.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Folks, gotta stop referring to the 9H hardness relating to the Mohs scale when it comes to any ceramic coating. That starts with the companies as well being more upfront that the hardness is based on the pencil hardness test. Its misleading to those who don`t really know much about ceramic coatings when people refer to the hardness on the Mohs scale. Kind of drives me nuts lol.
    The 9h is now a marketing tool as I’ve seen some coatings marked 10h. Consumers (and detailers) need to realize hardness is not always the number one thing to look for in a coating. A coating must also be flexible. Glass is hard, but also flexible to some extent. If it gets too hard it becomes brittle. Many of the top coatings do not even discuss hardness. I thought for awhile that 9h was kind of made up by manufacturers. While searching for coatings on Alibaba I found that manufacturers in the Far East have certificates from outside testing laboratories certifying the hardness of their coatings. Most large manufacturers sell a variety of coatings that vary in hardness. The “softer” coatings are usually more hydrophobic. I have about decided that slickness does not equal hydrophycity, although I need to do more research. Information on the makeup of coatings is hard to come by.

Post Thanks / Like

I think my response on his video about coating hardness prompted him to make this quick video explaining the coating hardness test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8m1LAlHL0
    This is exactly how Kyle, from Adam’s Polishes described their coating last week, he spoke of how it is rated with the pencil scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Adam’s does explain that on their website when talking about this product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Got it in today, it`s definitely easy to work with, spreads out nicely and flashes over quickly. Wipedown was great, this showed through in the gloss meter as well. Compared to Can Coat, it feels slightly slicker, slightly easier wipedown, slightly better gloss readings (this could even out after the first wash/rinse). I`m going to give both of these a week to cure before the first rinse test. These were applied after prepping with Meguiar`s D302 followed up with Prep-All, paint temp was 70F. I`ve also got the Adam`s applied over a tired M37 v2 section and on a section of Bead Maker boosted Blackfire Pro, applied in direct sunlight the temps were reading in the 100-120F range on the paint, seemed to work in just fine with no wipedown issues.

Had to stop a real strong desire to just keep going and coat over all the other test sections! Seems very user friendly, I`m reading a lot of guys are put off by the price, but if it`s coating level performance then it`s a no brainer choice especially for the mass amount of consumers who were duped by the Topcoat F11 advertising dumping $60 on that product. That is of course unless Mother`s CMX pulls off a miracle for $20.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you would do a CanCoat vs Adams vs IGL Premier test. I`ve gotten compelling IGL Premier results and it is a VOC Free product to boot. 6 month duration spec which I trust as I am close to that now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post

Got it in today, it`s definitely easy to work with, spreads out nicely and flashes over quickly. Wipedown was great, this showed through in the gloss meter as well. Compared to Can Coat, it feels slightly slicker, slightly easier wipedown, slightly better gloss readings (this could even out after the first wash/rinse). I`m going to give both of these a week to cure before the first rinse test. These were applied after prepping with Meguiar`s D302 followed up with Prep-All, paint temp was 70F. I`ve also got the Adam`s applied over a tired M37 v2 section and on a section of Bead Maker boosted Blackfire Pro, applied in direct sunlight the temps were reading in the 100-120F range on the paint, seemed to work in just fine with no wipedown issues.

Had to stop a real strong desire to just keep going and coat over all the other test sections! Seems very user friendly, I`m reading a lot of guys are put off by the price, but if it`s coating level performance then it`s a no brainer choice especially for the mass amount of consumers who were duped by the Topcoat F11 advertising dumping $60 on that product. That is of course unless Mother`s CMX pulls off a miracle for $20.
    Were your gloss readings higher with Beadmaker? Jon on Forensic Detailing got his highest gloss readings from Beadmaker. Do you have a listing of your gloss readings with different products? Readings should vary from panel to panel though. It’s very hard to definitively say one product has the highest gloss of all unless you are testing them on the same panel at the same time (imho).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I wish you would do a CanCoat vs Adams vs IGL Premier test. I`ve gotten compelling IGL Premier results and it is a VOC Free product to boot. 6 month duration spec which I trust as I am close to that now.
    IGL Premier is on the way thanks to this 25% off flash sale!

Were your gloss readings higher with Beadmaker? Jon on Forensic Detailing got his highest gloss readings from Beadmaker. Do you have a listing of your gloss readings with different products? Readings should vary from panel to panel though. It’s very hard to definitively say one product has the highest gloss of all unless you are testing them on the same panel at the same time (imho).
    Bead Maker is definitely one of those products that does produce some great gloss readings after the first initial wipe in. For Wet Coat, Reload, and BSD, I would expect readings to improve after the first wash that will really knock down any residuals left behind during the application. Adam`s was reading around 96.6GU, Can Coat around 96.0GU and we started around 96.6GU post polish with D302 + Prep-All, measured at 60 degrees on the Rhopoint. I`ll test gloss again post-cure at 1 week, then after the wash, then I`ll throw Bead Maker on top and measure pre- and post-wash.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, RaydiantDetail, glfnaz, Ronkh, RMD and 1 others thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    IGL Premier is on the way thanks to this 25% off flash sale!

Bead Maker is definitely one of those products that does produce some great gloss readings after the first initial wipe in. For Wet Coat, Reload, and BSD, I would expect readings to improve after the first wash that will really knock down any residuals left behind during the application. Adam`s was reading around 96.6GU, Can Coat around 96.0GU and we started around 96.6GU post polish with D302 + Prep-All, measured at 60 degrees on the Rhopoint. I`ll test gloss again post-cure at 1 week, then after the wash, then I`ll throw Bead Maker on top and measure pre- and post-wash.
    More questions. Since you are using D302 I’m assuming you are getting higher GU using it than other finishing polishes? I’ve never used it even though I’ve got a bottle. I figured D302 was made for microfiber pad finishing and microfiber pads can leave some hazing. What pads are you using it with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

More questions. Since you are using D302 I’m assuming you are getting higher GU using it than other finishing polishes? I’ve never used it even though I’ve got a bottle. I figured D302 was made for microfiber pad finishing and microfiber pads can leave some hazing. What pads are you using it with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When I did the previous jeweling test I topped off at 97.3GU, so I wasn`t able to match that on this go around with D302. I used a regular blue foam Buff and Shine polishing pad on the GG6. I haven`t done much gloss specific testing with it so I`m not sure if I could peak higher, but it`s definitely easy to work with and seems to wipe off nicely. Haven`t tried this polish out yet with a microfiber pad yet, seems to work fine with foam.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I got a notice on my phone that Pan the Organizer posted a review video on the Adams Ceramic Spray Coating

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information