Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Spray Coating

UPDATE: Just used it again after a few months. The spray nozzle was clogged. So my recommendation would be to purge it prior to storing it.

I topped a coated vehicle with it to see how it acts/performs as a coating `topper`. Had no issues whatsoever. No streaking/etc. Will update on the performance/durability.

2006 C Class Mercedes, w/102K miles on it...

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    UPDATE: Just used it again after a few months. The spray nozzle was clogged. So my recommendation would be to purge it prior to storing it.

I topped a coated vehicle with it to see how it acts/performs as a coating `topper`. Had no issues whatsoever. No streaking/etc. Will update on the performance/durability.

2006 C Class Mercedes, w/102K miles on it...

A bummer that the nozzle was clogged, but a plus that there is enough SiO2 (or whatever) to harden and clog said nozzle. Car looks great too!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Coating Lite fits the category very well. Quick detailer, wax, topper, sealant, coating lite, coating. Now you can use products any way you choose, such as a coating lite over a coating, but not a coating over a coating lite. In reality you could, but what would be the purpose? The topper category is a bit more complicated as you can use some over wax as well as some of the coating lites.

How does this sound? Or did I miss something?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks rl. I keep wanting to replace this car, but it looks so darn good and still drives well, I just can`t bring myself to do it! LOL

Yeah, the nozzle clogging isn`t necessarily a deal breaker, but just an added step to be sure not to have any issues down the road. (purging the nozzle/line before storage).

"Coating lite" is a good category for these types of products. Kind of fits them to a T! And your description of usage is right on as well. (I would not coat over a coating lite or anything else for that matter)
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I think Coating Lite fits the category very well. Quick detailer, wax, topper, sealant, coating lite, coating. Now you can use products any way you choose, such as a coating lite over a coating, but not a coating over a coating lite. In reality you could, but what would be the purpose? The topper category is a bit more complicated as you can use some over wax as well as some of the coating lites.

How does this sound? Or did I miss something?
    I like your categories. Each category obviously could breakdown further into subcategories, but I think you drew a nice line for keeping things straight forward.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

From what I read Mother’s is just a sealant

Will need feedback there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Adams Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by nickfire20 View Post
    From what I read Mother’s is just a sealant

Will need feedback there

Forrest from mothers had mentioned it is a true coating. Time will tell.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes nickfire20, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Forrest from mothers had mentioned it is a true coating. Time will tell.
    Forrest has said it will last 12+ months and as far as I know there are no spray coatings that last longer than 9 months. It’s going to be hard to live up to those claims. I would be happy with 6 real all weather/conditions months at his price.

Post Thanks / Like

Forrest has said it will last 12+ months and as far as I know there are no spray coatings that last longer than 9 months. It’s going to be hard to live up to those claims. I would be happy with 6 real all weather/conditions months at his price.
    Agreed. Hard to believe it will outlast cancoat,moonlight which both seem to be solid coating lites

Post Thanks / Like

Adams Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Agreed. Hard to believe it will outlast cancoat,moonlight which both seem to be solid coating lites

CanCoat for me went 15 months so if I do decide to use Mothers then it would have to meet the high standard that CanCoat has set.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

If these coating lite products has around a year of longevity. It`s going to be very important that it has the shelf life that is very long too. Cause you get a lot of product in a coating lite bottle. And the shelf life of Sio2 products is not always very long as in up to 2-4 years. This is with the average Joe with 1-2 cars. But maybe the price of them still gets your bang for the buck with maybe 2 applications only. Then you maybe don`t wait till it`s fails on the paint. And reapply it around the 6 months mark to have it topped up.

Very interesting time for sure this. And for the pro detailers to be able to offering a great coating lite products. A one step polishing and coating lite I think could be a money maker. And why not an AIO Sio2 polish and coating lite topped. Angelwax Enigma AIO and top it with either the Enigma Wax or Enigma QED and send a bottle with the customer with AW Enigma car soap maybe the Enigma AIO plus the Enigma Wax could get you around a year of longevity from it. With Enigma AIO and Enigma QED you would get around 6months longevity from it. Enigma QED and Enigma car soap would be something the customer could be useing by them self too. The drawback would be that they maybe don`t comes back to soon for a polishing LOL

Like the coating lite to describe these products with over 6 months longevity. The step over the normal sealant longevity.
    Likes acuRAS82, DetailZeus, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If these coating lite products has around a year of longevity. It`s going to be very important that it has the shelf life that is very long too. Cause you get a lot of product in a coating lite bottle. And the shelf life of Sio2 products is not always very long as in up to 2-4 years. This is with the average Joe with 1-2 cars. But maybe the price of them still gets your bang for the buck with maybe 2 applications only. Then you maybe don`t wait till it`s fails on the paint. And reapply it around the 6 months mark to have it topped up.

Very interesting time for sure this. And for the pro detailers to be able to offering a great coating lite products. A one step polishing and coating lite I think could be a money maker. And why not an AIO Sio2 polish and coating lite topped. Angelwax Enigma AIO and top it with either the Enigma Wax or Enigma QED and send a bottle with the customer with AW Enigma car soap maybe the Enigma AIO plus the Enigma Wax could get you around a year of longevity from it. With Enigma AIO and Enigma QED you would get around 6months longevity from it. Enigma QED and Enigma car soap would be something the customer could be useing by them self too. The drawback would be that they maybe don`t comes back to soon for a polishing LOL

Like the coating lite to describe these products with over 6 months longevity. The step over the normal sealant longevity.
    This is something I have thought about also. The shelf life of high SiO2 products is not long after opening. I just tossed a bottle of product that cost $129. I should have moved it into smaller bottles where less air would be introduced. There is some conversation about the McKees V2 Coating “jelling” up after the first application. The Mothers product doesn’t concern me as much due to its low cost and that it could be used as frequently as you want. I spray some IGL Premier on my vehicle every couple of weeks even though I know I could get 6 months out of it. If the Mothers is a good product many of the products I now use will be obsolete, and that’s a good thing. I can’t wait to mix ECH2O and Mother’s to get a super QD.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, since you’ve said it’s a nice product I ordered the small bottle today.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^Let me/us know what you think! I will say that IMO you will not be disappointed...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes fly07sti liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

This is something I have thought about also. The shelf life of high SiO2 products is not long after opening. I just tossed a bottle of product that cost $129. I should have moved it into smaller bottles where less air would be introduced. There is some conversation about the McKees V2 Coating “jelling” up after the first application. The Mothers product doesn’t concern me as much due to its low cost and that it could be used as frequently as you want. I spray some IGL Premier on my vehicle every couple of weeks even though I know I could get 6 months out of it. If the Mothers is a good product many of the products I now use will be obsolete, and that’s a good thing. I can’t wait to mix ECH2O and Mother’s to get a super QD.
    Hey, Amigo !
    In my experience with Coatings, the best, most reliable, easy to use, storage for them is the Syringe.. Optimum who started Coatings long ago, used them and I had some of their first products last many years before starting to dry.. With a syringe, you can visibly see how much air is in it and since its small, there is way less air if any in one, if you purge it all out and then cap the end.. Optimum used 60ml clear plastic syringes..
    Just a thought..
    Dan F
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information