Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    2 week update for Can Coat and Adam`s Spray Coating, this is raw video footage with no voice. Surface tension is greatly impacted after the Reset wash.

This is 2 weeks since applied, 800 miles driven, tons of rain dumped on it. First rinse is pre-wash, actually looks great on this rinse. Then the wash with Reset has a large impact on hydrophobic performance. I`ve seen Can Coat hold up better in the short term too but I was not expecting Reset to have such a large impact on Adam`s after this short duration, I already want to top both sides.

Also used it on top of the Blackfire Pro Coating + Bead Maker combo in the rear of the car 2 weeks ago. Perfect performance, extremely hydrophobic, easily holds up after the Reset wash. Short raw clip (sound warning, it`s a bit high on this clip):
    Topping would defeat the purpose of testing for durability.

What was your prep again?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Topping would defeat the purpose of testing for durability.

What was your prep again?
    Prepped with Meguiar’s D302, followed up with Prep-All. Right, if this was a personal car outside of testing I would definitely want to top at this point. I got that feeling from Classic CQuartz and definitely Mohs early on as well, after topping all is well!

Post Thanks / Like

Prepped with Meguiar’s D302, followed up with Prep-All. Right, if this was a personal car outside of testing I would definitely want to top at this point. I got that feeling from Classic CQuartz and definitely Mohs early on as well, after topping all is well!
    It is funny you bring up Cquartz TiO2. It`s been raining these past two days here and side by side the hydrophobics are on par with CQUK 3.0 at 7 months in with no toppers. Mohs on the other hand has underwhelming hydrophibics and does best with a topper.

I am thinking that with D302 being somewhat heavy in polishing oils could have caused some bonding issues. Perhaps that prep-all didn`t remove all of the polishing oils or perhaps it left some residue behind. I can`t say since I have not used it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Loach, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That’s great performance out of TiO2, I posted what they’re looking like now in the Bead Maker thread and TiO2 is right on the heels of CQUK after being topped which is really good. I’ll have to post the before performance of it prior to Bead Maker, it was looking a bit tired after some heavy spotting but I just like the fact that it doesn’t need anything crazy heavy as a topper to really boost and maintain performance. It makes TiO2 such a good alternative to CQUK even though it doesn’t have the same insane short term hydrophobics.

Prep-All has been a very good paint prep, it really knocks down some heavier waxes where IPA wipedowns have zero impact, so I don’t believe D302 polishing oils are the culprit. This bottle of Can Coat is years old which could be the main culprit, even though it looked great in the short term on the other test panel. And Adam’s is most likely performing as standard.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s great performance out of TiO2, I posted what they’re looking like now in the Bead Maker thread and TiO2 is right on the heels of CQUK after being topped which is really good. I’ll have to post the before performance of it prior to Bead Maker, it was looking a bit tired after some heavy spotting but I just like the fact that it doesn’t need anything crazy heavy as a topper to really boost and maintain performance. It makes TiO2 such a good alternative to CQUK even though it doesn’t have the same insane short term hydrophobics.

Prep-All has been a very good paint prep, it really knocks down some heavier waxes where IPA wipedowns have zero impact, so I don’t believe D302 polishing oils are the culprit. This bottle of Can Coat is years old which could be the main culprit, even though it looked great in the short term on the other test panel. And Adam’s is most likely performing as standard.
    What dilution are you useing with reset?

We have discussed in the sealant testing thread on AGO on how to get a fair water behavior test after a wash. He used McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash and it seemed to be clogging the water behavior a little. And moved on to reset instead and it got better. But if you want to try something out is to dry the panel after the reset wash and rinse. And that would be with a mf drying towel. That got him to see more clearly the difference between the different LSP water behaviors. It can be that reset is leaving some residue behind that the drying towel picks up. Sounds a little strange but it`s an easy test to do and you will see if it`s any noticeble difference when rinsing off the reset and rinse on a dried panel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information