Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Spray Coating

I just used the production version of this...

I feel it`s better than the beta test version! Easier to use, and the beading was crazy after it rained!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes EKhatch, SWETM, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The rinse video is up after a 1 week cure on each side, looks very impressive!

Still very early, but it does check a lot of boxes against Can Coat in terms of application and feel. I will be keeping a close eye on the durability and will be posting updates. Topped both sides on the test hood with a bunch of different products, the crazy thing is CG V7 blew everything else away in terms of after application slickness on both coatings, including Bead Maker. Very surprising, this is my first time working with V7 as a coating topper so I`ll check next weekend to run rinse testing to see how much of an impact each section had on the coatings in the short term. I sectioned off for V7, Bead Maker, Cosmic Spritz, Gyeon Cure, and Ceramic Boost 2.0.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post

Still very early, but it does check a lot of boxes against Can Coat in terms of application and feel. I will be keeping a close eye on the durability and will be posting updates. Topped both sides on the test hood with a bunch of different products, the crazy thing is CG V7 blew everything else away in terms of after application slickness on both coatings, including Bead Maker. Very surprising, this is my first time working with V7 as a coating topper so I`ll check next weekend to run rinse testing to see how much of an impact each section had on the coatings in the short term. I sectioned off for V7, Bead Maker, Cosmic Spritz, Gyeon Cure, and Ceramic Boost 2.0.
    That`s pretty cool, well done.

Does Adam`s retail anywhere common or just online? If they (or someone) puts a CanCoat equivalent on consumer shelves certainly will be interesting to see if how it does.

Maybe guy who wanders in to Advance Auto every Spring for a bottle of NXT figures why not give something else a try?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    That`s pretty cool, well done.

Does Adam`s retail anywhere common or just online? If they (or someone) puts a CanCoat equivalent on consumer shelves certainly will be interesting to see if how it does.

Maybe guy who wanders in to Advance Auto every Spring for a bottle of NXT figures why not give something else a try?
    Unfortunately not. It’s either online or a local distributor.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been asking someone to do a side by side of V7 and Beadmaker. I always thought V7 was superslick, but it just didn’t last very long. I’ve been mixing V7 and BSD together for awhile to get slickness and protection. It’s a combo that’s hard to beat. Thanks for the review!
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Loach. Perfect review, as always.
    Have you tested IGL Premier yet?
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve been asking someone to do a side by side of V7 and Beadmaker. I always thought V7 was superslick, but it just didn’t last very long. I’ve been mixing V7 and BSD together for awhile to get slickness and protection. It’s a combo that’s hard to beat. Thanks for the review!
    When I first got my hands on Bead Maker I tested it against V7 after polishing the test hood, Bead Maker outclassed it in slickness. On these two coatings though, V7 is way slicker feeling. However, this is a very fresh bottle of V7 that I used recently, in my original comparison against Bead Maker my gallon size of V7 was a few years old at that point and I`m not sure if shelf life is having an impact on its performance, but I can test this once I polish the hood back out and try the fresh V7 bottle against Bead Maker solo again.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Thank you Loach. Perfect review, as always.
    Have you tested IGL Premier yet?
    Thanks! Haven`t tried IGL out yet, we were getting hammered by rain all day on Sunday which blocked a bunch of planned tests, but I`m really looking forward to trying it out.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes glfnaz, johnboy liked this post
    Thanks glfnaz, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man your tests are awesome! Before I even joined AG and here your videos help me decide on CQUK3. Appreciate what you do. This Adam’s coating is looking like a real winner if it holds up for the minimum of 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For those that haven`t seen it already; Apex Detail did a comparison of the Adams, IGL Premier, & Meg`s HCW

Post Thanks / Like

It just hit me today that the Adams spray coating and even the Mothers CMX sound an awful like TACSystem’s MoonLight Coating.

And If I remember correctly people didn`t care for Moonlight all that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Hey man your tests are awesome! Before I even joined AG and here your videos help me decide on CQUK3. Appreciate what you do. This Adam’s coating is looking like a real winner if it holds up for the minimum of 6 months.

Not here to poo poo on the parade, but you can easily get 6 months with a lot cheaper products that arent ceramic coatings. I`ve personally seen well over 6 to 8 months with Sonax PNS and had good luck with Collonite 845 as well. PNS has way better hydrophobic qualities and life than 845.

I am excited to try the new mothers CMX and see how durability is on the Adam`s spray coating.

Loach, thank you very much for all your efforts. Been watching your videos religiously from day 1. Amazing work, knowledge and straight to the point.
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah most sealants I’ve tried last but don’t have the self cleaning or shine of a ceramic coating. Not just looking for beads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yeah most sealants I’ve tried last but don’t have the self cleaning or shine of a ceramic coating. Not just looking for beads

Completely agree. 845 was a great sealant, but dust and pollen would cling to it whereas with CanCoat it will mostly blow off during a drive or get rinsed off in a steady rain. Rain will blow off the car at much slower speeds than a sealant, and I`ve even noticed snow is easier to remove as well.

Washing tends to be a bit easier too. It takes far less effort and time to wash the vehicle since most grime simply glides away with my wash mitt. The amazing sheeting action makes drying faster as well and leads to fewer water spots I have to remove afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    It just hit me today that the Adams spray coating and even the Mothers CMX sound an awful like TACSystem’s MoonLight Coating.

And If I remember correctly people didn`t care for Moonlight all that much.
    Budgetplan1 didn’t like Moonlight. I liked it fine. I believe he had some water spotting problems. Forensic Detailing likes Moonlight a tad better than Cancoat. I still haven’t tried Cancoat to compare the two. Maybe this spring I’ll do a side by side of the two.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like now that this product has been in users hands for a while with people testing durability and overall effectiveness it isn`t really living up to the hype. Anyone else notice more and more negative reviews surfacing? Makes me really interested to see how the Mothers product stacks up after it has been in the publics hands for a while.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information