Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    I just ordered the Adam`s Spray Coating and a microfiber kit a few days ago. I only received the microfiber towels from the kit and the microfiber kit - no coating. Just curious, had anyone else ordered the coating, and not received it with there order?

  2. #47
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    2,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

  3. #48
    RaydiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Folks, gotta stop referring to the 9H hardness relating to the Mohs scale when it comes to any ceramic coating. That starts with the companies as well being more upfront that the hardness is based on the pencil hardness test. Its misleading to those who don`t really know much about ceramic coatings when people refer to the hardness on the Mohs scale. Kind of drives me nuts lol.
    Likes Coatings=crack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  4. #49
    RaydiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    I think my response on his video about coating hardness prompted him to make this quick video explaining the coating hardness test.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8m1LAlHL0
    Likes nickfire20, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This is something I have thought about also. The shelf life of high SiO2 products is not long after opening. I just tossed a bottle of product that cost $129. I should have moved it into smaller bottles where less air would be introduced. There is some conversation about the McKees V2 Coating ďjellingĒ up after the first application. The Mothers product doesnít concern me as much due to its low cost and that it could be used as frequently as you want. I spray some IGL Premier on my vehicle every couple of weeks even though I know I could get 6 months out of it. If the Mothers is a good product many of the products I now use will be obsolete, and thatís a good thing. I canít wait to mix ECH2O and Motherís to get a super QD.
    I found that vacuum sealing the container made a world of difference. I did this with a syringe of Optimum Coat before they required you to be a professional and upped the price.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

  6. #51
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA, South East GA
    Posts
    4,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Folks, gotta stop referring to the 9H hardness relating to the Mohs scale when it comes to any ceramic coating. That starts with the companies as well being more upfront that the hardness is based on the pencil hardness test. Its misleading to those who don`t really know much about ceramic coatings when people refer to the hardness on the Mohs scale. Kind of drives me nuts lol.
    The 9h is now a marketing tool as I’ve seen some coatings marked 10h. Consumers (and detailers) need to realize hardness is not always the number one thing to look for in a coating. A coating must also be flexible. Glass is hard, but also flexible to some extent. If it gets too hard it becomes brittle. Many of the top coatings do not even discuss hardness. I thought for awhile that 9h was kind of made up by manufacturers. While searching for coatings on Alibaba I found that manufacturers in the Far East have certificates from outside testing laboratories certifying the hardness of their coatings. Most large manufacturers sell a variety of coatings that vary in hardness. The “softer” coatings are usually more hydrophobic. I have about decided that slickness does not equal hydrophycity, although I need to do more research. Information on the makeup of coatings is hard to come by.
    Likes RaydiantDetail, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I think my response on his video about coating hardness prompted him to make this quick video explaining the coating hardness test.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8m1LAlHL0
    This is exactly how Kyle, from Adamís Polishes described their coating last week, he spoke of how it is rated with the pencil scale.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Folks, gotta stop referring to the 9H hardness relating to the Mohs scale when it comes to any ceramic coating. That starts with the companies as well being more upfront that the hardness is based on the pencil hardness test. Its misleading to those who don`t really know much about ceramic coatings when people refer to the hardness on the Mohs scale. Kind of drives me nuts lol.
    Yeah, Adamís does explain that on their website when talking about this product


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Loach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating



    Got it in today, it`s definitely easy to work with, spreads out nicely and flashes over quickly. Wipedown was great, this showed through in the gloss meter as well. Compared to Can Coat, it feels slightly slicker, slightly easier wipedown, slightly better gloss readings (this could even out after the first wash/rinse). I`m going to give both of these a week to cure before the first rinse test. These were applied after prepping with Meguiar`s D302 followed up with Prep-All, paint temp was 70F. I`ve also got the Adam`s applied over a tired M37 v2 section and on a section of Bead Maker boosted Blackfire Pro, applied in direct sunlight the temps were reading in the 100-120F range on the paint, seemed to work in just fine with no wipedown issues.

    Had to stop a real strong desire to just keep going and coat over all the other test sections! Seems very user friendly, I`m reading a lot of guys are put off by the price, but if it`s coating level performance then it`s a no brainer choice especially for the mass amount of consumers who were duped by the Topcoat F11 advertising dumping $60 on that product. That is of course unless Mother`s CMX pulls off a miracle for $20.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Ronkh, glfnaz thanked for this post

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    I wish you would do a CanCoat vs Adams vs IGL Premier test. I`ve gotten compelling IGL Premier results and it is a VOC Free product to boot. 6 month duration spec which I trust as I am close to that now.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, rlmccarty2000, Loach liked this post

  11. #56
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA, South East GA
    Posts
    4,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post


    Got it in today, it`s definitely easy to work with, spreads out nicely and flashes over quickly. Wipedown was great, this showed through in the gloss meter as well. Compared to Can Coat, it feels slightly slicker, slightly easier wipedown, slightly better gloss readings (this could even out after the first wash/rinse). I`m going to give both of these a week to cure before the first rinse test. These were applied after prepping with Meguiar`s D302 followed up with Prep-All, paint temp was 70F. I`ve also got the Adam`s applied over a tired M37 v2 section and on a section of Bead Maker boosted Blackfire Pro, applied in direct sunlight the temps were reading in the 100-120F range on the paint, seemed to work in just fine with no wipedown issues.

    Had to stop a real strong desire to just keep going and coat over all the other test sections! Seems very user friendly, I`m reading a lot of guys are put off by the price, but if it`s coating level performance then it`s a no brainer choice especially for the mass amount of consumers who were duped by the Topcoat F11 advertising dumping $60 on that product. That is of course unless Mother`s CMX pulls off a miracle for $20.
    Were your gloss readings higher with Beadmaker? Jon on Forensic Detailing got his highest gloss readings from Beadmaker. Do you have a listing of your gloss readings with different products? Readings should vary from panel to panel though. It’s very hard to definitively say one product has the highest gloss of all unless you are testing them on the same panel at the same time (imho).

  12. #57
    Loach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I wish you would do a CanCoat vs Adams vs IGL Premier test. I`ve gotten compelling IGL Premier results and it is a VOC Free product to boot. 6 month duration spec which I trust as I am close to that now.
    IGL Premier is on the way thanks to this 25% off flash sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Were your gloss readings higher with Beadmaker? Jon on Forensic Detailing got his highest gloss readings from Beadmaker. Do you have a listing of your gloss readings with different products? Readings should vary from panel to panel though. Itís very hard to definitively say one product has the highest gloss of all unless you are testing them on the same panel at the same time (imho).
    Bead Maker is definitely one of those products that does produce some great gloss readings after the first initial wipe in. For Wet Coat, Reload, and BSD, I would expect readings to improve after the first wash that will really knock down any residuals left behind during the application. Adam`s was reading around 96.6GU, Can Coat around 96.0GU and we started around 96.6GU post polish with D302 + Prep-All, measured at 60 degrees on the Rhopoint. I`ll test gloss again post-cure at 1 week, then after the wash, then I`ll throw Bead Maker on top and measure pre- and post-wash.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes RaydiantDetail, glfnaz, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, RaydiantDetail, glfnaz, Ronkh, RMD thanked for this post

  13. #58
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA, South East GA
    Posts
    4,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    IGL Premier is on the way thanks to this 25% off flash sale!



    Bead Maker is definitely one of those products that does produce some great gloss readings after the first initial wipe in. For Wet Coat, Reload, and BSD, I would expect readings to improve after the first wash that will really knock down any residuals left behind during the application. Adam`s was reading around 96.6GU, Can Coat around 96.0GU and we started around 96.6GU post polish with D302 + Prep-All, measured at 60 degrees on the Rhopoint. I`ll test gloss again post-cure at 1 week, then after the wash, then I`ll throw Bead Maker on top and measure pre- and post-wash.
    More questions. Since you are using D302 Iím assuming you are getting higher GU using it than other finishing polishes? Iíve never used it even though Iíve got a bottle. I figured D302 was made for microfiber pad finishing and microfiber pads can leave some hazing. What pads are you using it with?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Loach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adams Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    More questions. Since you are using D302 I’m assuming you are getting higher GU using it than other finishing polishes? I’ve never used it even though I’ve got a bottle. I figured D302 was made for microfiber pad finishing and microfiber pads can leave some hazing. What pads are you using it with?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When I did the previous jeweling test I topped off at 97.3GU, so I wasn`t able to match that on this go around with D302. I used a regular blue foam Buff and Shine polishing pad on the GG6. I haven`t done much gloss specific testing with it so I`m not sure if I could peak higher, but it`s definitely easy to work with and seems to wipe off nicely. Haven`t tried this polish out yet with a microfiber pad yet, seems to work fine with foam.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Adams NEW trim coating.
    By PA DETAILER in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-27-2016, 09:29 PM
  2. Adams In & Out Spray
    By froll in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 04:48 AM
  3. Adams Detail Spray, Optimim Spray Wax and...
    By cgc2 in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 10:55 AM
  4. Adams Detail Spray, Optimim Spray Wax and...
    By cgc2 in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
  5. Adams Detail Spray vs. Poorboys Spray n Wipe
    By GregCavi in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •