Post Thanks / Like

MetroVac Master Blaster Models?

Looking to purchase a Master Blaster (8hp) in the near future, but in confused about their models and what`s different between them.
    MB-3
    MB-3CD
    MB-3CDSWB
    MB-3CDSWB-30

I`m sure there`s more. Any assistance?
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer
    Likes Stokdgs, VitreousHumor liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MetroVac Master Blaster Models?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Looking to purchase a Master Blaster (8hp) in the near future, but in confused about their models and what`s different between them.
    MB-3
    MB-3CD
    MB-3CDSWB
    MB-3CDSWB-30

I`m sure there`s more. Any assistance?
    Shaking Horizons --

Where did you find all those model numbers for the Master Blaster ?? Never mind I just looked the last nbr up - MB-3CDSWB-30 - this is a combination Vacuum/Blower, they are using the exhaust end of it as a blower..

I have the biggest Metro Vacuum with a 4hp motor and of course, it will be half as efficient as the dedicated 2 - 4hp motors, Master Blaster with a bigger and longer diameter hose..

At the Autopia store here, they only show this 1 model for the 8hp Master Blaster -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/mast...l#.XAnqONuQH3g

I have had this model for years and it has worked great... It is the only way to truly dry a car without touching it..
    And as a bonus, it can be also used to blow out really dirty, etc., Interiors, etc., and remove a lot of stuff out really fast, before vacuuming...

You want to have a 20 amp circuit if possible to run this thing at 8hp (both motors on), if possible..
    Love mine, never going to change it..

Yes, a big, giant, compressor with a huge tank and compressed air can also work - this is what we used to blow out Interiors quickly to wash the vehicles after all the body and paintwork was finished, and the Client was coming to pick it up, but I don`t have that and I don`t want that either..

I will tell Santa that you have been good..

Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response Dan, but the model numbers listed are all of their blowers - not the vac/blower combos (at least according to their website). I have a dedicated wall mount vacuum, so I`m just seeking a blower at this time.

I have a 60g air compressor currently, but it`s only good for pushing water out of cracks and crevices - so I`m in search of a machine that can replace my leaf blower and compressor.
    Reflective Impressions
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Thanks for the response Dan, but the model numbers listed are all of their blowers - not the vac/blower combos (at least according to their website). I have a dedicated wall mount vacuum, so I`m just seeking a blower at this time.

I have a 60g air compressor currently, but it`s only good for pushing water out of cracks and crevices - so I`m in search of a machine that can replace my leaf blower and compressor.
    Amigo --

Ok, I just went to metrovac.com website and looked at the right side of the screen at all the different models.. It appears they have made some that do different things as well as dry a vehicle really fast, and now they even give you a bunch of attachments to use for different applications..

It looks like now you can regulate the airflow on 1 model, for drying pets, etc., one is quieter, and I guess that is a nice thing, but I would never need that for Detailing, right?

They now have front swivel wheels, nice, but I put mine on the top shelf of a rolling cart, and it rolls along with me as I dry down the side of vehicles.. Just have to mind the cord on the ground and then switch over to the other side, etc...

It looks like they all include the metal hanging bracket; you want this.. I have the longest Metrovac Vacuum on a hanging bracket as well.. Best way to store both those bad boys..

I like having the machine higher so the hose is easier to use and there is actually more hose, since it does not have to come up from the floor to the top of the vehicle, etc... I did buy the extra long hose extension once, but found it to be too much and it is heavier as well.. Decided I didnt want to hassle with that extra long thing and its been in the garage attic for years.. Its like 30 feet long, so you have to decide where to put all that hose when not in use..

All I have is that big, rubber, pointed cone attachment with mine (which is several years old), and I have never needed anything else.. This old machine I have is also excellent at blowing out all the water after I pressure wash engines and engine compartments, and the underside of the hood, cowling, etc... (Just be careful of the underhood insulation if there is some)..

It looks to me like they are all good, but for Detailing a vehicle and you want 4 to 8 hp of air that gets hot in a few minutes, to really dry engines and compartments, and the entire vehicle really fast, pick the one you want and you will be fine.. The one they sell here is less expensive, at $349.00 vs Metrovac`s pricing..

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ShakingHorizons- Guess I oughta just spare you my "put an AirWand on that leaf blower!" advice, huh? Couldn`t resist though If only because between that and my compressor I believe I have the optimal setup..guess my satisfaction blinds me to whatever`s not working for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the Revolution with the 30’ hose, sorry don’t have the model number. It does a great job. I really like the 30’ hose. I don’t have it mounted yet. I’m going to mount it on the wall in the corner of the garage. The 30’ hose is plenty to go around any vehicle I’ll be drying. I’m really pleased with the purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments all, I finally received a response from MetroVac stating -

MB-3CD Standard model, no swivel wheels, no wall mount hanger, 10` Hose, no hose hanger
    MB-3CDSWB Swivel Wheels, Wall Mount Hanger, 10` Hose, hose hanger
    MB-3CDSWB-30 Swivel Wheels, Wall Mount Hanger, 30` hose, Hose hanger
    Reflective Impressions
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the 8HP Blaster for about 3 years. It can really put out some air.
    Let me say this first, on my black car it is about 9/10 as good as using a microfiber towel to dry it as far as looks.
    On my white car I can not see any difference.
    If you keep wax/sealant on your car it gives you a good idea when you need to wax again cause it doesnt glide off like it was.
    If you have a ceramic/glass coating on the car it is amazing.
    The real benefits from using a blower like this is if you keep your car slippery with a wax/sealant/coating
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don R View Post
    If you have a ceramic/glass coating on the car it is amazing.
    You got that right!

My wife`s Escape is coated and my van isn`t. The residual water on my wife`s Escape looks like a cinematic special effect when it`s blown off with the Blaster.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

I`m always surprised that people like using these for whole-vehicle drying. Seems like that little nozzle wouldn`t do large panels very efficiently...not like a couple waves of your arm will do the hood in a few seconds (as per the AirWand). It always seemed like more of a replacement for what I do with the compressor, something for nooks and crannies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m always surprised that people like using these for whole-vehicle drying. Seems like that little nozzle wouldn`t do large panels very efficiently...not like a couple waves of your arm will do the hood in a few seconds (as per the AirWand). It always seemed like more of a replacement for what I do with the compressor, something for nooks and crannies.
    Hermano El Accumulator" !

But the 2 - 4 hp motors behind that 1/2" diameter at the end rubber nozzle - DOES - remove all the water off the hood in a few seconds...
    And this setup does blow all the water out of tires, wheels, disc brake calipers, etc., really quickly too..

I can stand on one side of the top of my Grand Cherokee and blow all the water from that side off to the other side, leaving very little water to finish up when I get to the other side..

I can pressure wash an engine and compartment and blow almost all the water down to the ground really fast to speed up drying, so I can come by there later, or the next morning, and spray a nice dressing on all of it so it looks fantastic when the Client picks it up..
    No leaf blower in the world has 2 - 4 hp motors behind it..

Air Force® Master Blaster® MB-3CD
    Construction: Sturdy All Steel
    Motor: 8.0 Peak HP
    AMPS: 19 Amps
    Watts 2,280 Watts
    Airflow: CFM/FPM 58,500 FPM
    Cord: 12 ft. Heavy Duty 3 Conductor
    Dimensions/Weight: 22"x8"x11" / 26 lbs.
    Accessories: 10 ft. 1.5" Flexible Commercial Strength hose, Heavy Duty Neoprene Blower Nozzle plus 5 Additional Interchangeable Attachments

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs- OK, it does sound better than I would`ve thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only does the blower get out what seems like buckets of water that otherwise sit there till it dries on its own but the main number one reason I use one, it`s one less time I have to touch the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don R View Post
    Not only does the blower get out what seems like buckets of water that otherwise sit there till it dries on its own but the main number one reason I use one, it`s one less time I have to touch the paint.
    +1 Don R ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With Black cars, this is so important..
    I haven`t touched my personal cars after washing them in years, since I purchased the Master Blaster...
    No big, wet, towels, no wringing of big, wet, towels, etc..
    Dan F
    Likes Don R liked this post

Thread Information