Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Seeking Comments about Megs NEW Pro Speed M110 Compound and M210 Polish

Have any of you fellow Autopians used the NEW Meguiar`s twin offers of Pro Speed M110 Compound and M210 Polish and what your thoughts are and how they compare to other manufacturer`s compounds and polishes? These look to be upgrades/evolution from the much-maligned M105 compound and much-loved M205 Polish.

I love the Meg`s Professional line and have used many of them extensively as a hobbyist detailer because of their over-the-counter availability, cost-effectiveness, and application end results, as I am sure many of Autopians have over the years.
    GB detailer
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeking Comments about Megs NEW Pro Speed M110 Compound and M210 Polish

I have not used them, but my friend who is a distributor for both Meguiars and Griot’s prefers Griot’s. He says it doesn’t cut as well and is very dusty. Also on the softer paint it gummed up. Now I’m sure you can do all the water spray stuff and it’ll work, but I want simple and clean.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Fishing, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Megs M110 and Megs M210 perform "different" than other compounds/polishes I have tried.
    The Pad, Polish, process is different. Less is more. M110 cut very well and left a nice finish.
    I did find that M210 did gum IF you used too much & the metal was hotter than 90 degrees.
    Once I learned the right pad and amount of product...I am very happy with the final results.
    Very little dusting with M110 and no "Gummy Bears" with M210 with less product & no heat.

Here are a couple of vehicles I`ve done with the new M110 & M210 combo. I like new twins.

LINK -> 2016 Ford Mustang GT

and 2018 Black Jeep Compass - For only 3 months old this vehicle was trashed! (pics below)

She bought it because she liked it. She hated it because of the heavy swirls. She fell in love!
    She told me I saved her $30k. She hated it so much she was was within days of trading it in.
    It`s truly wonderful to watch their face when they fall in love with their vehicle all over again!

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Thanks Stokdgs, trashmanssd, felixthecat thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had an issue with M105, then M101, or M205..
    Just loved them both (M105 and M205) on a huge airplane I did once..

But they never failed on auto paint either..

I still use M105 for clearing up and really making tail light and headlight lenses perfect again..

If any product is used too long, gets too hot, etc., to the point of drying and throwing dust everywhere, then the problem is the process, not the product, in my experiences..

We have to be flexible and innovative to make this all work, right ??

Of course I only use Rotary Power with all products, so perhaps that makes it easier or something..
    DanF
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Loach, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs:
    You are correct: with M105 , the methodology/process/technique is paramount to its end success. I have some early production formulation and for me, it just dusts way too easily and I do NOT enjoy having to stop and spray/spritz water on a pad while I am buffing nor having to clean up the dust from cracks and crevasses in a vehicle or the micro-marring that can occur if the dust is left behind when microfiber wiping at a later time (Like the clean-up mentioned). As you stated, it DOES work well on refurbishing dull headlight lens and also as a rust remover on chrome when applied by hand, no dusting there! (I think that suggestion came from Dave Fermanni.)

Any way, I am searching for a more fool-proof (AKA; "idiot-proof") compound and polish, BUT as we used to say in engineering, "Just when you think you`ve made something fool-proof, they come out with better fools!!"

Merlin:
    Making a diminutive BLACK Jeep Compass look like it belongs on a Pebble Beach concourse is nothing short of a "Miracle Detail", but then that is your name. Thanks for the comments and signature "palm tree reflection" photos.

By the way, it is SOOOO cold here in Green Bay, Wisconsin that the sound of the boos from the Packer fans at Lambeau Field from last week`s loss to the Arizona Cardinals will not thaw out until April! That is one weird spring sound.
    It was SOOO cold, it even iced our own place kicker at the end of the game.
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want foolproof use the new twins! Griot’s fast correction cream and perfecting cream. Designed by the guys that came up with the Meguiars product. Works without a learning curve on any paint, any pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Stokdgs:
    You are correct: with M105 , the methodology/process/technique is paramount to its end success. I have some early production formulation and for me, it just dusts way too easily and I do NOT enjoy having to stop and spray/spritz water on a pad while I am buffing nor having to clean up the dust from cracks and crevasses in a vehicle or the micro-marring that can occur if the dust is left behind when microfiber wiping at a later time (Like the clean-up mentioned). As you stated, it DOES work well on refurbishing dull headlight lens and also as a rust remover on chrome when applied by hand, no dusting there! (I think that suggestion came from Dave Fermanni.)

Any way, I am searching for a more fool-proof (AKA; "idiot-proof") compound and polish, BUT as we used to say in engineering, "Just when you think you`ve made something fool-proof, they come out with better fools!!"
    I also started with M105 and sure it does work well but there are things that don`t make it one of the most user friendly compounds. I just received M110 and M210. I will see how it compares to their other compounds.

If you want a more fool proof compound and polish I would recommend Sonax Cut Max and either Sonax Ex 04-06 or Perfect Finish. I transitioned over to these some time ago and have not touched M100, M101 or M205. D300 is nice as well if you want something from Meguiar`s that works well. Decent cut with foam.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BadgerRivFan, Loach, Lonnie, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post
    Dislikes felixthecat disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[INSERT my usual rant about hating the TSO in M205 HERE]

Does the M210 have all those TSO to the extent that M205 does?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using both pretty heavily.

Lets start with 110! First off, it is a rich formula. So little product is needed. It has cut up there with some of the better compounds. Decent working time but it cuts fast. Very little dust and easy wipe off if not over worked. Been using this a lot with rotary and the 3401. It works great with low rotary speeds and 4-4.5 on the 3401. Keep the pressure moderate first pass or two then back off and end with machine weight only. Depending on you pad selection, this can result in a very close to LSP ready finish. Some paints it can just one step for sure. I kinda think of it as D300 on steroids. I like it a lot thus far. Do I like it better than my fav(CutMax) ? I don’t know yet. Cut is close with the definite edge to CutMax but 110 does finish better.

Now 210. I always liked 205 properties except it didn’t finish well on some paints. 210 doesn’t cut as much as 205 but still will remove wool/110 holograms with ease. It works fast. Most times 3 passes. Apply pressure first pass to engage abrasives, less pressure second pass and finally just a finger plus machine weight. You can use pretty fast arm speed also. So far this stuff finishes amazing even on soft paints. Been using this mostly with a Flex Finisher or standard Da. Wipe off is easy. Again a rich formula and use very sparingly or you will get the issues others have spoke of with gumming up. No dust and wipe off is a breeze. I have been really enjoying this one for sure as it finishes so well without much technique thoughts.
    Thats my thought for now anyway. I have used 1 quart of 110 and about 1/3 of a quart of 210 this far. Yes 210 is that rich of a formula.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the pair on one of the Black Friday sales. I been itching to try them out. D300 is my favorite when using microfiber pads and I’m happy to hear 210 might be better. I always bounce back and forth between Menz 400 and D300 especially on hard paint systems. I was a little dismayed to hear 110 was formulated more for softer paint systems. I may have to stick with Menz 3500 to finish out BMW paint. It’s always fun/frustrating to try out new polishes. I also bought some of the new Rupes blue wool pads and can’t wait to try them with 210. The wool is supposed to be less aggressive than microfiber but still cut well. Got to save some clear coat for the next owner. Lol.
    Likes Stokdgs, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Loach, felixthecat, ernman liked this post
    Thanks Loach, felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I also started with M105 and sure it does work well but there are things that don`t make it one of the most user friendly compounds. I just received M110 and M210. I will see how it compares to their other compounds.

If you want a more fool proof compound and polish I would recommend Sonax Cut Max and either Sonax Ex 04-06 or Perfect Finish. I transitioned over to these some time ago and have not touched M100, M101 or M205. D300 is nice as well if you want something from Meguiar`s that works well. Decent cut with foam.
    Thank you for your input....seems like the Cutmax / Ex 04-06 dual will be my next purchase......
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

M110 definitely checks a lot of boxes (cut, dust, gloss, wipe off, ease of use..), but I’m experiencing heavy filling behavior with it. Just be careful.

M105 dusts, but gives you a true finish.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

David Fermani- Hey, it`s *GREAT* to see you posting!

That`s good to know, the M110 filling...not that I expect to buy more compounds in this lifetime

I *still* wonder whether the M105 dusting is related to overworking the product. I mean, yeah, I get some dust, but it`s sure no worse than I expect with such products. It`s great if other/newer compounds just *don`t dust at all* but I`ve never had it be a real issue (and I`m the guy who says that if M105, even the lightest bit of M105 dust, is on a surface, that surface is not-so-micro-marred by the time you wipe it off). If I want to work M105 for longer than a few seconds, I add some [moisture] to it (eh, "don`t try this at home, kids!" comes to mind).

Post Thanks / Like

Do compounds ever go bad? I have good amount of 105 and 3D 501 and sonax Profiline fine Abrasive Paste.

Griots FCC, cutmax and 110 they all are so good what ever is cheapest might be best way tI go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information