Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Hit a Plateau on Shampoo Options

I think I`ve reached detailing Nirvana and just can`t get any better - JK ;-)

1st Salt Brine Wash of the Season. Which has got ME thinking. The ONLY shampoo I use is Reset these days for the most part.
    I don`t do cost per wash, etc calculations. Reset is super lubricious, and cleans dang well !

I have considered using lower cost soaps like the many revered 3D Pink for the in between still clean but dusty car wash days.

So....fellow Autopians, what am I missing. Is there any other shampoo that is cleans just as well as Reset and has similar lubricity ?
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hit a Plateau on Shampoo Options

And if anybody has suggestions that`re also nice and gentle on conventional LSPs I`d like to hear about `em too

Not that I expect to need more shampoo for a good long time...

Post Thanks / Like

Accum. Have you tried reset ? Where GG has held the lubricity top shelf forever for me, until my last/recent jugs of the watered down crap. I`m finally down to a 1/3 of the GG stuff on my last bottle and can`t wait to use it up. It`s not even good to use even on a lightly dusted car.

1 1/2 oz in a 5 gal bucket with reset and I swear, it cleans super well and is easily 3X as lubricious as the current formulation of the GG CW fwiw.

Post Thanks / Like

How does Reset fare in a foam gun?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t use it in a foam gun....that would be one costly foam application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Accum. Have you tried reset ?
    No, I haven`t. I always thought of it as a "Shampoo for Coatings" and figured it`d be hard on my (conventional) LSP. Plus, I`ve always *assumed* (uh-oh!) that the cost would be significant...remember that I`m using >14oz. per wash (through the Foamguns) even when I don`t have to refill the Wash buckets.

Where GG has held the lubricity top shelf forever for me, until my last/recent jugs of the watered down crap. I`m finally down to a 1/3 of the GG stuff on my last bottle and can`t wait to use it up. It`s not even good to use even on a lightly dusted car.
    I`m a) still doing fine with the GG mixed with 3D, but b) in agreement about the new version of the GG being both quite different and utterly inferior to how it used to be, although the lubricity still seems good. Side-by-side comparison of new/old Griot`s = "totally different!", very disappointing coming from Griot`s.

JustJesus sent me some PoorBoy`s shampoo to check out, gotta give it a try one of these days. I was thinking of it as a replacement for my M62 (wheels/wells/undercarriage), but I oughta try it for the rest of the process too.

But as I said, I have *many* gallons of stuff to use up before I have to get serious about finding a possible GG replacement. Not sure how critical it is to find something All That since I`m using so much of the 3D in my mix..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Don`t use it in a foam gun....that would be one costly foam application.
    Well, I guess that answers that! Heh heh, I`m lucky if I can do a wash with only that 14oz., the Tahoe can take a *lot* more.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reset car soap is a high foaming one. The downside is that if you dilute it stronger than the recommended dilution of 1:500 in the foamcannon gun or any ways. It can be degrading the wax and sealants. And for me it`s quite high of a price to use in a foamcannon that I use. Will test sometime to calculate the dilution ratio in the foamcannon bottle and max chemical output on the foamcannon to get the 1:500 on the car. Think it`s 1:25 in my foamcannon bottle and max chemical output on the foamcannon to get the recommended dilution. And foam it on after the prewash and use with the contact wash with Reset. Then see if I get the lubrication and cleaning ability from it this way too that`s I`m satisfied with. In the wash bucket it`s the best car soap I have used so far. Like that it`s don`t leaves anything behind as in protection and glossenhancers and a very high lubrication and cleaning ability from it.

I see some use the Meguiars Hyper Wash as maintance washes in between the washes with Reset. IMO if you have a coating I would only use Reset. Adam`s Car Soap and Optimum Car Wash is others I have seen been used. An underdog that I know fellow members on a domestic detailing forum has imported and likes a lot is Poorboy`s World Super Slick and Suds Concentrated Car Wash. I don`t think it leaves nothing behind as in protection and glossenhancers but says it protects from getting swirls and scratches. But don`t know for sure though. And Autopia has the original version of it but Autogeek has the concentrated version and it`s priced great. Maybe try the smaller bottle and then go up to the gallon of it. Other coating friendly car soap that leaves nothing behind as in protection and glossenhancers is Gtechnic G-Wash and Tac System Mystic Bubble is some options out there but maybe not so much of saveings to be done. Some even claims Gtechnic G-Wash to have a better cleaning ability than Reset but a notch less in the lubrication from it. Tac System Mystic Bubble is like Reset IME but has a higher scent that I personally barely can handle LOL maybe as a industrial blue barrie scent.

https://www.autogeek.net/pbss128.html
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    An underdog that I know fellow members on a domestic detailing forum has imported and likes a lot is Poorboy`s World Super Slick and Suds Concentrated Car Wash...
    IIRC, that`s what JustJesus sent me. Well, not sure whether it`s the "concentrated" or regular...

...[PoorBoy`s].. says it protects from getting swirls and scratches. But don`t know for sure though...
    Heh heh, that claim utterly spikes my Cynicism Meter (And I`m the guy who says that upgrading Shampoos did drastically diminish my wash-induced marring too!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    IIRC, that`s what JustJesus sent me. Well, not sure whether it`s the "concentrated" or regular...

Heh heh, that claim utterly spikes my Cynicism Meter (And I`m the guy who says that upgrading Shampoos did drastically diminish my wash-induced marring too!)
    Hehe I meened if it does leave anything behind or if it where just that it reduce the wash indused defects. Yeah how much can a car soap actually encapsulate dirt? If you have like small sand grains from gravel roads. If you just wet the paint first and may have some of these sand cornes or how to describe it. Is a car soap or WW or RW able to get them encapsulated that fast as you move your wash media over it. Or lift the dirt up from the paint as some brands claims. And you have a lot of more variables than the wash solution you use and if it`s being defects from the wash. Wash media and the different steps you do and the different methods and also the environment your vehicals is driven in and where it`s parked and so on. That in the end all of the things need to be dialed in a way that you don`t get them. A great wash solution is an aid to get there. So I have my Cynisim meter on too LOL. And the claim on any detailing products label if those where true they all would be the greatest product ever made LOL. That`s why for me a forum like this is so valueble. As you can get a kind of knowledge about which product is good to awesome and those that just are not any good when you put in the user experience from a few people that you have gotten a trust from.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh. Maybe I have done the cost per wash breakdown as then I won`t be using reset as much ;- /

Aside from the original annoucement thread, has there been any consensus on 3D Super Soap ?
    3D Super Concentrated Nano Drums

For the wiki, went through a gall. jug of Pink. Wasn`t a fan, but eh, maybe it was my water and my experience with the soap

Post Thanks / Like

I use Pink. It cleans plenty good and is plenty slick for me but I’m open to other shampoos that come in gallons.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

My search ended with WAX SHOP CHERRY SNOW FOAM. I have never seen a soap perform this well in a foam gun. Cleaning and lubricity are excellent also. All I use now. I use lesser soaps for wheel cleaning now.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/wax-...l#.XgAdD25Fxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Since going back to university and only having the coin-op at my disposal, besides my pretreatment (specific pretreatment varies with level of dirt), I`ve switched to rinseless washes. The time savings is quite nice. However, the two soaps that have always stuck out to me are Hyper Wash and Reset. CG Honey Dew Snow Foam, 3D Pink, Meg`s Gold Class, OPT OCWash, Purple Power B&RV, GTech W4, Poorboys Super Slick & Foam, Meg`s Ult Wash & Wax, Gyeon Bathe+, Hyper Wash, and Reset are all traditional soaps that I`ve used. I know that there are still MANY traditional soaps to try, but outside of Reset and Hyper Wash, nothing has been as impressive as rinseless wash...... If I were in the market for traditional soaps, outside of pretreatments, Reset and Hyper Wash would be the only choices, specificially, I`d have both.

Post Thanks / Like

I alternate from reset and Optimum. Optimum a great soap and has a great amount of lubricity. I’ve tried Adam’s as it’s PH neutral and it’s as good but costs more. Hyper wash is another that’s highly recommended and may give that a shot.

Snow foam/foam cannon I like griots surface wash. MTM has their own product they sent me a sample of seems to be good but haven’t used it enough. Both out perform CG honeydew although it’s very foamy.

Money no object I just ordered Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and it seems to be best I’ve tried (not by a huge amount mind you) but requires math, a lot of product( double to triple normal amount of product) and cost me roughly $60 to get from the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information