Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Megs hybrid ceramic wax.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Believe me I`m no Pan fanboy, but my point was why litigation is brought up when he reviews a product and it doesn`t perform well, regardless of why it doesn`t perform well?
    I’m totally with you on that, no doubt.

Was just kind of thinking out loud about my thoughts on torture tests in general lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finick View Post
    ...[the tester says]..he’s using IPA to remove the LSP further, only to remove the surfactants and restore some of the beading..
    I`d be surprised if IPA did much to strip any LSP and/but I`ve been told that it can "refresh" various LSPs that were compromised by something else. Somebody here (oh [snap] forget his username...he`s in the UK) once challenged me to drop a bit of wax into IPA and report back about how it didn`t dissolve/etc. He was 100% confident that IPA wouldn`t hurt it any, saying he`d run that test countless times with the same "no effect" result.

Back to you people who know from/care about coatings...just wanted to mention that.

Post Thanks / Like

Was that PipUK? IPA and wax/sealant removal is just stuck in people`s minds. A true panel wipe is the only chemical stripper that works to remove LSP`s and that could take multiple wipe downs depending on the LSP and how fresh it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Was that PipUK?
    Yeah, that`s it! Good on you for remembering

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody seen Scott from DPC`s newest videos where it appears had has MSDS sheets with no mention of SIO2 listed in the product (for the US version)?

https://youtu.be/lfVMwLQTA_w

https://youtu.be/5snAL30uiAI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Anybody seen Scott from DPC`s newest videos where it appears had has MSDS sheets with no mention of SIO2 listed in the product (for the US version)?

https://youtu.be/lfVMwLQTA_w

https://youtu.be/5snAL30uiAI
    Sensationalist drivel. Is he now the FTC, tasked with policing truth in advertising violations?

Woulda rather he stuck to a video of how the product works (or doesn`t). And doesn`t he sell/market his own product line, one of which is a SiO2 sealant?

If a product works for me, what its chemical makeup is strikes me as irrelevant.
    Likes EKhatch, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Sensationalist drivel. Is he now the FTC, tasked with policing truth in advertising violations?

Woulda rather he stuck to a video of how the product works (or doesn`t). And doesn`t he sell/market his own product line, one of which is a SiO2 sealant?

If a product works for me, what its chemical makeup is strikes me as irrelevant.
    A rep from Megs already stated that he was looking at the wrong sheet anyway and that Megs would respond accordingly. Having a sheet that only reads water should tip you off though since they`re supposed to label anything that may be toxic.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, EKhatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been waiting for better weather to try some out but I agree. If it works for me that I don`t really care. It just struck me as odd that he would even go looking to call a company out like that. I have mixed feelings about him/his reviews of stuff.

I kind of screwed myself by buying a gallon each of some other products I need to burn through before getting even more stuff to try. lol

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this product is aimed more at the casual spray and rinse user. I think the Mothers CMX is a better stand alone product.

I think Scott does make a valid point. If Megs is climing the product is such and such then it should have such and such in it. And he`s also right in that a lot of youtube and other testing methods are flawed.

Post Thanks / Like

New Megs hybrid ceramic wax.

Well I jumped on the “ceramic” band wagon last weekend. I did half my work truck in PB EX that I have been using for 15 years and the other in MHC. The only pros so far is applying the MHC to accessories is so much easier then EX. Used a rag to wipe it on my Ranchand bumpers and steps and it made that powder coating look great. I had a little rain shower yesterday. After it stopped when I hopped on the road the MHC side of my hood was water free at 40mph. The EX side didn’t blow off until 50-55mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, 392hemi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
    Well I jumped on the “ceramic” band wagon last weekend. I did half my work truck in PB EX that I have been using for 15 years and the other in MHC. The only pros so far is applying the MHC to accessories is so much easier then EX. Used a rag to wipe it on my Ranchand bumpers and steps and it made that powder coating look great. I had a little rain shower yesterday. After it stopped when I hopped on the road the MHC side of my hood was water free at 40mph. The EX side didn’t blow off until 50-55mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear, also wow PB EX-P haven`t heard that name in a while! Last used that 11 or 12 years ago! Was a great product, always loved the Poorboys line and especially thier SSR polishes.

Keep us posted on durability.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information