Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Megs hybrid ceramic wax.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Interesting, thanks for finding it. "Up to..." is quite an open ended statement.
    Yeah I know. But what I have talked to PA Sweden that developed Viking Shield it`s not far from that. They have their boosted Master Sealant version too. So think that they where straight with it about the Sio2 and Tio2 content. I copied and paste some information from them with the Sio2 in them. And I see know that they have gone up with Tio2 in the newer version of Cosmic Spritz. I also think you have a lot of the Sio2 wiped up from something like Cosmic Spritz. That it`s much residue that don`t bond enough. Would be interesting to test on a polished and panel preped panel. And apply a little heavier coat of Cosmic Spritz. Then let it sit until it`s a little hard to wipe it off or time it and do it just before. Useing a applicator sponge to apply it too. Carpro Reload they have been starting to recommend to spray on or wipe on a thicker/heavier coat of it. Which claims to have a longer longevity from that application than the useally 1-2 sprays per panel. And with Bead Makers first application method it makes more sense with the use of a covered application and let it to cross linking for some time. Then I think it`s other chemicals in a true coating. That uses chemicals so it bonds harder. And that would not be working with a spray on wipe off coating product. Cause you will be haveing high spots deluxe LOL. Just the Meguiars Hybrid Wax I think we see application problems because they where trying to make it more user friendly for the average Joe. With it`s to thick of getting through a water hydrophilic paint with water standing on it. And still you see youtubers apply it on the half of a car. Then wondering why it`s leaves streaks and high spots LOL. That`s the downside of the whole coating hype I think that the average Joe don`t read the description and apply it like any other wax or sealant product. There where many that had problems before Megs CHW when applying Hydro2 and Wet Coat and Hydro Blue wrong in all kind of ways. So many streaking problems where user errors. And that is hard to reduce with any coating product I think.

SiO2 Innehåll:
    Quartz.MAX 5%
    Moonlight 20 till 25 %
    Sprayduster 10-15 % Titanium Dioxide upp till 12%
    Presto upp till 25% Titanium Dioxide upp till 30%
    Rapidwaxx upp till 30% Titanium Dioxide upp till 30%
    High Gloss 5% Titanium Dioxide upp till 80%
    Cosmic Spritz upp till 35% Titanium Dioxide 5-10 %
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yeah I know. But what I have talked to PA Sweden that developed Viking Shield it`s not far from that. They have their boosted Master Sealant version too. So think that they where straight with it about the Sio2 and Tio2 content. I copied and paste some information from them with the Sio2 in them. And I see know that they have gone up with Tio2 in the newer version of Cosmic Spritz. I also think you have a lot of the Sio2 wiped up from something like Cosmic Spritz. That it`s much residue that don`t bond enough. Would be interesting to test on a polished and panel preped panel. And apply a little heavier coat of Cosmic Spritz. Then let it sit until it`s a little hard to wipe it off or time it and do it just before. Useing a applicator sponge to apply it too. Carpro Reload they have been starting to recommend to spray on or wipe on a thicker/heavier coat of it. Which claims to have a longer longevity from that application than the useally 1-2 sprays per panel. And with Bead Makers first application method it makes more sense with the use of a covered application and let it to cross linking for some time. Then I think it`s other chemicals in a true coating. That uses chemicals so it bonds harder. And that would not be working with a spray on wipe off coating product. Cause you will be haveing high spots deluxe LOL. Just the Meguiars Hybrid Wax I think we see application problems because they where trying to make it more user friendly for the average Joe. With it`s to thick of getting through a water hydrophilic paint with water standing on it. And still you see youtubers apply it on the half of a car. Then wondering why it`s leaves streaks and high spots LOL. That`s the downside of the whole coating hype I think that the average Joe don`t read the description and apply it like any other wax or sealant product. There where many that had problems before Megs CHW when applying Hydro2 and Wet Coat and Hydro Blue wrong in all kind of ways. So many streaking problems where user errors. And that is hard to reduce with any coating product I think.

SiO2 Innehåll:
    Quartz.MAX 5%
    Moonlight 20 till 25 %
    Sprayduster 10-15 % Titanium Dioxide upp till 12%
    Presto upp till 25% Titanium Dioxide upp till 30%
    Rapidwaxx upp till 30% Titanium Dioxide upp till 30%
    High Gloss 5% Titanium Dioxide upp till 80%
    Cosmic Spritz upp till 35% Titanium Dioxide 5-10 %
    Wow up to 80% tio2 in high gloss. Anyone know if that much more shine than cosmic spritz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just received my spray bottle ordered from Amazon for $14.00 with two day free shipping. Submitting digital $5 rebate request is a real PITA as they want a picture of your receipt :-(
    Looking forward to using this spray on rinse off product. Have been using Griot`s Spray-on Wax as a rinse off product with mixed results; it tends to streak if not dried off with a microfiber towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a torture test posted online today comparing this Megs product with bead maker and Adam`s new spray coating

https://youtu.be/wQZgl8CR6o0
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Saw a torture test posted online today comparing this Megs product with bead maker and Adam`s new spray coating

https://youtu.be/wQZgl8CR6o0
    I wonder if there were any surfactants left over from the APC that inhibited beading/sheeting of his tested product?. If not that was a bad showing for the Adams Spray Coating. If he would have washed them with Reset would some beading reappeared? Chemical resistance is normally where coatings stand out.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a bottle of the hybrid wax from Amazon, it will be here Monday.

I am excited to try this after being let down by beadmaker

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I wonder if there were any surfactants left over from the APC that inhibited beading/sheeting of his tested product?. If not that was a bad showing for the Adams Spray Coating. If he would have washed them with Reset would some beading reappeared? Chemical resistance is normally where coatings stand out.
    I agree I was surprised by the test. I do wonder how results would be after a wash with Reset? I also think they should use a separate cloth to wipe each area. In case a certain product is removed and moved around to another test area.

Post Thanks / Like

Even with the hype, it appears bead maker gives insane gloss. Some of the highest. Perhaps should be called Glossmaker. Would be a great product to use before a car show.

Post Thanks / Like

I would bet that all 3 where coming back if used a wash with carpro reset or another coating friendly car soap. And what I have heard from some is that the Megs D101 is one that mask the water behavior a lot. Is very hard to be rinsed off too and even with a PW. And needs some kind of aggitations to be cleaned off the paint.

And one more thing I don`t like with these torture test. Is to use a chemical product that the LSP is not claimed to be holding up to. And both Megs products here is very high ph levels. Which are known to be harsh on the coating and all other LSP. Would be interesting to see how many washes it stands up to and use a TFR prewash that don`t get over ph11 when diluted and a tar remover and iron remover. With some washes in between the chemical products. So you can see if they holds up to the claims from the manufactures. The test here in Pans video even with wash in between you would only get proved that it don`t holds up to the high alkaline products. Which is what they don`t do. On full blow coatings it`s ph11-ph13 they resist up to and not above it. So these tests I don`t read into so much of the resistant to chemicals or longevity. And to add it`s not just the ph level that is hard to LSP. It`s the chemical they have in it that is what some LSP can not stand up to. For an example Citrol 266 which is known for being harsh on LSP has a ph level of 9-10. And many solvents is ph neutral and can wear on some LSP very much.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Tony. These “torture” tests are not worth doing. Pan (if he has any integrity) should delete his video. He didn’t think that one through at all. Normally if it is one on Pan’s videos I will skip it anyway. He is one of the least reliable sources for detailing information out there.

Someone on AG pointed out my point about washing after using an APC to see if there was a difference and Pan replied “good point”. When I do a test I try to make sure what I am doing makes sense. If Adams Spray Coating in fact did not hold up to that “abuse” then it is not a very good coating. If I was Adams I would think about some sort of litigation to have Pan remove the video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t thing these torture test show real life degradation. Don’t mean much to meBut slamming him like that ain’t fair. Jimbo does them, I believe even loach does. Their just performing tests that some people might want to see. These are their opinions and practices. Jimbo in his same test only used water and MF to clean. Some if not a lot of pans, jimbo and loaches videos are informative and taught me a lot. I’m not a fan of Obsessed garage. A lot of people appreciate his commentary and videos. Not for me at all But I’m not gonna watch his videos just to slam him.... I’m just not gonna tune in. Everybody has a right to their opinions about people who put out commentary in public forums. They have just as much right to put them out even if we don’t agree.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Tony. These “torture” tests are not worth doing. Pan (if he has any integrity) should delete his video. He didn’t think that one through at all. Normally if it is one on Pan’s videos I will skip it anyway. He is one of the least reliable sources for detailing information out there.

Someone on AG pointed out my point about washing after using an APC to see if there was a difference and Pan replied “good point”. When I do a test I try to make sure what I am doing makes sense. If Adams Spray Coating in fact did not hold up to that “abuse” then it is not a very good coating. If I was Adams I would think about some sort of litigation to have Pan remove the video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Why should Pan remove the video just because a product didn`t perform well? It looks like he treated all three products the same way in the video so not sure what the problem is here. What reason would Adam`s have to consider litigation against Pan exactly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Why should Pan remove the video just because a product didn`t perform well? It looks like he treated all three products the same way in the video so not sure what the problem is here. What reason would Adam`s have to consider litigation against Pan exactly?
    To be fair there’s no way of knowing whether or not the product actually performed well or not.

Pans video wasn’t nearly methodical enough to be taken seriously. Even a pro grade coating can have its water behavior severely impacted by a product that leaves surfactants behind.

I honestly expected more attention to detail in his torture test video. But a lot of those types of videos are the same.

Apex Detail neglects to cleanse surfactants off the surface as well to truly assess performance. You can see it happen in a few of his sealant videos - he’ll hit the panel with some degreasers and then claim he’s using IPA to remove the LSP further, only to remove the surfactants and restore some of the beading.

I think Waxmode is the only channel who actively mentions surfactants potentially clogging the paint, everyone else just ignores it.

I think legal action is a bit of a stretch for sure, but it’s definitely not a video I would be proud of.

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finick View Post
    To be fair there’s no way of knowing whether or not the product actually performed well or not.

Pans video wasn’t nearly methodical enough to be taken seriously. Even a pro grade coating can have its water behavior severely impacted by a product that leaves surfactants behind.

I honestly expected more attention to detail in his torture test video. But a lot of those types of videos are the same.

Apex Detail neglects to cleanse surfactants off the surface as well to truly assess performance. You can see it happen in a few of his sealant videos - he’ll hit the panel with some degreasers and then claim he’s using IPA to remove the LSP further, only to remove the surfactants and restore some of the beading.

I think Waxmode is the only channel who actively mentions surfactants potentially clogging the paint, everyone else just ignores it.

I think legal action is a bit of a stretch for sure, but it’s definitely not a video I would be proud of.

Believe me I`m no Pan fanboy, but my point was why litigation is brought up when he reviews a product and it doesn`t perform well, regardless of why it doesn`t perform well?
    Likes finick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am about to test this product (hybrid wax) in the middle of a Chicago winter. I feel that this will be a much better real world test in worst case conditions than any APC test would be.

I have been using P&S bead maker during the 1st half of this winter and not impressed at all with the protection and durability. The gloss and slickness right after application are great though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Likes MattPersman liked this post

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information