Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mothers CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    I trust our chemists to make a coating that won’t clog the spray head. You have to trust as technology changes, products will be improved to do what wasn’t possible prior.
    Forrest,

Take my money!
    I am ready to order a case and give every frd of mine a bottle!
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like a great product, spray and wipe . Cant get any easier then that.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of sceptisism floating around here. It truly is a coating, not something you spray on and hose away. We have a test vehicle with a half coated hood that’s subjected to beach conditions 3 hours a day, then a drive through brush wash. Every day. Since May 1.

And the coating is still going strong, after180+ harsh washes and 500 + hours of salt spray.

We haven’t tried it on interior surfaces. I suspect the formula will need to change to be effective on glass or interior surfaces.

I trust our chemists to make a coating that won’t clog the spray head. You have to trust as technology changes, products will be improved to do what wasn’t possible prior.
    I’m always worried about the spray heads. When air hits most coatings they start to harden as that is what they are supposed to do. This will be the first SiO2 spray that will be on a Walmart shelf. Bubba will bring this stuff back if the spray head doesn’t work.

”180+ washes and still going strong” has got me very interested and wondering what kind of pixie dust is in that bottle. Reminds me of the “365 day” stuff from the 80’s.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of sceptisism floating around here. It truly is a coating, not something you spray on and hose away. We have a test vehicle with a half coated hood that’s subjected to beach conditions 3 hours a day, then a drive through brush wash. Every day. Since May 1.

And the coating is still going strong, after180+ harsh washes and 500 + hours of salt spray.

We haven’t tried it on interior surfaces. I suspect the formula will need to change to be effective on glass or interior surfaces.

So this will last through a mechanical automatic car wash ? I have a Broadway soft cloth I use and it will take lsp away at the rear part behind the tires first from the spinning of it. And with only 1-2 car washes.

You got a customer for life if this will hold up to that like you said 180 washes.

It looks like an auto parts store near me can possibly order it

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Seems as if the line between coatings and coating-like products continues to blur. At first, things like Reload, Gtechniq C2V3 and such were (IMO) always looked at as `coating maintenance` products, now they are being pushed as stand-alone sealants as well. Sometimes referred to as `SiO2 enhanced sealants`, but sealants nonetheless, which kinda implies LSP use.

Perhaps HydroSilex began the trend towards spray `ceramic coatings` as I seem to remember the initial release mentioning that. Now the spray on, rinse off products are beginning to refer to themselves as `coatings` (McKee`s 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating) so it gets even more confusing. So what is a `true` coating anymore? Dependent on % of coating elements contained in a product? I dunno but I`d sure be a little upset if I went to a pro for a coating application and ended up with him/her using something like Hydro Blue or Gyeon Wetcoat...unless the price for the installation of that coating was < $50 and it was noted as a 6-month coating, which is likely even stretching it.
    It`s kinda arbitrary but I define a coating as any LSP that requires a prepped surface to be applied. Meaning once it`s cured it`ll reject additional layers and at end of life you need to polish before you put another layer down. Every sealant I can think of you can slap on an additional layer whenever you want and it`ll stick. So I lump all the Si02 sprays into the sealant category.

Now just because something doesn`t fit my definition doesn`t mean I won`t use it. If it protects like fk1000p and lasts a year on the cheap you can call it sprayable clear coat for all I care.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s insane!

Some manufacturers claim one year durability because it resists 52 washes (one per week). Based on that formula the CMX has lasted the equivalent of 3.5+ years!

I`d be putting it in tiny bottles and selling each for a fortune, like everyone else.
    Likes tom p., PPLd, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Incredibly hard to imagine this as hard fact but incredibly hopeful Mothers has had a small leap in technology to create such an affordable product.

Will this test be published?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

3hrs a day relaxing at the beach?

Bring that stuff up North and run it 400 miles a week on 4 of the worst freeways we have to offer; salt, chemical de-icer, brine, construction run-off falling from overpasses (despite the "Clean Water Falling" signs), dust, oil from road resurfacing, morons chucking cigarette butts and leftover coffee out of their windows.

Mfgs need to start testing these things in places like Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland during the winter if they want worse-case scenario, real-world conditions. Until then, I`ll continue to take mfg expectations and dividing by 2 to get anywhere near actual lifespan.
    Likes Older, Oneheadlite, trashmanssd, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    3hrs a day relaxing at the beach?

Bring that stuff up North and run it 400 miles a week on 4 of the worst freeways we have to offer; salt, chemical de-icer, brine, construction run-off falling from overpasses (despite the "Clean Water Falling" signs), dust, oil from road resurfacing, morons chucking cigarette butts and leftover coffee out of their windows.

Mfgs need to start testing these things in places like Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland during the winter if they want worse-case scenario, real-world conditions. Until then, I`ll continue to take mfg expectations and dividing by 2 to get anywhere near actual lifespan.
    I like to believe Collinite is in-part so durable due to its location and probable testing in the upstate NY region.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Never Enuff, PaVaSteeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Im with Mothers , if Forrest says that it will last a very long time [a year ] then i think it will last - depending on how its washed.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked all over the internet and couldn`t find any more real information on Mother`s CMX (not even on their website) about prep recommendations - could/should it be applied over another LSP type product or to a bare surface ETC., application tips/tricks, aftercare info or even when it would be available.

Makes me crazy(er) because if it`s all it claims to be, I`ll forgo getting the Meg`s HCW and go straight to the Mother`s CMX.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I looked all over the internet and couldn`t find any more real information on Mother`s CMX (not even on their website) about prep recommendations - could/should it be applied over another LSP type product or to a bare surface ETC., application tips/tricks, aftercare info or even when it would be available.

Makes me crazy(er) because if it`s all it claims to be, I`ll forgo getting the Meg`s HCW and go straight to the Mother`s CMX.
    According to this:
    CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING - New for 2019! - Wax Forum

It should be available between December 15 and early February depending where you are. I hope it comes to Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

This has a little info: Mothers CMXâ„¢ Ceramic Spray Coating

CMX Ceramic Spray Coating

Introducing Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating, an affordable, user-friendly, professional grade, ultra-durable, super-hydrophobic protection formula. Just spray on and wipe off, with this game-changing SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide) and TiO2 (Titanium Dioxide) blend. This powerhouse combo provides ultra long-term protection from the elements and relentless water beading, without sacrificing true optical clarity, extreme depth and that signature ceramic glass-like liquidy-gloss appearance. Use as a stand-alone product, or as a booster over your existing sealant or ceramic coating. Washing and caring for your vehicle has never been easier.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1607480

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1607575
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Mother’s has a Forum too. I think is called Wax Forum. Very little info there, but I think it has all been covered except for actual reviews.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information