Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mothers CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

No regrets here either. It was fun. But I`ve gone back to what I used to like 18 months ago and find it`s better (and easier to apply) than all this new stuff I`ve been sourcing.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh..."sticking with what you know works for you"...some of you guys are starting to sound awfully sensible
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh..."sticking with what you know works for you"...some of you guys are starting to sound awfully sensible
    Easy to say but I`m finding it hard to follow my own advice. Sometimes, "I just gotsta know..." for myself.

Gotsa know...https://youtu.be/ETN9eNOA6vw

Post Thanks / Like

For me, I find it`s even worse when I start running low on a product. I know I could easily just pick up more of what I was using, but there are SO many other shiney objects to distract me. I really get bit by the, "what have I been missing" bug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    No regrets here either. It was fun. But I`ve gone back to what I used to like 18 months ago and find it`s better (and easier to apply) than all this new stuff I`ve been sourcing.
    What’s your old fave, if I may ask?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Anyone wants to give it a try, I`ve got a bottle I used to test on a hood, don`t imagine I`ll use it again so if you`re in the continental US and you wanna try it, lemme know and I`ll ship it to you, gratis, no-charge, free.
    Thany you budgetplan, I received it today. Even though tracking said it was delivered yesterday. The mail lady delivered it to someone else. I called the usps yesterday since it didn`t get dropped here. They said after looking into it that it got delivered to the wrong house. They then said that they would get it to me tomorrow. I had my doubts I would ever see it, but they did get it to me today. It`s crazy a package can get delivered on a different street.

Thanks again, can`t wait to try it out. It won`t be tomorrow though. A blizzard is in the forecast .
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Thany you budgetplan, I received it today. Even though tracking said it was delivered yesterday. The mail lady delivered it to someone else. I called the usps yesterday since it didn`t get dropped here. They said after looking into it that it got delivered to the wrong house. They then said that they would get it to me tomorrow. I had my doubts I would ever see it, but they did get it to me today. It`s crazy a package can get delivered on a different street.

Thanks again, can`t wait to try it out. It won`t be tomorrow though. A blizzard is in the forecast .
    All`s well that ends well! Enjoy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    What’s your old fave, if I may ask?
    For a coating (Lite) I really like IGL Premier. It`s so easy, you can`t streak it or get high spots if you follow directions. The VOC free thing is cool too. My hat is off to Budget Man for sending me a sample last year.
    For a Coating maintenance, I like 22PLE VS1 Final Coat. Beads like a madman. It applies very slick. I see it as a poor man`s Kamikaze OverCoat. The BF SIO2 is good, simple to use, lasts several months for me and never streaks. WG SIO2 is very good, but it applies way too grabby for me. I feel like I am going to marr the paint when I wipe it in.

All that said I`ll use IGL Premier and use 22ple VS1 FC after every 2-3 washes. These are both bubba-proof and fast to apply.
    Everyone`s mileage may vary and my opinions are worth exactly nothing.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to post an update. When I applied CMX, I did so after washing with Duragloss rinseless wash. Because I was doing two things at the same time, and in a hurry, I forgot to do a ISO wipedown after the wash. I wasn`t sure if this would affect the CMX but it doesn`t seem to have any serious affect. The coating still beads nice and tight.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be using CMX soon. Wondering if others didn`t use IPA wipedown or cleaner after polishing and what were you results. I want to avoid this step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    For a coating (Lite) I really like IGL Premier. It`s so easy, you can`t streak it or get high spots if you follow directions. The VOC free thing is cool too. My hat is off to Budget Man for sending me a sample last year.
    For a Coating maintenance, I like 22PLE VS1 Final Coat. Beads like a madman. It applies very slick. I see it as a poor man`s Kamikaze OverCoat. The BF SIO2 is good, simple to use, lasts several months for me and never streaks. WG SIO2 is very good, but it applies way too grabby for me. I feel like I am going to marr the paint when I wipe it in.

All that said I`ll use IGL Premier and use 22ple VS1 FC after every 2-3 washes. These are both bubba-proof and fast to apply.
    Everyone`s mileage may vary and my opinions are worth exactly nothing.
    Very nice. I’m waiting for the right time to get IGL i.e. right before I have a plan to use it. I usually hoard detailing products like crazy but I’m afraid to hold on to too many pricey coating lites or maintenance sprays due to fear of expiring product. I already have quite a few. 22PLE is one which I will try this spring. I have BF SiO2 and it’s pleasant to use and looks nice.

I also have Pinnacle SiO2, I’ll pay attention when I try it whether it’s grabby like Wolfgang.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I will be using CMX soon. Wondering if others didn`t use IPA wipedown or cleaner after polishing and what were you results. I want to avoid this step.
    I did, try without and see how it does. Even with IPA wipe, mine is doing meh after 30 days. Check the reviews section on autogeek, I`m running a long term test against PNS.

Was amazing for first rainfall or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Video is short, but I think shows CMX`s water behavior. CMX was laid over Essence, results are pretty nice. I am currently running a four way test on my trunk. Essence is the base coat and FK1000P, Meg`s UFF, DPC Armor, and CMX are competing.

Likes wannafbody, 392hemi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

TheMeanGreen- Ah, glad you`re doing that comparison, oughta be interesting. I realize that others don`t always get the same results with the FK that I do, we`ll see how it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to revive this a little. I was at Pep Boys yesterday. They had this on
    sale for $13.00. I applied it 2 different ways. First time, I sprayed directly on the car and wiped away. I used 2 microfiber cloths. Today I tried something different. I used my small square applicator that I had from another coating. I did two sprays on the applicator and applied it to the car in small sections. I then wiped away with a plush microfiber towel. I found that method to be better.
    The durability is up in the air. But I couldn’t be happier with it. It was easy, inexpensive, and it looks fantastic on my car.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information