Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Mothers CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think I need to revisit my purchasing workflow. Currently it seems to be:

"See shiny, new product, buy shiny new product, find vehicle to use it on"

Perhaps switch it up a bit to be:

"Find vehicle to use it on, buy appropriate product"

Not sure even that would help...
    Just remember, "need" is a four letter word!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’m not going to call CMX a coating or coating lite. I used CMX on bare paint and was disappointed (durability) after less than a month (still good for a topper). It would (probably) be best used over a true coating. Try it over FK1000p and see if it bonds. I haven’t heard of anyone trying CMX over a sealant, I don’t know what would happen. Until it’s tried no one truly knows what is going to occur. The new Meguires ceramic product is used over waxes and sealants, different product I know but similar chemical makeup.
    I used it on top of Blackfire Crystal Seal on a new vehicle after polishing it.
    I like it and I feel it does what it claims.
    As far as durability, I cannot speak. I’ve applied 4 coats within the last 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, 340mopars, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, so is `want`.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris03tl View Post
    Just remember, "need" is a four letter word!
    Likes Coatings=crack, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

heloguy- Hey, that`s an interesting combo, and you`re sure getting some great beading out of it.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    You `da man Budget!
    Loving my IGL Premier you tossed my way.
    Yeah he just shipped my some overcoat. If we all ever come together for some reason.... Budgets gonna be passed out from all the drinks he gonna get. 1st rounds on me....

Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    heloguy- Hey, that`s an interesting combo, and you`re sure getting some great beading out of it.
    Yeah, I’m quite pleased. Today I added a layer of Ech2o since I had a little road salt dust accumulation. It looks fantastic. I’ve been pretty lucky with products and combos.
    Beginners luck, I guess.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I used CMX today on my Ruby Red F150. Pretty easy to use. Goes on a bit thicker and uses more than Z8. One thing I did notice is some streaking on the matte black finish around the windows. Not sure if it`s permanent or will go away over time.

After sitting overnight and a rainstorm, the matte black streaking is mostly gone. Not 100% perfect but pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I used CMX today.... One thing I did notice is some streaking on the matte black finish around the windows. Not sure if it`s permanent or will go away over time.

After sitting overnight and a rainstorm, the matte black streaking is mostly gone. Not 100% perfect but pretty close.
    Thanks for the warning, that was definitely worth posting IMO! I woulda been soooo [ticked] off..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I used CMX today on my Ruby Red F150. Pretty easy to use. Goes on a bit thicker and uses more than Z8. One thing I did notice is some streaking on the matte black finish around the windows. Not sure if it`s permanent or will go away over time.

I noticed I use a lot too. It`s almost like the paint is drinking it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Apex Detail on YT just released his testing of CMX vs DPC ARMOR vs Megs HCW. DPC ARMOR came in #1, Megs HCW #2, Mothers CMX #3. Of course those were HIS results.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like there is another player at the consumer level now.

Doesn`t say ceramic on the bottle but on their site they say ceramic like properties.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

The TW Ice sealant is a decent consumer level sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I`m going backwards. I`ve tried so much in the last 18 months I am now tossing some remnant bottles and going with the tried and true products I know provide what I want.
    I`ll be buying the products that I know work for me, when on sale, and save some money.
    I`ve been looking for the next great product that is better than what`s been working, and haven`t found it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think I need to revisit my purchasing workflow. Currently it seems to be:

"See shiny, new product, buy shiny new product, find vehicle to use it on"

Perhaps switch it up a bit to be:

"Find vehicle to use it on, buy appropriate product"

Not sure even that would help...
    Likes BudgetPlan1, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I`m going backwards. I`ve tried so much in the last 18 months I am now tossing some remnant bottles and going with the tried and true products I know provide what I want.
    I`ll be buying the products that I know work for me, when on sale, and save some money.
    I`ve been looking for the next great product that is better than what`s been working, and haven`t found it.
    They mostly do the same thing don’t they? Some smell better, some last a little longer, some are different colors but most of this stuff is so darn close it’s just preference on whatever you choose at a certain point

Likes glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think we`ve all kinda realized that `Chasing Unicorns` turns out to be pointless 90% of the time but when you do run across something nice that other 10% of the time, it`s a real hoot. Fiscally irresponsible to chase things (sometimes somewhat $$ things) when you know that 9 outta 10 times it won`t be a keeper but the allure is still there. I just had 4 bottles of Kamikaze Car Shampoo sent over from the UK just to see if `product synergy` has continued merit within that Collection. Stupid, yes; fun, you bet!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    They mostly do the same thing don’t they? Some smell better, some last a little longer, some are different colors but most of this stuff is so darn close it’s just preference on whatever you choose at a certain point

As mentioned above, I think it`s that prospect of hitting the very occasional game changer that keeps ya in the hunt, so to speak. And it`s fun in some sick, twisted way for me. But it is getting tiresome as there aren`t any real game changers that I`ve seen recently. New things I`ve tried in the past few months:

1. HD One: It`s OK but doesn`t really give me anything I can`t get with stuff I`m already familiar with. "But you need only 1 bottle for multiple steps, control cut by pad choice!" - Eh, I can somewhat control cut via pad choice with many other products as well. As for 1 bottle/product instead of 2...well, that`s not such a big deal to me which bottle I pick up from table when polishing. Stuff is kinda oily as well. It`s nice, but aside from perhaps saving shelf space, the advantages aren`t really all that clear to me. And the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind when I pick it up.

2. Megs M210: Ok, it`s new but seems to cut slightly less than M205 did but when I want a SMAT, M205 was nice enough as was HD Polish which has a bit less cut but finishes nicely and is nice to use.

3. Gtechniq C4 Trim Coating/Restorer: This is nice, mostly because you can get in 15ml bottles, generally enough for 1 car. Seems to go on a little better than Gyeon Trim and if it holds pout longevity wise, it`ll be a winner for me.

4. Gtechniq G1/G2 Glass Coating: As above, the 15ml size is nice for doing 1 vehicle and performance seems among the best I`ve used. Again, long-term performance will be the key.

5. CarPro Eraser: Have used a lot of panel wipes (Gyeon, Gtechniq, Feynlab, Wolfgang, Nanolex) but something about Eraser is just enjoyable to me. Also, when wiping down vehicles with Eraser, first time I ever heard people say "Wow, that smells nice...what is it?"

So, while there were no revolutionary, "Nothing else does this" products in all of the recent stuff I tried, I did pick up a few items that I think I will use going forward. Does that mean I can do more or better with these new things? Not likely, as what I was using before was functional, but these things are possibly gonna make things a bit quicker and more pleasurable in the overall process.

As for Beadmaker and Mothers CMX, those were things I didn`t expect to use long term (or even more than once) but hadda to give them a go to see how they worked `for me`. Can`t really comment on stuff unless you actually try it so those were necessary just to have the experience.

No regrets, curiosity has it`s price but certainly not a practical way to go about it.

Sorry for the tangent, OP...back to the topic at hand!
    Likes glfnaz, SWETM, MattPersman, VitreousHumor liked this post

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information