Post Thanks / Like

Looking for updates on ammonyc

I did a search which showed some older threads.

I`m looking for information on ammo nyc. What do you guys who have actually used his products think of them? How do they compare to more mainstream brands?

Just curious as I`m thinking of making a switch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for updates on ammonyc

This can be a very subjective topic.

Ive really only used Ammo Mud (tire gel) and Ammo Frothe which is his foaming waterless wash product you use with a aerated foamer (IK pump foamer). it is a nice product but to be honest for me I still mostly reach for ONR but there are some who will swear by Frothe. It is expensive for a 16oz concentrate at $35 compared to a product like Optimum No Rinse(ONR) which is $40 for a gallon and can be used as a rinseless, waterless, clay lube or QD. Even Ammo Mud is expensive at $18 for 16oz vs. Optimum Opti Bond tire gel 32oz for $16. For the huge price difference I can`t really see a huge difference between the two products to justify spending more money on Ammo Mud over Opti-bond.

It just depends what your needs are. I think companies like Optimum, Meguiars, and Griots Garage make great products at a much more affordable price but that`s just my opinion.

If you are working on your own cars (not a business) and want the boutique products and like Larry, his youtube videos (I do enjoy watching them) and want to support his business then nothing should stop you from making a purchase to try some of his products out. There are quite a lot of youtube videos of reviews on Ammo products as well. Again thought if its a question of cost you can find comparable options and sometimes better options for less.

Out of curiosity what brand of products do you currently use? What are you not happy about with them?
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m using drive auto appearance right now. I`m not unhappy just thinking about switching to help another American business out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by formernuke View Post
    I`m using drive auto appearance right now. I`m not unhappy just thinking about switching to help another American business out.

I don’t know about AmmoNYC, but many small sellers are relabeling products they buy in bulk overseas. So you may not be supporting an American business as much as you would like.
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I don’t know about AmmoNYC, but many small sellers are relabeling products they buy in bulk overseas. So you may not be supporting an American business as much as you would like.
    I think Larry is a little different in this regard. He has posted videos where he is at a chemical lab or blenders creating his own products or formulas. They all are going to have some chemical similarity, but I do think he differentiates based on what is important to him.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Thread Information