Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Werkstat Completely Gone?

Some of you remember Jeff`s Werkstatt, which then just became Werkstat, and then I thought they changed to Carlack USA or something...well I can`t find them at all now. Anybody know?

EDIT: I guess we kind of went through this last year...https://www.autopia.org/forums/forum...light=Werkstat

And here`s the archive version of that thread that won`t work in regular mode: https://www.autopia.org/forums/archi...p/t-46473.html

So it seems neither the werkstat site nor the Carlack US site are up...I did send an email to the address from the last time I ordered (2014) and it didn`t bounce back, so we`ll see if I get an answer.

In the meantime if anyone knows anything please post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Werkstat Completely Gone?

I looked a couple years ago and could find no evidence that they were still selling. I`ve got a couple bottles in the basement if you want them, Setec. You pay shipping and I`ll send it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tom, but I was really just trying to keep tabs on things, rather than actually needing any product...probably the last thing I need is more product, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, and I certainly understand about having way too much stuff.

Domain is for sale now: http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/

Post Thanks / Like

He hadn`t used that one for a long time, went from that to werkstat to carlack something or other.

But you inspired me to look up the werkstat domain and it sure doesn`t look like it belongs to Jeff anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the Werkstat stuff. I loved prime and prime strong. They had replace the Klasse AIO. Since they are gone I went back to KAIO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I miss the Werkstat stuff. I loved prime and prime strong. They had replace the Klasse AIO. Since they are gone I went back to KAIO.
    Yeah, later on he was selling the stuff in the Carlack packaging, which meant some of the "custom" stuff like Strong was no longer available. In that archive thread Phil at DD said he had been trying to get the product (not sure if he was referring to Werkstat or Carlack) in the store for a long time, with no success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Troy:
    Speaking of Klasse All-In-One (KAIO), where and/or what do you use this car-care product for in your detailing process(es)?

I bought some on my last order of car-care chemicals because I could not decide on which AIO to buy, and since this was (meaning, past tense!) a "forum favorite" sometime ago, I thought I would try it. I use it on engine compartment paint and door jams, and interior painted or satin/matte-finish trim and it works pretty good for that. Only misgiving is the price of the product and that the stock that was sent me was manufactured in May 2013!! Apparently it is not in demand as it used to be.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- I wouldn`t worry about the age of the KAIO. My oldest jug is well over 20 years old and to look at it you`d swear it had gone bad (lumpy, with black [stuff], really awful looking) but it works 100% fine.

I use it when I want a (functionally) non-abrasive paint/metal/plastic cleaner, primarily as a base for KSG (I generally reach for other stuff to use under FK1000P, but that`s just me). Also a great base for 845, including for exterior plastics and even some rubber items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lonnie- I wouldn`t worry about the age of the KAIO. My oldest jug is well over 20 years old and to look at it you`d swear it had gone bad (lumpy, with black [stuff], really awful looking) but it works 100% fine.

I use it when I want a (functionally) non-abrasive paint/metal/plastic cleaner, primarily as a base for KSG (I generally reach for other stuff to use under FK1000P, but that`s just me). Also a great base for 845, including for exterior plastics and even some rubber items.
    Thanks Accumulator:
    Good to know. NEVER thought about using it on exterior plastic.

I do use KAIO on rims, since MOST of them are clear coated, and it is a chemical cleaner AIO, especially for minor tar dots that get on rims. I follow up with 845 on some of the rims, depending on the time I have and the condition of the rims, since most of the details I do are for family or friends daily driver vehicles.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Troy:
    Speaking of Klasse All-In-One (KAIO), where and/or what do you use this car-care product for in your detailing process(es)?

I bought some on my last order of car-care chemicals because I could not decide on which AIO to buy, and since this was (meaning, past tense!) a "forum favorite" sometime ago, I thought I would try it. I use it on engine compartment paint and door jams, and interior painted or satin/matte-finish trim and it works pretty good for that. Only misgiving is the price of the product and that the stock that was sent me was manufactured in May 2013!! Apparently it is not in demand as it used to be.

Personally I use KAIO on some door jambs, smooth exterior plastic trim, exhaust tips, interior glass.

I really like it on interior glass once a year to remove any film that builds up.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love KAIO on anything external except tires. It`s my favorite bug and tar remover. Also great for baked on brake dust. Awesome on oxidized paint, especially trim like wiper arms. I`d be sad if it wasn`t available anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It`s my favorite bug and tar remover..
    Huh, I wouldn`t use it for that unless things were really bad, if only because I`d have to reLSP (which I can generally avoid). But OK, I gather most people redo in a pretty big way after most tar cleanups anyhow.

Also great for baked on brake dust. Awesome on oxidized paint, especially trim like wiper arms...
    Hmmm..it only works for me on such stuff when the problem isn`t very severe. I generally wish it were far more potent. Eh, guess I`m just spoiled by the Chemical Cleaners from back in the day, which were absolute murder on oxidation (and/but would "bleach" some paints if you weren`t careful). (off-topic Q: do we even deal with oxidation much these days? I haven`t really had to deal with that since forever, never more than just an occasional new-to-me-vehicle`s initial cleanup.)

But OTOH, it *is* often sufficient for my annual wheel cleanups during seasonal change-overs since I`m seldom dealing with anything very bad. Wouldn`t want to use it for wheels that hadn`t had their backsides cleaned for months though.

I`d be sad if it wasn`t available anymore.
    Same here, IMO it belongs on every Detailer`s shelf. Incredibly user-friendly as long as you 1) remember to use a damp applicator, 2) don`t use too much (sound familiar? ), and 3) don`t overwork it in a big way.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure there are some better tar cleaners but KAIO works almost as good as a real solvent. And it leaves behind a hint of protection.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thanks Accumulator:
    Good to know. NEVER thought about using it on exterior plastic...
    Just remembered...you might not want to let it flash/dry when using it on stuff like that, and especially not on Rubber or textured surfaces. Buff it dry while still a little wet as the dried residue that`s so easily buffed off paint can be a PIA to buff off those surfaces.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information