Re: CarPro EliXir - Merlin has made it to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    A couple of brochure pics

Hope you are getting some royalties lol
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    2 oz ECH2O, 2 oz SiO2 product (feel free to pick one of the many) 20 oz distilled water. You can adjust the mixture but this works fine.
    Hey rlmccarty, mind if I ask which Si02 product you’re using?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Hey rlmccarty, mind if I ask which Si02 product you’re using?
    No problem. I have been testing just about everyone I can get my hands on and my current and long time favorite is TacSystems Quartzmax. We know CarPro bought their original chemicals from TacSystems and many have said Quartzmax is the same as the original Reload that people loved. I may switch based on testing to IGL Ecocoat Premier for a longer lasting product. The shine/gloss is the same for both.

I didn’t bother to test Reload. Their quality control problems with Reload are famous. Reload is the only product I have ever asked for and gotten a refund for. CarPro makes some good products and the latest Reload may be ok, but fool me once...
    Likes Ronkh, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. I have been testing just about everyone I can get my hands on and my current and long time favorite is TacSystems Quartzmax. We know CarPro bought their original chemicals from TacSystems and many have said Quartzmax is the same as the original Reload that people loved. I may switch based on testing to IGL Ecocoat Premier for a longer lasting product. The shine/gloss is the same for both.

I didn’t bother to test Reload. Their quality control problems with Reload are famous. Reload is the only product I have ever asked for and gotten a refund for. CarPro makes some good products and the latest Reload may be ok, but fool me once...
    I`m using the v2 reload in my mixture and its been working fine. I think due to the dilution of course. No streaking or application issues.

I`ve been very interested to try tacSysytems products but I have to wait to finish what I have on hand before buy more stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

did they talk to you at all before this, Merlin?

Post Thanks / Like

Tac systems or Gyeon Cure
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Tac systems or Gyeon Cure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someidiot View Post
    did they talk to you at all before this, Merlin?
    Yes, I did beta testing.
    However, giving “credits” was very kind and unexpected.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    sorry im late to the party but is this the mix of reload and Ech2o and distilled water?

Obsessed Garage just posted this video and Corey mentions the mix from Elixir contains hydro2 in it.

Got to about the 11:00 min mark of the video.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Obsessed Garage just posted this video and Corey mentions the mix from Elixir contains hydro2 in it.

Got to about the 11:00 min mark of the video.

I’ve never had my mixture of ECH2O and Quartzmax to separate, but I always shake all my products before use. Hydro2 was water activated when used solo. Now I have to start experimenting with adding Hydro2 (or like product) to my mixture.

Corey says you get a month durability out of the product? You can’t get a month out of straight Reload (unless garaged and never driven) so by watering it down (product is around 80+% water) you get more protection? Doesn’t pass the common sense test.
    Likes Ronkh, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Corey says you get a month durability out of the product? You can’t get a month out of straight Reload (unless garaged and never driven) so by watering it down (product is around 80+% water) you get more protection? Doesn’t pass the common sense test.

Is that the general consensus? I thought Reload was advertised for 4-6 months of protection. To be honest, I`ve never had much luck with it. I think I had a bottle of the older formula a couple of years back. I always seemed to apply in all the different ways reccommended to me, but it only ever seemed to make it through a wash or two before the performance fell off. Again, I chalked it up to being a bad batch as others had mentioned. I was thinking about picking up another to top off my ExoV3 coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMigs View Post
    Is that the general consensus? I thought Reload was advertised for 4-6 months of protection. To be honest, I`ve never had much luck with it. I think I had a bottle of the older formula a couple of years back. I always seemed to apply in all the different ways reccommended to me, but it only ever seemed to make it through a wash or two before the performance fell off. Again, I chalked it up to being a bad batch as others had mentioned. I was thinking about picking up another to top off my ExoV3 coat.
    There have been many people that have done their own tests with Reload and I can’t remember one that got a full month of protection. The definition of “protection” is up for debate. My personal definition of protection has a combination of beading and gloss in it, as in “if it’s not beading and it’s not glossy I need to replace it”. In my testing of SiO2 products most, but not all, were “dead” and ready for replacement after 2 weeks, which is not bad for something that you usually spray on after a wash. If you got 4-6 months out of Reload one 16 oz. bottle would last around 7 years. Nope, not happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes DetailZeus, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro EliXir - Merlin has made it to the top

I’ve never had my mixture of ECH2O and Quartzmax to separate, but I always shake all my products before use. Hydro2 was water activated when used solo. Now I have to start experimenting with adding Hydro2 (or like product) to my mixture.

I have had EcH20 separate as well as when mixed with Reload or Cure. The SiO2 sits at the top surface and needs a good shake prior to use. And these are mixed with distilled water.

Merlin posted this on the CarPro forum.

I’ve played around with the original version and version 2 with just Hydro2 and Ech2o. It seems to work pretty well as a drying aid.

I have yet to try version 3 but will do once I use up the other two versions.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes VitreousHumor, Ronkh, Marine Clerk liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it...I`m a big fan of the green smoke.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

*BUMP*

So is this product inspired by Merlin`s concoction, or it is basically a copy? I saw a few people on the 1st page gawking at the price. But this is significantly cheaper than making Merlin`s. Which makes me think it`s not the same, just CarPro`s take on it. Don`t really like the 2 weeks thing, I`d love some magical product that worked similar but lasted a month, that`s how long about half my clients use to go between having me detail. (Cheap-Os out here lol)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information