Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber and Foam cleaners

Any preference for Microfiber and foam pad cleaners?
    Do you also add detergent to the wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber and Foam cleaners

Griot’s works well for me, I add it to the wash using all free and clear. As far as pads , I spray them first then wash.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Bob M !
    I use a liquid microfiber cleaner, the least expensive sometimes is made by Chemical Guys... Gallon Jug.. lasts for a long time..
    Cleans really well and leaves the microfibers soft and fluffed up.. Low heat in the dryer.. Sometimes add a little Distilled White Vinegar into the Rinse Cycle.. This C/G microfiber cleaner is very low foaming..

For all foam pads - Snappy Clean Powder, made by the best maker of foam pads, Lake Country.. Easy to use powder.. Put the contents into a 5-gallon bucket..
    Fill to 3 gallons or so.. Put all the dirty pads in there to soak.. Push the all down so they soak up the product.. Later, take them and wash them in the bucket using long rubber gloves..
    Squeeze them a few times and fill them back up with the soap.. Its zero foaming, so very easy to rinse out..
    Rinse them good... They will come out really clean and have no residue, etc., in them that will change how they work next time you use them..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber cleaner: All Free and Clear or Poorboy`s World Typhoon.
    Pad cleaner: Mid detail it will be a glass cleaner as the alcohol evaporates and the rest gets blown out with compressed air, after detail I have used Super Clean up to 1:3. I`ve been doing the Super Clean for the past few months and haven`t seen any loss in pad performance or breakdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob M- IMO it`s a "find what works for *YOU*" thing, and what works/doesn`t for one person might not be the same for somebody else. Simply gotta try different ones to find *YOUR* fave.

Note that some MF Cleaners (forget which right offhand..) can *REALLY* foam, despite supposedly being approved for HE Washers. Not quite like putting Dish Soap in an HE, but still pretty dramatic.

Oddly, the Persil that`s so mediocre on my Detailing MFs works fine on my Household ones. No other regular detergent has ever worked worth a [crap] on MFs for me.

Stokdgs- Your continued enthusiasm for the Snappy does keep it in the back of my mind, just in case I ever use up all my Dawn Power Dissolver and EF HI.

TheMeanGreen- Huh, that`s an intersting one, the Glass Cleaner! Never heard/thought of that before.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, wish I`d had the foresight to buy a bunch of the Dawn PD. That stuff was great, which of course was probably why they discontinued it. Can`t have stuff that actually works cluttering up the marketplace. Sigh.

Post Thanks / Like

E-Jag- Yes indeed, that`s one that I don`t mind having accumulated. It *does* take a bit of rinsing, but I attribute that to our soft water. Shows zero sign of having a shelf-life too I sincerely doubt that it`s in the same class as Snappy though...

Post Thanks / Like

I find that 3D Towel Kleen works best for me.

As for pads,I spray them with Pinnacle APC at 100% strength and let it soak in for awhile. I’ll brush them and rinse them out. It even removes FK 1000p.

Thread Information