Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Soaps : What`s your daily

Finally down to my last jug of Griots. I posted this before but the last 3 jugs I got - I swear either it`s a bad batch or just reformulation. The lubricity/consistency was not of yesteryears. Terrible analogy but I felt like the old stuff was like 90W oil and my last 3 jugs ere like 35W oil.

Anyhow, Reset is my top tier soap. I use this in dirty winter months or whenever it has been driven in rain during the warmer season.
    Griots is my use it up shampoo, lightly soiled shampoo, etc.

What`s shampoo is your ~daily~. I recall the recent 3D one. I know there are alot of PINK fans. I tried out a gallon eons ago. Wasn`t my cup of tea

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soaps : What`s your daily

I like 3d pink and hyperwash. Pink smells better than hyperwash I find cleaning ability and lubricity is about the same for both. Cost per wash is close as well with hyperwash being a better value. After I finish up my gallon I`m going to try the 3d super soap. 0.5 oz of soap for 5 gal of water is a very nice ratio if it works well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Griots concentrated wash for bucket, foaming surface wash in the gun or cannon

Post Thanks / Like

Hyperwash. Good stuff no doubt.
    Currently on a gallon of Car Brite select soap. Good soap.
    I do like to try new things, so WaxShop cherry snow foam is on my radar for my next gallon.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/wax-...am-refill.html
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have tested Tac System Mystic Bubble car soap. It`s the closest thing I have got to Carpro Reset. Where I buy it Sweden the Mystic Bubble is almost half the price of reset. And I can not separate them in the cleaning ability and lubrication. Have you tested to dilute Reset in 1:600-1:800 instead of the 1:400? I have tested it in the 1:600 dilution on a not so dirty car and still felt like I got the lubrication and cleaning ability from it that are necessary. It`s gets you a little more economical during the summer months at least. And I`m very thorough when diluting the Reset cause if used to much it will impact on your LSP and I feel it`s a waste of product too. Look up what price Mystic Bubble has in the US vs Reset.

Poorboy`s Super Slick & Suds I have heard great things about for a car soap that don`t leave anything behind. And the 5 gallon would last me a couple of lifetimes LOL

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/supe...l#.W8weas-ew1I

If you don`t mind some Poly Charger left behind. I really like Ultima Paint Guard Wash for it`s lubrication and suds and cleaning ability and rinses off very easy. The scent is a little strange but not overwellming LOL.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-...l#.W8wjYc-ew1I

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are Optimum Car Wash and Adam’s Car Shampoo. Both are very slick to touch and foam lasts a long time.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, I`m sold on Meg`s Hyperwash. Gets the car clean and leaves nothing behind to hamper the characteristics of the LSP I`m using.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Super slick and suds and optimum car wash purchased in gallons.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SwetM - going to see what the pricing of the TAC is here. Sidenote, but Reset is not expensive IMO in the respect of how much is needed per bucket.
    Maybe I`m just used to using dual shampoos because I had one I needed to use up. Ha. maybe I need to launch the calculator app to compare cost per oz

Post Thanks / Like

I had been using McKees SiO2 but just bought a liter of Reset

Post Thanks / Like

Reset or Adams. I also have a stash of Bilt Hamber auto wash which I really like but it’s not as readily available as reset or Adams.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I tried just about every soap on the market TBH.

I always liked Optimum and always have that on hand. It’s cheap, effective and rinses easily.

I love Dodo Born to be Mild for maintenance washes and it’s my favorite but the lack of getting it in bulk keeps me away.

Currently have a 5 gallon of Megs Citrus Blast that I like for customer maintenance washes.

Ultima is very nice also. Has some of the best cleaning ability.

Auto Finesse Lather is really nice and leaves nothing behind but can’t be easily sourced in the US anymore.

Chem guys Citrus wash and gloss works nice at stripping dilution but is a PITA to rinse off.

Meg’s gold class is the best over the counter soap IMO.

I liked the BF wash and wax but as with all PBMG shampoos, unless there is a really good sale, they are overpriced. Even with a sale, they are still pricey.

Meg’s hyper is nice and priced great but the perfume in it makes me sneeze. Lol
    Likes RaydiantDetail, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I too think the Griot`s (now described as "Concentrated") has changed for the worse, a stash from a while back is indeed much thicker than what I`ve bought recently. Eh, it still seems basically OK but I might look into the Optimum or something next time.

I`m still mixing it 50:50 with the 3D Pink too. Wish the latter still came in 5 gallon jugs, wish the Griot`s did too.

Might switch to Hyperwash for the wheels/wells/undercarriage at some point, I`ll have to see when the time comes.

I guess "OTC" depends on what kind of store the counter is in, but some Autobody/Paint Supply Stores have decent stuff in stock. Got my last gallon of M62 that way. It`s OK (and far better than Gold Class, IMO) but awfully pricey for what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, I remember bringing the viscosity up maybe a year ago. Man, you has have stockpiles of the OLD stuff as I felt like my jugs were newer old, but old enough that it was still watery g00p. I guess you finally have the same poop-crap reformulation. Not worth the premium paid for this not so premium shampoo anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

mobiledynamics- I`m not ready to give up on it and try something else....at present. It does still seem to offer great lubricity and encapsulation and I haven`t noticed any functional downside. But it`s sure not a change for the better either IMO.

I generally don`t care much about how a product smells, but when i hear about the various fruity scents I do think to myself that I could never use such stuff. The ?pineapple? scent of the Griot`s is OK to me though and that`s probably one reason why I stick with it. With all the shampoo mix that comes out of the foamgun, I don`t want something unappealing (to me, and I can be, uhm...unique..about it ).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information