Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soaps : What`s your daily

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lonnie- Hey, it`s great to see that somebody else appreciates the M62! I`ll miss the scent of it when I finally use mine up..who knows, I might end up buying more.

How would you compare the D110 Hyperwash to the M62? If I like the latter, do you think I`d consider the D110 OK for wheels/wells/undercarriages?

Oh, and I guess I oughta say something about how FK1000P lets me leave bugs/etc. on for months and then wash `em off with no etching, but since YMMV and you already know what you`re using on the customer`s cars I`ll just stay quiet about it Sorry, couldn`t resist..

Coleroad- Ah, that`s interesting about the GC messing with your LSP. I guess I didn`t give it enough use to notice that, and/or it didn`t matter much once I was just using it up doing the underneath.
    Accumulator:
    For wheel wells, I use Megs Detailer Line D101 APC and for tires and rims I use Megs Detailer Line D143 Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner. I find them to be better suited and effective for those cleaning task, rather than using carwash soap. For engine compartments and under carriage, I use Optimum Power Clean because, again, it is effective as a degreaser and will not cause whitening or bloom on machined or cast aluminum parts, although it is somewhat "expensive". I have a local farm supply store (Fleet Farm) that sells a degreaser called Jungle Jake Degreaser and Cleaner made by Stearns Packaging Corp. in Madison, WI that is about 1/4th the cost of OPC and I have used that degreaser on vehicle under carriages in the past. I still use it for a lot of general garage items cleaning, like concrete or epoxy floors (which is my main use), lawnmowers, snow blowers, trimmers, and shelving. The citrus-eucalyptus fragrance is very pleasant for an "industrial cleaner".

For reasons mentioned in my post, M62 Car Shampoo and Conditioner is a great car wash soap because it rinses clean and works well in hard(er) water, BUT D110 Hyperwash is a more cost-effective (AKA less expensive) soap that cleans very well, and that is the reason I am using it

If there is one carwash maintenance soap I would like to try, it is Poorboy`s Super Slick and Wax Car Wash Shampoo because it is sun-friendly, BUT at $45.00 per gallon, it is even MORE expensive than M62! I ALWAYS try to do my 2-bucket car washes in the early morning or late evening building-provided shade out of the sun , BUT there are those rare instances when washing a car mid-day in the sun might be necessary (cool early spring or late fall days), and having a car soap available that does not streak in the sun would be extremely helpful. By the way, I think someone from Poorboy`s said that even though the label says "Carnauba" on it, it has silicones that help reduce or mitigate the filming/streaking when used in the sun (IIRC!).
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It`s not as slick as some boutique brands but it sure does cut through grime well. I blast off dirt with the pressure washer so I don`t care about lubricity.
    Well, I use a pressure washer too, but I`m still all about the lubricity. Not saying right/wrong by any means...Eh, I`m awfully paranoid about any marring

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff
    ... also use Megs 62, but I also use Meg`s 00...
    Ah, that`s a MILD one! I didn`t know they still make it, I used that as wetsanding lube back in the day and would reach for it again if doing that (assuming I could find some).

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Ah, I`m starting to get an idea of why you and I are occasionally on different pages, sounds like the vehicles you`re doing need a lot more than mine (guess that`s no surprise, our stuff is pretty pampered these days) and you`re sometimes working outside...whole different ballgame.

Heh heh, I kinda doubt I`ll use up my APCs in this lifetime; I`m just using them up as pretreatments for my MFs/pads since I never need `em for the vehicles. Even winter-dirty undercarriages come clean fine for me with regular shampoos and those don`t strip the SprayWax/etc. I use under there.

But yes indeed, the PowerClean is great when you *do* need something like that! That stuff is probably my fave APC for greasy messes.

I too got some degreaser from a local place and I`m using that one up in the shop the *exact* same way you are on the exact same surfaces.

How would you compare the D110 and M62 (cost notwithstanding)? For some reason I worry that the D110 wouldn`t have the lubricity I`m after.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information