Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee`s SIO2 Tire shine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Based on the video I posted, Gyeon Tire has a thicker viscosity. So much that Gyeon has now gone away from the sprayer and replaced it with a pump. It could perform similar to Gyeon Tire. The viscosity does look similar to Perl at 1:1.
    Interesting. I like Gyeon Tire (I must have the older version because it`s a spray bottle). I get a few weeks out of it on my DD. Certainly better than a `regular` tire dressing. The Mckees version would have to do at least that well to make it worthwhile purchase over the many other dressings out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I see this as kinda gimmicky....

I dunno. They call it SiO2 & charge you a premium for that - the latest buzzword...

- But whose to say Si02 does ANYTHING to tire dressing? For some reason, your supposed to make the association that because this stuff is in paint coatings - if you add it to tire shine it makes it “more better”...

In reality, all the “shiny stuff” in dressings are the kind of stuff coating manufacturers say you need to remove from paint to make the coating last.

I’m sure it’s a great dressing - most McKee’s products are pretty good. But, I feel like how long a dressing lasts is marginal - regardless what 1 specific ingredient is in it. Dressings that do last a bit longer - it’s likely due to the overall formulation.
    Likes Chopper280 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Dan,

3-6 months with Tuff Shine? That`s incredible. I think I got maybe a month, 6 weeks at best. And I followed their cleaning procedure to the letter and even applied a few coats.
    Lol, I didn`t even use their cleaner, just mother`s wheel and tire cleaner. After about 3 months it does start to loose the gloss but one quick topup and I`m back to glossy. Love the stuff, can`t believe I waited years to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Interesting. I like Gyeon Tire (I must have the older version because it`s a spray bottle). I get a few weeks out of it on my DD. Certainly better than a `regular` tire dressing. The Mckees version would have to do at least that well to make it worthwhile purchase over the many other dressings out there.
    Mine has the sprayer on it as well. But it really just squirts out the get. Consistency reminds me of dawn. The new version I have seen on Gyeon`s social media now shows it with a pump similar to their Gyeon Bathe Essence. I get on average 6 weeks from Gyeon tire so I can see your point about McKee`s needing to be in that same longevity category.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Looks nice? Still holding out for my Si02 enhanced air freshener...
    You`ll be waiting a while. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That was a good tip about doing a bit on each "end" of the tire when you`ve got a freshly moistened applicator, and those are nice applicators, I bought some a while ago...maybe someday I will get to use them (because I have so many applicators).
    I`m glad you like them. I appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I see this as kinda gimmicky....

I dunno. They call it SiO2 & charge you a premium for that - the latest buzzword...

- But whose to say Si02 does ANYTHING to tire dressing? For some reason, your supposed to make the association that because this stuff is in paint coatings - if you add it to tire shine it makes it “more better”...

In reality, all the “shiny stuff” in dressings are the kind of stuff coating manufacturers say you need to remove from paint to make the coating last.

I’m sure it’s a great dressing - most McKee’s products are pretty good. But, I feel like how long a dressing lasts is marginal - regardless what 1 specific ingredient is in it. Dressings that do last a bit longer - it’s likely due to the overall formulation.
    Technology has come a long way the last couple years, and as you can imagine we go through A LOT of SiO2 with our various other formulations. The more you buy, the cheaper the raw material. At that point it was kind of like, what else can we put this stuff in?
    Likes Tc99m liked this post
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information