Post Thanks / Like

Wash as you mini-seal-coat the car - HydroFoam

I`ve had a bottle of HydroFoam that was gifted to me. Been sitting around forever....used it twice post a thorough washing - sprayed out of my cannon.

Car was very lightly dirty so I decided to do a 2BM with HydoFoam as my shampoo.
    Anyhow, maybe it`s the combo of the the fact that there is SIO2 in there, but the shampoo-mitt was very very lubricious. Then again, I did not even measure. I just poured what I wanted into the bucket....I def. probably went above the recommended dilution ratio but then again, I was doing full on bucket shampoo per panel as u go sorta deal..

And when I blew dried it, whew.....water flew off like a freshly coated car !

I`m not a fan of a sub par soap or sub par coating. But for a interim wash/seal/topper, it`s not too shabby in that respect I suppose
    Likes fly07sti, someidiot, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash as you mini-seal-coat the car - HydroFoam

It truly is an amazing soap. Been using it for years and will never be without it.

Post Thanks / Like

RESET is a amazing soap.

I have tested HydroFoam on what I would consider dirty panel - must clean shampoo cleanliness.
    Hydrofoam does not hold a candle to it compared to reset...

Post Thanks / Like

They are 2 totally different soaps. Both are great, but there is no soap (that I’ve ever come across) that actually leaves legitimate protection behind like Hydrofoam.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. We`re on different paths-pov. Cause Hydrofoam is not a daily shampoo. And one IMO should not attempt to use Hydrofoam to clean a dirty car (even though the marketing instructions suggest it`s a shampoo + protector). To each his own.

It`s not effective as Reset nor does it protect as long a Hydr02. So WHY BOTHER. That is why I don`t use it in my arsenal. The car used was coated. I was simply stating that due to the

- the big --glug glug-- ratio I used in the bucket
    and maybe due to the SIO2 activation, the surface tension or lack therof was uber lubricious cleaning on the panel.

I was not reporting it was a great soap or protection. It`s a nice topper, and IMO if should be applied on clean panels and not be used as a wash as you *sio2* solution.

I used it today as a shampoo as the car was recently washed (4 days ago), was driven locally for maybe 1 mile or less in some mild weather and has some slight residual dirt and scattered shower rainfall on it.

------

Edit --

If one had went to the trouble of using a real shampoo to clean the car and then hydrofoam it out of a cannon like I did just to trial it, you`re better off skipping step 2 and head straight to something like Hydr02 or Wetcoat is is longer lasting

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a bottle of Hydrofoam and have never used it. The bottle mocks me every time I go into my garage. One day it will get used, I promise. Maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

RLM - find some way to use it up....my POV of detailing products/change. I treat them like fruit. They have some level of shelf life to some degree...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    RLM - find some way to use it up....my POV of detailing products/change. I treat them like fruit. They have some level of shelf life to some degree...
    We are still in the low 90s here. When it finally gets down to the low 80s I’ll get to use some of my products. I agree about shelf life, especially with the SiO2 products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Sorry. We`re on different paths-pov. Cause Hydrofoam is not a daily shampoo. And one IMO should not attempt to use Hydrofoam to clean a dirty car (even though the marketing instructions suggest it`s a shampoo + protector). To each his own.

It`s not effective as Reset nor does it protect as long a Hydr02. So WHY BOTHER. That is why I don`t use it in my arsenal. The car used was coated. I was simply stating that due to the

- the big --glug glug-- ratio I used in the bucket
    and maybe due to the SIO2 activation, the surface tension or lack therof was uber lubricious cleaning on the panel.

I was not reporting it was a great soap or protection. It`s a nice topper, and IMO if should be applied on clean panels and not be used as a wash as you *sio2* solution.

I used it today as a shampoo as the car was recently washed (4 days ago), was driven locally for maybe 1 mile or less in some mild weather and has some slight residual dirt and scattered shower rainfall on it.

------

Edit --

If one had went to the trouble of using a real shampoo to clean the car and then hydrofoam it out of a cannon like I did just to trial it, you`re better off skipping step 2 and head straight to something like Hydr02 or Wetcoat is is longer lasting
    Maybe I’m missing something - but HydroFoam isn’t even supposed to be used in a bucket unless you dilute 1:9. They recommend something like a 1:9 dilution for a foam cannon - so my math is telling me you would need to use like 1/2 a gallon of it to get a close to similar ratio.

I think the stuff is awesome for what I use it for - to clean wheels and other accessory parts. Of course, I’m using it as directed on the bottle.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t think it`s recommended to use in a bucket wash. If no foamcannon is an option to use. You mix a spray bottle with 1:9 dilution. Then on a wet panel spray on the product and use a wash mitt and rinse off thoroughly. You could also apply a small concentrate on the soaked wash mitt and wash on a wet panel and thoroughly rinse after every panel. Have a rinse bucket to rinse the wash mitt in after every panel on all 3 methods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Don`t think it`s recommended to use in a bucket wash. If no foamcannon is an option to use. You mix a spray bottle with 1:9 dilution. Then on a wet panel spray on the product and use a wash mitt and rinse off thoroughly. You could also apply a small concentrate on the soaked wash mitt and wash on a wet panel and thoroughly rinse after every panel. Have a rinse bucket to rinse the wash mitt in after every panel on all 3 methods.
    Directions on bottle actual say you can use in a bucket. But says use 1:9 - which is ridiculous. I often wonder how stuff like that even gets on a product label... Like - who approved that? Do they think someone is going to use a half gallon of soap with 5 gallons of water? That`s prolly $100 worth of this stuff. Were they drunk? Do they even read their own labels???

But yeah, before saying the product is no good - people may wanna read the sig

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, per the OP. I did not follow manuf. guidelines at all. this was a product that was gifted to me. To me, it`s jack of all trades - master of none. Does not clean like Reset and does not last as long as Hydr02. So it sits on my shelf....rotting away. I am slowly just using it up now and then when I find the right window to use this sub-par product, and it was the perfect opportunity under the right conditions to use in via a bucket

- car was clean but had a brief 1 mile of very passing rain / road dust on it

I was just noting that maybe due to the fact it was a shampoo and ~SIO2 sealer~ all in the same bucket mix, the use of it during a traditional wash made the mitt feel very Very very lubricious.

Thread Information