Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Intenso Window Coating...

Anyone wanna try it? Just recd rhe 100ml bottle and really dont have 20 or so windshields to coat so if someone wants to give it a go, I`ll put 15ml or so in a bottle and send it to ya for free.

Just *had* to give it another go, formula likely tweaked since I had a small bottle sent over from UK last year.

https://youtu.be/ODBQohON74o

https://youtu.be/qmyO3O9xMaY
    Likes ShakingHorizons, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Intenso Window Coating...

Yes please I’ll definitely take it if the offers still good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I will take some if the offer is still good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ray67122 View Post
    Yes please I’ll definitely take it if the offers still good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    PM me your addy and I`ll send it out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GARY51 View Post
    Alas, Ray67122 rang in first. Will keep you in mind if I can send more. Gonna coat some windshields at work to see how it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol you just couldn`t resist could you?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Lol you just couldn`t resist could you?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Guilty as charged. That mad scientist over in Yokohama City says he`s got something good and my wallet is helpless to resist.

A 30ml bottle woulda been nice but apparently not packaged that way anymore. Now I just gotta wait 2 days for rain to move in to see it work.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to see if opinion changes for Intenso. Does the bottle say anything about the shelf life for Intenso? 100 ml is a big bottle. Gyeon View’s 20 ml bottle I got 2 coats for the windshield, 4 door windows, 1.5 coats of the rear window. I should of done my moonroof instead of trying to get a 2nd coat on the rear lol.

Post Thanks / Like

How did it work? I’m going to try some of the Kamikaze stuff, probably Overcoat first. I’ve tried damn near every topper so why not?

Post Thanks / Like

Found an old, empty Miyabi bottle that I can sanitize/fill w/ 10-15ml of Intenso and ship to ya tomorrow morning if you`d like.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber732 View Post
    Looking forward to see if opinion changes for Intenso. Does the bottle say anything about the shelf life for Intenso? 100 ml is a big bottle. Gyeon View’s 20 ml bottle I got 2 coats for the windshield, 4 door windows, 1.5 coats of the rear window. I should of done my moonroof instead of trying to get a 2nd coat on the rear lol.
    I did 1 coat on my daily driver windshield yesterday, seems like it took about 3ml and i put it on pretty heavy, likely too heavy in fact but it came off easily. I still had some Intenso left over from around last June that I dumped last night to fill with some new to send to Ray67122 and it seemed `viable`. The new 100ml bottle has a pretty tight-fitting plastic stopper in the bottle (under the cap) so it`ll probably seal pretty good and I`d imagine will have good shelf life.

Last experience was amazing shedding of water but bug/debris strikes in dry left little `gut streaks` that were a bit tenacious to remove. Washers/wipers alone wouldn`t clear them, needed physical cleaning of windshield. Since then I have found this to be similar to other glass coatings that had really good water behavior; great in wet, a bit less so in dry. The product description for the Intenso now specifically says "Once you`ve applied Intenso Window Coat, you`ll notice that not only does water bead incredibly well, but dirt, bugs, and grime won`t adhere to your glass like they would otherwise."

I guess we`ll see because despite being near-Autumn here in Ohio, the past few weeks seem to have an increase in bugs flying around. Prior to Intenso application yesterday, I had Aquapel on my windshield for the last month or so and, again, pretty good water behavior but in the last week or so I`ve been noticing more bug strikes with corresponding `gut streaks` on the windshield.

After application the windshield is very, very slick. Didn`t bother with any on wipers, gonna see how that works going forward w/ respect to wiper chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How did it work? I’m going to try some of the Kamikaze stuff, probably Overcoat first. I’ve tried damn near every topper so why not?
    Applied last night now I just gotta pray for rain to see how it goes. Nice, easy application after polishing glass with McKee`s 37 High Performance Glass Restorer and then a Gyeon Prep wipedown. The polishing/Intenso application did bring some previously unnoticed dings/nicks in the glass to light. Not a big deal but just more evidence of how a 70 mile daily freeway commute in NE Ohio really tears up a car, both paint and glass. My front end & hood are a mobile advertisement for PPF....coulda, woulda, shoulda. Car is only 15 months since new and thinking about having hood re-sprayed next Spring. Rocks, salt, pieces of crappy cars driving in front of me have all taken their toll on the hood. If I don`t get it re-sprayed, will need a gallon of Dr ColorChip to cover `em up.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget that’s pretty sad that after 15 months you need a respray. I had my bumper resprayed due to a log truck dropping a large piece of wood hitting my bumper. I was very happy with the job done by my body shop. I paid $600 and it was worth every penny. My car is a 2011 model and I don’t have more than one or two tiny chips on my hood. Which car has the chips? Is the paint soft?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok sounds good.How should I send my address?

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you my info via PM
    Thanks
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to go, will ship tomorrow. Heck, after seeing your addy, maybe I should just drive it over. I`ll be shipping from my workplace in Brecksville.
    I sent you my info via PM
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Budget that’s pretty sad that after 15 months you need a respray. I had my bumper resprayed due to a log truck dropping a large piece of wood hitting my bumper. I was very happy with the job done by my body shop. I paid $600 and it was worth every penny. My car is a 2011 model and I don’t have more than one or two tiny chips on my hood. Which car has the chips? Is the paint soft?
    Yeah, it`s been a tough year on the freeways here. Bought a new, black 2017 Honda Accord V6 coupe in late June 2017. 15 months and 24K miles later, life has taken its toll on the front end. Was a horrible winter (2017-2018) so the front end is mostly salt strike damage from the heavily salted roads and various spring/summer construction zones. I have a 70 mile daily commute, about 65 miles of which is on the 4 most heavily traveled freeways in Cleveland, all of which have been under construction for the last 2 years. Lotsa gravel and stuff bouncing around, inevitable that many stones hit the hood.

Heck, I was coming back from the Columbus open house last June, got trapped behind a rusty Ford Bronco which would shed rusty body panel pieces every time it hit a bump/expansion strip in freeway...that alone probably put 3-4 dings in the hood before I could slow down and get away from it. Car just seems to attract debris.

Gonna pick up a new summer car for wife this coming Spring, probably gonna have it wrapped with PPF and although it won`t see the abuse my daily does, hopefully will help keep the dings out. Would be nice if mfg`s started using black primer under black paint instead of white but I ain`t holding my breath for that.

Kinda odd, though, that the black 2016 WRX I drove previously as a daily on the same commute didn`t incur nearly the damage the Accord has; just lucky, I guess.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information