CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

Dr. Beasley?s Ceramic Body Wash

Or any I missed. Used to maintain.

Thanks!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your pick for a Si02 soap?

Does Reset contain any SiO2 or is it just a `pure` soap like regular Gyeon Bathe?

FWIW, I just use regular Gyeon Bathe. Used Bathe+ for a bit last summer but then really didn`t see the benefit on a coated car as I was washing and then using Overcoat as drying aid so it seemed excessive.

For a while, with coated cars, was washing with Bathe+, using Gyeon WetCoat during final rinse and also using Overcoat while drying. That was SiO2 overkill so I stopped.

Gave Gyeon Bathe Essence a go this summer, didn`t like it. Worked fine, just personal preference.
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As for a car soap that don`t leave anything behind. Carpro Reset and have been useing Tac System Mystic Bubble which is great.

The only car soap with sio2 in it I have used. Is Angelwax Enigma Ceramic Infused car soap. And like to use it when I want a little more as a carnuaba glow finish. It`s a great car soap too. With good cleaning ability and great lubrication. It gives the sharp finish from Gyeon Wet Coat a more deeper gloss on my silver metallic car.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, BadgerRivFan, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used gyeon bathe plus and really like it.

I can save everyone the learning pains on this product. Wash one panel and rinse. If it is at all sunny don’t use it. I got some hi spots or smears whatever you want to call them on my first use. After talking with a gyeon pro I figured out the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

What are you looking for in terms of an SiO2 soap?

Reset leaves nothing behind. It has no SiO2. It is on the strong side and CarPro even mentions that it may degrade sealants. I can`t say if it does or not but it works great on coated vehicles.

Nick never confirmed that the SiO2 soap leaves any protection behind. But it does a great job with not spotting if washing in the sun.

Bathe+ is ok. Don`t expect a high suds type shampoo with this one. They die off really quick. Used it a couple times on paint but nothing overwhelming. Works good as a wheel coating maintenance wash.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes tom p., Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post

McKee`s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo
    I`ve gone thru a good amount of these two products. They`re both "excellent". I think I`m going to finalize this product selection and fly with the McKee`s soap in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Mckees si02 soap and liked it but not the cost. Don`t see any sort of benefits of a sio2 soap. I just stick with hyper wash for my washing needs.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be honest I was just curious to any benefit of using said soap. Currently I am happy using Car Brite select soap.

Now I have read good things about HYDROFOAM. But, that is in a different category. A simple way to lay down some protection.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    I have used the Mckees si02 soap and liked it but not the cost. Don`t see any sort of benefits of a sio2 soap. I just stick with hyper wash for my washing needs.
    I too am not crazy about McKee’s price. That said, it’s the best I’ve found to use in sunlight and not end up with spotting. Wash the whole vehicle leave the soap on it and then do a quick but thorough rinse and get it in the garage for a proper drying. I think it actually saves time because I’m not continuously keeping the surface wet to avoid water spots.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset is the soap I keep returning to time after time. No bs, just a clean rinsing soap.
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro HydroFoam soap and Gyeon Bathe+ are great to me are great for cleaning wheels. Especially since it can’t wash and rinse fairly quickly and leave some added protection.

I do like
    Gyeon Bathe+ for car washing as well but have found it is a wash and rinse per panel type of deal so I feel it takes extra time and work to make it right.

CarPro Reset is one of the best cleaning and cleanest, easiest rinsing soap I have ever used. This is what keeps me coming back to it. It just works and does exactly what it claims it does. Then I use Hyrdo2 or Reload or another drying aid as I dry. But I am one of the people that has almost never had any issues with these products. Gyeon Bathe and Bathe Essence are similar to Rest and I have all of them.

I have not used the McKee’s soaps so I can’t comment but they get great reviews. They are on my list but it will be awhile since I collect soaps and need to use them up.

Likes VitreousHumor, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don`t get the whole SIO2 soap. Jack of all trades, master of nuthing....

Reset is my go to soap. In between washes, I`m using up my other extra shampoos, but Reset is my top tier soap.
    If I want a spray and rinse, then I Hydr02 it. The SIO2 shampoo equivalent does not clean as well, is not as LUBRICIOUS as reset and the SIO2 part does not last as long as Hydr02, so why even bother with said SIO2 soap.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nick never confirmed that the SiO2 soap leaves any protection behind. But it does a great job with not spotting if washing in the sun.
    I assumed from the description that Mckees SiO2 Wash leaves SiO2 behind, as it states it fills in microscopic pores, and can be used as a gloss enhancing soap for non-coatings. To me, those two statements = SiO2 gloss enhancement... but am still curious if Nick does respond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I assumed from the description that Mckees SiO2 Wash leaves SiO2 behind, as it states it fills in microscopic pores, and can be used as a gloss enhancing soap for non-coatings. To me, those two statements = SiO2 gloss enhancement... but am still curious if Nick does respond.
    I do have something that Joe mentioned on the McKee`s facebook group when he was working out of the McKee`s garage. I will say that at times I do notice the sheeting change. I noticed this when I had Sonax CC36 ceramic coating. Have not used it as of late.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I use to do rinseless wash. Now I like and use McKees 37 SiO2 soap. I wash using the GDM. I wash the whole car before rinsing. No water spots and I do not have a DI filter yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information