Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Bead Maker - Marketing and hype or is it really that good?

My car was Opti-coated recently and I bought some Opti-Coat Hyper Seal to help maintain the coating, enhance the gloss and hopefully add some protection, in addition to using it as a drying aid. I called The Rag Company to ask a few questions about what towels to use when applying the product and if these towels had to be thrown away after use. They put one of the detailers on the phone and this is when he raved about Bead Maker as a topping for ceramic coated vehicles. He insisted that it wouldn`t change the water sheeting characteristics of the ceramic coating and that it would add smoothness and gloss. It sounds like a great product, but I didn`t find very many unbiased reviews. I saw a couple of videos with this Renny Doyle guy and he reminded me of someone you`d see on an infomercial at 2am peddling some "as seen on TV" product. Despite his personality, is this product worth using in addition to Hyper Seal, or is it a waste of time for a coated vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Bead Maker - Marketing and hype or is it really that good?

Stick with Hyper Seal and enjoy the synergy of the products. Bead Maker is polymer based where Hyper Seal is SiO2 based. I don`t agree that it won`t alter the hydrophobic properties of the coating. It can be used as a stand alone sealant based on what I have read and seen. It may not be hype but if you wish to try it then go ahead and pick up a bottle and do a side by side test and judge for yourself.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs, jwyfk thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Based on reviews, I bought a gallon of Bead Maker (on sale of course), and I`m very impressed with it. None of the vehicles I`ve used it on are coated...all are sealed with McKees HiDef. It gives a slickness and gloss that are awesome. As far as longevity, I`ll have to wait and see....but early returns are promising.
    Likes Stokdgs, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks jwyfk thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwyfk View Post
    My car was Opti-coated recently and I bought some Opti-Coat Hyper Seal to help maintain the coating, enhance the gloss and hopefully add some protection, in addition to using it as a drying aid. I called The Rag Company to ask a few questions about what towels to use when applying the product and if these towels had to be thrown away after use. They put one of the detailers on the phone and this is when he raved about Bead Maker as a topping for ceramic coated vehicles. He insisted that it wouldn`t change the water sheeting characteristics of the ceramic coating and that it would add smoothness and gloss. It sounds like a great product, but I didn`t find very many unbiased reviews. I saw a couple of videos with this Renny Doyle guy and he reminded me of someone you`d see on an infomercial at 2am peddling some "as seen on TV" product. Despite his personality, is this product worth using in addition to Hyper Seal, or is it a waste of time for a coated vehicle?
    i took a gamble on a gal on sale, and I am glad I did. I have used it on coated, uncoated, acrylic coated, clayed or unclayed surfaces. It leaves the paint very slick and glossy and the water behavior is top notch. I did not see a change on the ceramic coating it was applied to it looked like the coating did day one to me. Try it out it`s worth a shot, if u don`t like it the product will wear off and you can continue using something different later down the road
    Likes Stokdgs, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been playing around with it over my base layer of can coat. It does really give some pop to the shine, but the slickness is unreal. Beading isn’t quite as good as pure coating IME, and I’ve heard it will last about a month (I haven’t had it on that long so no experience there). No need to throw away towels, it’s not a coating, more like a QD on steroids. maybe V7 but with beading and lasts longer than a week. I think that is how it should be used, not as an LSP. At least I wouldn’t use it as an LSP.
    Likes Stokdgs, fly07sti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Seems like a waste of product as you are mopping up the majority of it with the towel. Why not spray it into the towel and apply evenly? I don’t see the purpose of over applying except for the manufacturer to make more money.
    Likes Stokdgs, SGM2008, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a few YouTube detailers have discovered this latest miracle of detailing. Looks like a lot of work to buff it to a shine, and a few anecdotal comments about harder to get the shine in areas of high humidity. I use Hyper Seal on my wife`s Opti Plus coated car and Gyeon Cure on my Can Coated one for drying aids. If you decide to try it, do a comparison of side by side panels with Hyper Seal and let us all know if you can see the difference? I do believe in miracles, but it seems detailing has more than most industries
    Likes VitreousHumor, Stokdgs, timeless liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno man. I’d be surprised if it was better than Sonax BSD - or as cheap.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Bead Maker - Marketing and hype or is it really that good?

Actually - just googled it - it is pretty cheap. Damnnnn......
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dont go out buying every product everyone raves about. You will go broke. I noticed a long time ago that everyone was talking about IUDJ but havent heard squat about it in 3 years. Im not a RD fan by any means so I will never give him $.01. Product may be great but if you like what you are using just keep using it.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot this stuff has been sold here for 2 years. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Dont go out buying every product everyone raves about. You will go broke...[without much to show for it]..
    Agree. I thought the Big Idea with coatings was that they eliminated the need to, uhm...do stuff like this.

..I noticed a long time ago that everyone was talking about IUDJ but havent heard squat about it in 3 years..
    Eh, I still rave about the stuff, basically never wash without it even though my Wash Regimen is a long ways from RW/etc.

Heh heh, just sorta jerkin` your chain with the above.. You know we`re on the same page..

Quote Originally Posted by gspam
    Quite a few YouTube detailers have discovered this latest miracle of detailing ...it seems detailing has more than most industries..
    Heh heh, yes indeed...that was very good!
    Likes dcjredline, Stokdgs, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Stick with Hyper Seal and enjoy the synergy of the products. Bead Maker is polymer based where Hyper Seal is SiO2 based. I don`t agree that it won`t alter the hydrophobic properties of the coating. It can be used as a stand alone sealant based on what I have read and seen. It may not be hype but if you wish to try it then go ahead and pick up a bottle and do a side by side test and judge for yourself.
    I read another post from you saying the same thing a while ago and I agree with you. It might be worth testing one of these days, but I`m going to try to build up layers of Hyper Seal, if that`s even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    I’ve been playing around with it over my base layer of can coat. It does really give some pop to the shine, but the slickness is unreal. Beading isn’t quite as good as pure coating IME, and I’ve heard it will last about a month (I haven’t had it on that long so no experience there). No need to throw away towels, it’s not a coating, more like a QD on steroids. maybe V7 but with beading and lasts longer than a week. I think that is how it should be used, not as an LSP. At least I wouldn’t use it as an LSP.
    It`s the gloss and especially the slickness that made me interested in the product. I haven`t used Hyper Seal yet, so I don`t know what the surface is going to feel like. When I was talking about the need to throw away towels, that was in reference to Hyper Seal, which sounds like it has some ceramic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Dont go out buying every product everyone raves about. You will go broke. I noticed a long time ago that everyone was talking about IUDJ but havent heard squat about it in 3 years. Im not a RD fan by any means so I will never give him $.01. Product may be great but if you like what you are using just keep using it.
    I know what you mean. I`ve spent more money this past month on detailing products that my last car payment.
    Likes dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Bead maker daily. Mostly on top of coated cars, but also for the cars I maintain that are not coated. I notice on coated vehicles you can get away with using less. But there is actually a science behind using bead maker in the fashion that is used in their video.

It works on everything, glass included. There is zero hype to this product IMHO. I have been using this for 2+ years now. When I find a better product for what I use it for I will switch.

As my boy Donny said dont go trying and buying everything you see. We all have a bin filled with stuff that works just fine but we want more!!

Anyway if you are interested its def worth trying, no BS here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information