Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Bead Maker - Marketing and hype or is it really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It`s like Teflon all over again.
    Is Teflon the same a PTFE? Also could throw Polycharger into the mix. Always going to be the next big thing/hype with detailing supplies. You have to differentiate yourself from the “old” stuff on the market. I would like to ask a manufacturer why they don’t advertise the amount of SiO2 in a product to set themselves apart from the competition. I’m beginning to think the SiO2 amount doesn’t matter as much as the type of polymers or resins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Is Teflon the same a PTFE? Also could throw Polycharger into the mix. Always going to be the next big thing/hype with detailing supplies. You have to differentiate yourself from the “old” stuff on the market. I would like to ask a manufacturer why they don’t advertise the amount of SiO2 in a product to set themselves apart from the competition. I’m beginning to think the SiO2 amount doesn’t matter as much as the type of polymers or resins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes PTFE and Teflon are the same. Dupont requested companies stop using their trademark name so they started calling it PTFE. Dupont also said it was ineffective for various applications including paint protection. A decade later they were selling their own line of Teflon fortified detailing junk at Walmart.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bead Maker just passed the first coating topper test with flying colors. I`ve been running Gyeon Mohs and One separately on the other test car which has been routinely pummeled by hard water over the months from the sprinklers. Recently the paint was hit bad, so far the worst remaining performance I`ve seen after the final wash and rinse with CarPro Reset. Bead Maker revived absolutely everything, greatly boosted the slickness, easily cut through the damage to the surface tension that the hard water spotting left behind prior, and it has endured daily showers since being applied (4 days old). Its ability to repair each coating left me very surprised.

By itself, Bead Maker is not a very hydrophobic product, and it`s always a question when you try topping a more hydrophobic product with one that`s less hydrophobic - whether it`s going to ruin the base layer`s performance. The coatings, even when heavily diminished, were revived and boosted Bead Maker far beyond what it could ever achieve as a standalone product. I`ve honed in on Polish Angel (High Gloss, Cosmic Spritz, Rapidwaxx) as my favorite coating toppers so far, but the price is obviously way up there and they won`t match Bead Maker`s slickness. So I`m very impressed on this first showing, I`m going to be running more tests with it but this was a big hurdle to clear and it greatly exceeded expectations.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information