Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Insomnia rears it`s ugly head which sometimes results in impetuous ordering, in this case Cquartz UK 3.0 and associated items.

    Have never used Essence before a coating, figr`d may as well give it a shot as well.

    Any recommendations on somewhat limited time between Essence and Cquartz UK application? Don`t think I`ll be able to let sit for 24hrs, likely 12 -14hrs max possible. Forgot to order Eraser but have another order coming in with it to keep everything `synergistic`. Thinking next weekend will be able to get all prep/polishing done Saturday afternoon, start coating Sunday morning. Light wipedown w/ Eraser before coating even with Essence used 12-14hrs previous?

    (2) layers CQUK, minimum 1hr apart?

    As for Reload, do you have to apply it within 60 minutes of final layer of CQUK and if that window is missed, must wait 24hrs to apply Reload?

    I don`t think there`s any items I missed, product-wise to keep this an all CarPro affair; pondered Gliss for a moment but only CarPro sells V2 and not sure I`m a true believer yet in the `topcoat` thing.

    Thanks for any info...really not that familiar w/ CarPro stuff...finally get to try Reload.


    From: Auto Geek [mailto:customerservice@autogeek.net]
    Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:56 AM
    Subject: Thank You for Ordering from Auto Geek - 2030501

    Date: 8/30/2018
    Yahoo Order Number: 1411388
    Internal Order Number: 2030501


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Product Code - Product Name Price
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 CP-ES25 - 250 mL Car Pro Essence Extreme Gloss 24.99
    4 CP-PU125 - CarPro 5.5 inch Gloss Pad 35.96
    1 CP-10CQK30K - 30 ml. Cquartz UK Edition 3.0 w/ Reload 63.99
    1 BFWAX25 - 25%* Off Your Order! -31.24
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Eraser coming separately...cuz I forgot on original order...hey, it was 3am...
    Likes showbbq liked this post

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Funny enough I have an unopened bottle of Essence I`m waiting to try as well. I heard 1 hr wait time after Essence but I haven`t tried it. As for Reload, a wait time of at least 1 hour is recommended so any longer is fine. I`d apply it before much dust etc settles on the paint. I`m curious on your thoughts about Reload! A little goes a long way in application.

  3. #3
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    27,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Please feel free to move to Nokomis FL. So if you ever get insomnia again it can be assuaged in my garage.

    Reload (ugggg - please switch to cure) an hour after, but I doubt the clock period ends then.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  4. #4
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by showbbq View Post
    Funny enough I have an unopened bottle of Essence I`m waiting to try as well. I heard 1 hr wait time after Essence but I haven`t tried it. As for Reload, a wait time of at least 1 hour is recommended so any longer is fine. I`d apply it before much dust etc settles on the paint. I`m curious on your thoughts about Reload! A little goes a long way in application.
    The thing/question with Reload after CQuartz comes from the CarPro site, where in their application instructions they note: "Apply Reload before 1 hour. Wait until next day for Reload if you miss the 30-60 minute window"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Please feel free to move to Nokomis FL. So if you ever get insomnia again it can be assuaged in my garage.

    Reload (ugggg - please switch to cure) an hour after, but I doubt the clock period ends then.
    Sometimes the insomnia purchases end up in the "I don`t want it you can have it thread..." a few months later. Everything seems like a good idea in the middle of the night.

    As for Reload, just hadda finally give it a try. Have heard the bad reports but I wanted to kinda keep it all CarPro per their instructions so as to avoid any potential "User error, did not follow directions/product synergy" issues should the entire escapade prove to not meet expectations. If Reload proves to be somewhat cantankerous, I`ll just file it next to TAC Moonlight in the "Hmmm..." column of my notes.

    Overall looking forward to using something new and expect no issues. The Guz has had great success so far with CQUK I believe, so I gotta believe it`s solid. I passed on the Gliss topcoat after reading this on the CarPro site (Gliss V2):

    Q. Can I use Tar-X on the Gliss?
    A. No, only for a small quick spot treatment
    How tough can Gliss be if ya can`t hose it down with a tar remover after winter to remove some of the arctic goo we get up here?
    Likes Ronkh, SWETM liked this post

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Whaat. I`m not sure why it would be that finicky after an hour. I believe Corey has said differently on various sites about the wait time but I`m not sure. It hasn`t been an issue for me but I can see the value in finding out to make sure you have solid results for comparison.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  6. #6
    RaydiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Nice Budget. I have not used the new CQUK3.0 but used the previous version a few times with good success.

    For coating after Essence I usually just wait about an hour. Have not seen any issues using this method. I have waited 12 hours as well on a few occasions where time allowed and applied the coating the next morning then let cure.

    For Reload - I do still use it from time to time however I do not spray it directly on the panel as this was when I found streaking issues. I use the Two towel method - One for application and one for wipe off. I apply it similar to Gyeon Can Coat. Spray onto 1st MF towel and work into the panel in small sections. Then wipe off any residue with your 2nd towel. Should not have any streaking issues this way. For application I since I use an IR lamp to cure the coating I will usually apply it directly after coating. Though if you have PA Cosmic Spritz I still like it a lot more than Reload

    Interesting about Gliss and tar removers. Though maybe due to the coatings nature you would not really need to use a tar remover on it?
    Likes mrclean81, Drblatz liked this post

  7. #7
    mrclean81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    3.0 is super easy to work with. The new formula works really well in hot and humid climates, so it’s really made my life easier this year. +1 on using the 2 towel method for Reload. I usually wait around an hour after applying the coating to do Reload, and have never had an issue at all. I actually had a client call me the other day and wanted to know how to wash his car because he couldn’t keep it wet lmao. It’s a great combo
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Ronkh, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

  8. #8
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Thanks for the info, very helpful. As for Gliss, guess it really doesn`t matter but still curious about the no Tar-X. From what I`ve read, Gliss is a flourine-based topcoat, kinda like Gyeon Booster in that respect (minus the catalyst part, anyway...Gyeon on Booster: "- reacts with the base coat (Mohs) changing its surface tension and repellency) and have not heard from Gyeon that their Booster doesn`t like Tar remover. Eh, no matter in the end (in this instance anyway) I guess but interesting nonetheless.


    Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Nice Budget. I have not used the new CQUK3.0 but used the previous version a few times with good success.

    For coating after Essence I usually just wait about an hour. Have not seen any issues using this method. I have waited 12 hours as well on a few occasions where time allowed and applied the coating the next morning then let cure.

    For Reload - I do still use it from time to time however I do not spray it directly on the panel as this was when I found streaking issues. I use the Two towel method - One for application and one for wipe off. I apply it similar to Gyeon Can Coat. Spray onto 1st MF towel and work into the panel in small sections. Then wipe off any residue with your 2nd towel. Should not have any streaking issues this way. For application I since I use an IR lamp to cure the coating I will usually apply it directly after coating. Though if you have PA Cosmic Spritz I still like it a lot more than Reload

    Interesting about Gliss and tar removers. Though maybe due to the coatings nature you would not really need to use a tar remover on it?
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post

  9. #9
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    2,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Insomnia rears it`s ugly head which sometimes results in impetuous ordering, in this case Cquartz UK 3.0 and associated items.

    Have never used Essence before a coating, figr`d may as well give it a shot as well.

    Any recommendations on somewhat limited time between Essence and Cquartz UK application? Don`t think I`ll be able to let sit for 24hrs, likely 12 -14hrs max possible. Forgot to order Eraser but have another order coming in with it to keep everything `synergistic`. Thinking next weekend will be able to get all prep/polishing done Saturday afternoon, start coating Sunday morning. Light wipedown w/ Eraser before coating even with Essence used 12-14hrs previous?

    (2) layers CQUK, minimum 1hr apart?

    As for Reload, do you have to apply it within 60 minutes of final layer of CQUK and if that window is missed, must wait 24hrs to apply Reload?

    I don`t think there`s any items I missed, product-wise to keep this an all CarPro affair; pondered Gliss for a moment but only CarPro sells V2 and not sure I`m a true believer yet in the `topcoat` thing.

    Thanks for any info...really not that familiar w/ CarPro stuff...finally get to try Reload.


    Eraser coming separately...cuz I forgot on original order...hey, it was 3am...
    Nice order.

    To answer your question about how long to wait between Essence and Reload. Well like Gyeon Primer the longer Essence sits after the initial wipe off, the SiO2 in it will cure and there will be less residual oils to wipe off with a prep spray. So if 12-14 hours is the max amount of time you have then so be it. That is good enough. The minimum time is 1 hour for Essence. Just like Gyeon Primer. I would still recommend a prep wipe of some sort with using Essence or even Gyeon Primer. Better to make sure there are no residual oils left and the prep wipe won`t remove the SiO2 left behind.

    One thing to have is good lighting with Essence. If it is not worked completely you will find it hard to remove and will require a quick pass with a little Essence to remove the remaining product. Don`t start freaking out lol. You will figure out how to use it after a panel a two. I do what Corey showed in a video on the obsessed garage channel and that is on the last pass go over the section with quick arm speed and over a slightly larger area that was worked. This will make it easier to wipe off. It is very similar to Gyeon Primer.

    To do 2 layers of CQUK 3.0, then yes 45 min to 1 hour is fine.

    I did not follow up with Reload as I used Gliss V1. If anything stick with what CarPro recommends. You would probably not have any issues if you had to apply Reload hours later. But I would hold off and let CQUK 3.0 cure as long as possible before using Reload. Unless you plan to see rain sooner than the 7 day curing window. Or do Reload on one area and no Reload on the other.


    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    The thing/question with Reload after CQuartz comes from the CarPro site, where in their application instructions they note: "Apply Reload before 1 hour. Wait until next day for Reload if you miss the 30-60 minute window"



    Sometimes the insomnia purchases end up in the "I don`t want it you can have it thread..." a few months later. Everything seems like a good idea in the middle of the night.

    As for Reload, just hadda finally give it a try. Have heard the bad reports but I wanted to kinda keep it all CarPro per their instructions so as to avoid any potential "User error, did not follow directions/product synergy" issues should the entire escapade prove to not meet expectations. If Reload proves to be somewhat cantankerous, I`ll just file it next to TAC Moonlight in the "Hmmm..." column of my notes.

    Overall looking forward to using something new and expect no issues. The Guz has had great success so far with CQUK I believe, so I gotta believe it`s solid. I passed on the Gliss topcoat after reading this on the CarPro site (Gliss V2):



    How tough can Gliss be if ya can`t hose it down with a tar remover after winter to remove some of the arctic goo we get up here?
    I have had success with both versions of CQUK. On thing I will say is that 3.0 is much more user friendly. It does flash quick so be ready for that. It could almost be wipe on, wipe off.

    I would not worry too much about Gliss being removed with tarx. It would not surprise me if Bosster or even Skin would also be removed. It also would not surprise me if Bosster and Gliss are the same product. It is so simple to reapply Gliss if needed so that negates the issue.

    FYI CarPro US only sells Gliss V1 at the moment. V2 is not available yet. But I am surprised you did not take CarPro Us` offer with getting Gliss for free with the purchase of CQUK 3.0.

    You would probably be ok with Reload using it either way. Posted my thoughts above. But definitely stick with two towels. I have seem some apply it with a microfiber applicator and then wipe it off with a towel. It does tend to streak.

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Thanks for the info, very helpful. As for Gliss, guess it really doesn`t matter but still curious about the no Tar-X. From what I`ve read, Gliss is a flourine-based topcoat, kinda like Gyeon Booster in that respect (minus the catalyst part, anyway...Gyeon on Booster: "- reacts with the base coat (Mohs) changing its surface tension and repellency) and have not heard from Gyeon that their Booster doesn`t like Tar remover. Eh, no matter in the end (in this instance anyway) I guess but interesting nonetheless.
    One thing I will also mention is that on the CarPro site is does mention that tarx will remove Reload. Kind of an FYI.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Marine Clerk, RaydiantDetail, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Essence to Coating= 1 hour.
    Reload? You want a sample of BF SIO2 spray sealant? It`ll make life so much easier.......yeah I know you like the synergistic concept....
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

  11. #11
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Essence to Coating= 1 hour.
    Reload? You want a sample of BF SIO2 spray sealant? It`ll make life so much easier.......yeah I know you like the synergistic concept....
    Thanks but I`m gonna stick with the Reload as I`ve never used it before and wanna see what it`s like. Following directions...for once!

  12. #12
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    A.B.R. =. Anything But Reload. You might get lucky and get a good batch, who knows? TAC Quartzmax is much better to me, much better. Of course I like Moonlight, somwhat do I know. I still appreciate you sending me the bottle. You could probably coat 10-12 cars out of that bottle.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Hey RIM 2000
    You want a sample of BF SIO2 to compare to Quartzmax? My man Budget Man turned me down. Take one panel and do a 50 / 50.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    A.B.R. =. Anything But Reload. You might get lucky and get a good batch, who knows? TAC Quartzmax is much better to me, much better. Of course I like Moonlight, somwhat do I know. I still appreciate you sending me the bottle. You could probably coat 10-12 cars out of that bottle.
    Have you tried Moonlight on the plastic trim? Reading many here in Sweden that get it just cause of that. It seems to be like CanCoat is on paint, Moonlight are on plastic trim. A coating light for trim and rubber. Has a great restoring ability and leaves it new looking for 6-8 months.

    The new CQUK v3 is interesting to see if it`s the homerun like the old version. When the application properties has know been tuned in. It will be fun to see if the longevity is on par with the old version of it.

    I also got to wondering about that part that Gliss don`t stand up to TarX. Wondering if it`s the same kind of glossenhancer that`s in Reload. If I got it right it`s that in Reload that desolves and leaving the Sio2 in it left. And it`s seems to be an oil based glossenhancer of some kind. Since Gliss is fluorine based it could be desolved too. But IME the fluorine based LSP is good at resist chemicals. It can be that TarX has some extreme desolving ability. But it`s safe on coatings. So that makes me wondering about it. And it`s going to be a short lived one here in Sweden if other tar degreaser interfear with Gliss too.

    Saw that Tac System has released their hydrophobic Top Coat 2.0 Wondering if and how Carpro still work close together with Tac System with developing carpro products. And since Tac System is offering their pro coatings to the consumer level. They have been more popular at the enthusiasts detailers.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  15. #15
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    A.B.R. =. Anything But Reload. You might get lucky and get a good batch, who knows? TAC Quartzmax is much better to me, much better. Of course I like Moonlight, somwhat do I know. I still appreciate you sending me the bottle. You could probably coat 10-12 cars out of that bottle.
    🤯 Eek! Moonlight...still intrigues me how differently things can work for different folks. UK folks *really* seem to like it.

    As for Reload, I know many have reported issues with it but I just got`s ta find out for myself.

    I`ve really not used much from CarPro, dunno really why, so I wanted to give one of the more popular brands a try...maybe I`m missing out on a great product at a reasonable cost; I see you can get 100ml of CQUK 3.0 for around $150 which might be handy at some point.

    Never used Essence before either despite it being a very well respected product and may as well make it an all CarPro deal so I`ll be using Eraser for the first time as well.

    This is kinda a `broaden my horizons` exercise with what I`m guessing will be a very solid product, may as well go all in on the product synergy thing and get some experience with a few different things that many find great (and maybe in case of Reload, perhaps not so great).

    Does anyone in US have Gliss V2? Even the deal CarPro is doing with the free Gliss V1 with coating purchase doesn`t inspire me to give it a try. V1 didn`t even last a year as a viable version (apparently) and now they`re trying to clear the shelves of V1 before making V2 even avaliable to purchase? Just sounds like using Gliss V1 might be a troublesome step backwards on top of an otherwise solid application of UK 3.0.

    Just looking forward to trying some new stuff. With UK 3.0, Essence, Eraser and even Reload, killing 4 birds with 1 stone in that respect.

    Thank you for all the tips/suggestions...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1999 Tahoe -> CarPro Essence + Cquartz TiO2 + Gliss
    By The Guz in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-06-2018, 01:49 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 07:38 AM
  3. CarPro Essence
    By rlmccarty2000 in forum Autopia-carcare.com
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 08:41 AM
  4. Audi A6 - Corrected and Coated - CarPro Essence - CQuartz UK - Attention to Detailing Peoria
    By zmcgovern45 in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 08:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •