Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Essence & CQuartz UK 3.0

I always think of you budgetplan when I read something of Moonlight LOL. Can see you start shakeing a little and your palms gets sweaty LOL.

Will be interesting to see how you think of this products!

The version of reload that is now. I think don`t have those problems the middle versions got. When useing as a topper directly after coating you apply it sparingly. And most spray in the mf application towel and wipe it off with another one. I have heard when useing it as a stand alone. They spray it heavy on a smaller section and spread it out evenly and buff off with one or two mf towels. Some do this when they use reload as just reload the coating too. When the coating behavior is started to degrade some and you want the properties up again. The heavy application is done. When useing it as a drying aid or QD product after the wash. Either mix Merlin Elixir or dilute it with destilled water at 1:1. Think it has with getting as a thick layer of reload on the coating with as much protection as possible. Also what they are after with heavy application when used as a stand alone. And when you use it as a drying aid or QD product it`s getting a little to thick and much of it to be able to bond to the paint.

Anyone know what they changed to the Gliss v2?
    Likes BudgetPlan1, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Ech2o QD- 20oz water; 2oz Reload; 2oz Ech2o QD from Corey Caruth from CarPro is just magic. Leaves the surface super slick and glossy. No streaking issues since Reload is diluted.
    Likes The Guz, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Hey RIM 2000
    You want a sample of BF SIO2 to compare to Quartzmax? My man Budget Man turned me down. Take one panel and do a 50 / 50.
    Sure, I’ll do a side by side. Maybe I’ll get adventurous and throw Reload on a third, I got a sample when I ordered some other CarPro stuff. I’ll pm you my address.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t recommend Reload because it is hit or miss depending on the batch. CarPro seems to be having similar problems with Hydro2. It’s hard to recommend a product when the formula changes so quickly. I didn’t buy Gliss but I would be kinda upset that they had to come out with V2 so quickly. They never said what was wrong with V1. It gets hard to trust a company that flip flops so quickly on its products. It took months of badgering before they said they had a bad batch of Reload a few years ago. I still use a lot of CarPro products, but if TAC Systems products were sold on Autopia I would buy them over CarPro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Anyone know what they changed to the Gliss v2?
    ntroducing the improved GLISS Coating with brand new synthesized silica! The improved GLISS comes packed with new properties including:
    1. Solvents Resistance
    2. Resistant to Acid & Alkyl Chemicals
    3. Increased Thickness with Ability to Fill Swirls
    4. Improved Smoothness
    5. Developed with Inorganic Oils
    6. Water Spot Resistance
    The new formula can last up to 1 year and can be used as a stand alone coating for DIY or as a top coat to your base coating.
    With our commitment to quality we decided to launch the new improved coating with the same price. Application remains the same

for instructions. Note: The new versions will be marked with V2 stickers on bottles and packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    The Ech2o QD- 20oz water; 2oz Reload; 2oz Ech2o QD from Corey Caruth from CarPro is just magic. Leaves the surface super slick and glossy. No streaking issues since Reload is diluted.
    Seemed to work very well. I let my brother use the mix on his car that I just applied Cquartz and Gliss to after a maintenance wash.

Merlin posted these variations to the mix on the CarPro forum

Variations on the original formula I have heard...

Version 2:
    2 parts Reload 100ml, 1 part ECH2o 50ml

Version 3:
    1 part Reload 50ml, 1 part ECH2o 50ml and 1 part CarPro HydrO2 Concentrate 50ml
    I gave version 3 a go as a drying aid for the wheels that are cquartzed. Worked pretty well. Definitely needs a a second towel to avoid streaking.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Okey so they changed to the Sio2 based like Skin in the Syncro kit. It can be a homerun from Carpro if it`s like Skin. In that you can get it as a stand alone. Don`t think it takes a long time before Gyeon releases Skin to be bought alone. If Gliss v2 is alot like Skin that is.

Guz how do you think it`s going to be to refresh with Skin after it`s starts failing after a year or so?

Maybe it`s not going to be any problems to do. But it will not be degraded at the same level on the whole car. Would think it`s going to be impossible to strip only the Skin and just have mohs coating left. And is it any recommendation to when you are going to coat a new layer of Skin on the Syncro combo? Also thinking on how it`s going to look like when the Skin in some parts is gone and some is left. If you can see the difference between mohs and mohs+Skin. If you don`t reapply the Skin again that is. And it`s not only with the Syncro kit but also with a cquartz and Gliss combo. The top coatings has only the half of the longevity that the coatings has. Is it very noticeble looks wise when you have applyied either Skin or Gliss over the coatings?

I also think of some coatings that has the darkening effect. When those coatings starts to wear off. How it`s going to look. This is on those that don`t maintain their cars and not polishing the coating off. On the other hand those vehicals is often so dirty so you maybe don`t see the difference on them if it any.

Post Thanks / Like

Okey so they changed to the Sio2 based like Skin in the Syncro kit. It can be a homerun from Carpro if it`s like Skin. In that you can get it as a stand alone. Don`t think it takes a long time before Gyeon releases Skin to be bought alone. If Gliss v2 is alot like Skin that is.

Guz how do you think it`s going to be to refresh with Skin after it`s starts failing after a year or so?

Maybe it`s not going to be any problems to do. But it will not be degraded at the same level on the whole car. Would think it`s going to be impossible to strip only the Skin and just have mohs coating left. And is it any recommendation to when you are going to coat a new layer of Skin on the Syncro combo? Also thinking on how it`s going to look like when the Skin in some parts is gone and some is left. If you can see the difference between mohs and mohs+Skin. If you don`t reapply the Skin again that is. And it`s not only with the Syncro kit but also with a cquartz and Gliss combo. The top coatings has only the half of the longevity that the coatings has. Is it very noticeble looks wise when you have applyied either Skin or Gliss over the coatings?

I also think of some coatings that has the darkening effect. When those coatings starts to wear off. How it`s going to look. This is on those that don`t maintain their cars and not polishing the coating off. On the other hand those vehicals is often so dirty so you maybe don`t see the difference on them if it any.
    The issue I had with Gliss V1 was that a haze appeared 48 hours after application. There was never really a clear answer as to why this happened. Hopefully this gets resolved with V2.

I mentioned this on my thread about Gyeon Syncro. I have already started to see signs of it degrading on the side mirrors. I noticed it a month ago which would make it at 7 months as Syncro has been on this particular car for 8 months. There is literally no beading on the mirrors and the water has started to stick and sheet slowly. Mind you the entire car was prepped the same and it was finished off with Gyeon Primer. So does this mean Skin is completely gone and I am seeing the performance of Mohs? Or am I seeing the performance of degraded Skin? Hard to really say. But this just puts doubt in my mind that Syncro will make it to the claimed 2 years without the use of any maintenance spray sealant. I`m thinking 15-18 months and it will need to be completely redone.

The other thing I began to notice is the self cleaning effect is not releasing the dirt as good as it once was. Something I recently noticed. Something I will keep my eye on. But I am more than likely just going to top it for now just to see how Cure plays with Syncro.

Right now I am initially impressed with CQUK 3.0 as stand alone and also with Gliss V1 on top. But this is only at 1 month in going on 2.
    Likes glfnaz, VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor, SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It will ship out Tuesday because I`m moving my daughter this weekend and Monday is a Holiday. Maybe, might get it out tomorrow, if I get lucky. I`d love to hear your comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Sure, I’ll do a side by side. Maybe I’ll get adventurous and throw Reload on a third, I got a sample when I ordered some other CarPro stuff. I’ll pm you my address.

Post Thanks / Like

I always think of you budgetplan when I read something of Moonlight LOL. Can see you start shakeing a little and your palms gets sweaty LOL.

Will be interesting to see how you think of this products!
    I wonder if I missed/gooned something up with Moonlight. Many find it delightful. Not me, however. User error?

I don’t recommend Reload because it is hit or miss depending on the batch. CarPro seems to be having similar problems with Hydro2. It’s hard to recommend a product when the formula changes so quickly. I didn’t buy Gliss but I would be kinda upset that they had to come out with V2 so quickly. They never said what was wrong with V1. It gets hard to trust a company that flip flops so quickly on its products. It took months of badgering before they said they had a bad batch of Reload a few years ago. I still use a lot of CarPro products, but if TAC Systems products were sold on Autopia I would buy them over CarPro.
    The quick move from Gliss V1 to V2, a subtle acknowedgement that V1 isn`t all it can be, made using V1 a pointless exercise to me. I mighta jumped if V2 avaliable but apparently that won`t happen until stock of V1 is depleted.

That said, I`m looking forward to CQUK 3.0. It`ll be on a Fleet vehicle at work so a fire and forget, limited maint. going forward kinda thing.

Don`t think it takes a long time before Gyeon releases Skin to be bought alone.

The top coatings has only the half of the longevity that the coatings has.
    I`m not so sure Gyeon will release Skin as a standalone anytime soon. Would think it might affect Syncro sales, depending on Skin standalone pricing. Also take away from the perceived synergy of the Syncro `kit` approach perhaps?

If the topcoats, especially Skin as part of the Syncro kit, fail to last as long as the claimed longevity of the base coating...that would kinda be a downer. Does Syncro as a whole really meet the 18-24 month claim if the appealing part of the kit (gloss, slickness, beading and self-cleaning) is gone before that time?

Unless they change the instructions to `Save your leftover Skin to top off in 12 months to maintain performance`, the true longevity of Syncro drops down to that of the weakest link, that being Skin. And if you used up your Skin and it`s not avaliable as a stand alone, what then? I guess it all comes down to finding out how long Skin actually lasts/performs...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The issue I had with Gliss V1 was that a haze appeared 48 hours after application. There was never really a clear answer as to why this happened. Hopefully this gets resolved with V2.
    And yet they continue to offer V1, albeit as a freebie with CQ/CKUK purchase...in addition to being sold separately. Discomforting.

Can understand from a purely business perspective but still...

I mentioned this on my thread about Gyeon Syncro. I have already started to see signs of it degrading on the side mirrors. I noticed it a month ago which would make it at 7 months as Syncro has been on this particular car for 8 months. There is literally no beading on the mirrors and the water has started to stick and sheet slowly. Mind you the entire car was prepped the same and it was finished off with Gyeon Primer. So does this mean Skin is completely gone and I am seeing the performance of Mohs? Or am I seeing the performance of degraded Skin? Hard to really say. But this just puts doubt in my mind that Syncro will make it to the claimed 2 years without the use of any maintenance spray sealant. I`m thinking 15-18 months and it will need to be completely redone.
    Mohs, while a nice product in and of itself, had somewhat unexciting performance visually unless topped with Cure or the like. The performance you see on the mirrors kinda reminds me of Mohs on own.

The other thing I began to notice is the self cleaning effect is not releasing the dirt as good as it once was. Something I recently noticed. Something I will keep my eye on. But I am more than likely just going to top it for now just to see how Cure plays with Syncro.
    Troubling, especially only 6-7 months in on a vehicle in a nice climate that I`m guessing isn`t overly abused and maintained somewhat regularily.

I`ll have to have a closer look at the van at work that`s about 8500 miles into its Syncro application (no washing or maint. since application). While I do glance at it daily (and it appears relatively clean all the time) I havent thrown water at it in a while, nor seen it in the rain.

Coincidentally, the guy who drives the Syncro truck has a white Ford truck that I used Mohs + Booster on last November. Unfortunately he doesn`t drive the truck much or leave it parked at work much anymore since mice started gnawing his electrical parts when he left it parked for extended periods of time. I`d like to get a closer look at how that combo is doing compared to Syncro.

Right now I am initially impressed with CQUK 3.0 as stand alone and also with Gliss V1 on top. But this is only at 1 month in going on 2.
    The more I dig into CQUK, the more I get the feeling it`s one tough customer. Regardless of Reload concerns, looking forward to using it and seeing how it does. The Cquartz `Classic` I used back in January 2017 was a quietly solid performer, if somewhat unexciting.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going with user error on Moonlight, just kidding. Products work differently based on so many variables we will never know why one product works for one person and streaks like crazy for another. The folks on Detailing World really like Moonlight and they can be very particular. One thing I have noticed is Moonlight has not hardened in the bottle at all. I do keep it indoors where the temperature rarely changes, but with its high SIO2 content I figured it would go bad quickly after opening. I want to get some Cancoat on my next order and compare the two since the descriptions of the two are so similar.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going with user error on Moonlight, just kidding. Products work differently based on so many variables we will never know why one product works for one person and streaks like crazy for another. The folks on Detailing World really like Moonlight and they can be very particular. One thing I have noticed is Moonlight has not hardened in the bottle at all. I do keep it indoors where the temperature rarely changes, but with its high SIO2 content I figured it would go bad quickly after opening. I want to get some Cancoat on my next order and compare the two since the descriptions of the two are so similar.
    Think why Moonlight don`t hardened is to it`s more petroleum carrier IIRC. A weekend warrior here in Sweden apply it with a coating block and mf suede applicator towel. Work in small sections. And as you said it`s many variables that can cause a streaking mess.

The Moonlight works very well on plastic trim and even neglected ones. Have heard another sealant that is Angelwax Corona that also excells on plastic trim. And it`s many who likes it on paint too. As it`s has more at a carnuaba glow from it. And some like to have it as a base coat to there carnuaba waxes.

I don`t remember exactly where I heard about the longevity of Skin. Could be the Forensic detailing chanel maybe. Know that some of the top coatings with Gyeon does bonds with the base coating. So it`s gets synced in some way with it. This is if you apply in a certain time window. But it has me wondering between the different longevity from Syncro kit. I`m sorry if I missleading the claims from it. I will see if I can dig it up where I saw or heard it from. The same thing is to the Gliss on top of a cquartz coating. They too have a difference to the longevity. So wondering how it would be to reapply Gliss when it`s starts to degrade some. That would almost take away the benefit of the base coating and use the top coatings as stand alones.

Will be interesting to follow your results from the different coating combos.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Know that some of the top coatings with Gyeon does bonds with the base coating. So it`s gets synced in some way with it. This is if you apply in a certain time window.
    That would be Gyeon Booster. Interacts with the base coating, changing its properties. Recommended usage within 1000km of base coating application.

From GYEON JEFF:
    Q2 Booster, like Q2 Bead in DuraBead, is a Fluorine based top coat designed to increase surface tension and throw the water beading characteristics through the roof. The Fluorine base of Q2 Booster is performing a chemical reaction with the Q2 Mohs underneath, and is not a true additional layer. Q2 Booster also needs to be applied before Q2 Mohs has cured, so it is best to apply them as a system and in sequence. Q2 Booster will not do much good say 6 months down the road. It can also be applied over any high quality coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Think why Moonlight don`t hardened is to it`s more petroleum carrier IIRC. A weekend warrior here in Sweden apply it with a coating block and mf suede applicator towel. Work in small sections. And as you said it`s many variables that can cause a streaking mess.

The Moonlight works very well on plastic trim and even neglected ones. Have heard another sealant that is Angelwax Corona that also excells on plastic trim. And it`s many who likes it on paint too. As it`s has more at a carnuaba glow from it. And some like to have it as a base coat to there carnuaba waxes.

I don`t remember exactly where I heard about the longevity of Skin. Could be the Forensic detailing chanel maybe. Know that some of the top coatings with Gyeon does bonds with the base coating. So it`s gets synced in some way with it. This is if you apply in a certain time window. But it has me wondering between the different longevity from Syncro kit. I`m sorry if I missleading the claims from it. I will see if I can dig it up where I saw or heard it from. The same thing is to the Gliss on top of a cquartz coating. They too have a difference to the longevity. So wondering how it would be to reapply Gliss when it`s starts to degrade some. That would almost take away the benefit of the base coating and use the top coatings as stand alones.

Will be interesting to follow your results from the different coating combos.
    The whole idea of a “top coating” over a coating is something I’ve had a difficult time wrapping my head around. If coatings are so great and offer the best durability then why am I applying a softer coating over the durable one? I understand the top coat supposedly adds more shine but at the cost of durability are we falling into some kind of trap? For me it’s really no big deal as I replace my coating every year, but for a person that is expecting 3 or more years out of a coating (which I think is unrealistic anyway) they are being set up for disappointment.

I agree about the carrier in Moonlight being oil based may be the reason why it remains fresh so long. I wonder why other manufacturers haven’t used oil as a carrier for their coatings. I also apply Moonlight like a traditional coating and bypass the sprayer. I’ve heard the sprayer clogs up easy and by applying Moonlight as a normal coating you use much less. A few drops will do half a normals sized hood. I haven’t tried it on trim yet, I’ve seen what it does on glass (don’t try it) and I wonder if it will give trim a matte look.
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The whole idea of a “top coating” over a coating is something I’ve had a difficult time wrapping my head around. If coatings are so great and offer the best durability then why am I applying a softer coating over the durable one? I understand the top coat supposedly adds more shine but at the cost of durability are we falling into some kind of trap? For me it’s really no big deal as I replace my coating every year, but for a person that is expecting 3 or more years out of a coating (which I think is unrealistic anyway) they are being set up for disappointment.
    Is adding a top coat really that much different than using a maintenance spray sealant? Just another thought.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Do you use this as a drying aid? Is this how I should maintain my CQUK/Gliss-coated car for durability?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information