Post Thanks / Like

Questions on Carpro Ech2o

Hello folks,

I got a bottle of this after reading many comments about how well it works on cars that already have a ceramic coating.
    I diluted it approx 1:15 in a spray bottle, and used it as a quick detailer after my car was already washed and dry.

First thing I noticed was this doesn`t dry easily and just kind of smears around for a long time. The smallest amount of moisture on the microfiber towel will cause this.

Second is that there is no initial slickness at all. I wouldn`t want to use this as a spray-and-wipe type of cleaning product.

Third, this feels kind of like a spray-on wax, in that you either spray on a panel, or spray on a microfiber, and use that to smear it around. Wait a moment for it to dry, and then use a second totally dry towel to buff it off. The panel is slicker after you are done, though.

Besides the light blue color, this hardly resembles my Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe. This starts immediately slick, wipes around and dries easily and cleanly (doesn`t require buffing or a second towel) and also leaves the surface slick.

Anyway, I was applying the ech2o as it was getting dark, so I will have to wait till tomorrow morning to see how much better it looks. (I purposely did half of one panel with it to compare.)

Q1: am I doing it wrong?
    Q2: will this treatment and good looks last past the next wash?
    Close enough... They`ll never notice anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on Carpro Ech2o

Try 1:20. It will haze up and require light buffing. It could have been getting too cold.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

1:15 for me just required more buffing, that`s all. No ill effects.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with above. It hazes and requires a second wipe. I’m a big fan after mixing it with some TAC Quartz Max.
    Likes Dwhite0960 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

At 1:20 it`s a beautiful thing. It is thicker than some QD`s and does take a second pass like already mentioned, but I really like it. I`ve now used it as both a QD and waterless wash on CanCoat with success. I actually like the fact it`s a little more substantial when using it on my black car. The last product of this type I used didn`t clean very well and I ended up with marring a couple times; not so with EC2HO.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Agree with above. It hazes and requires a second wipe. I’m a big fan after mixing it with some TAC Quartz Max.
    Nice to see others using the tac products, they are top notch in my book

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite0960 View Post
    Nice to see others using the tac products, they are top notch in my book
    I like all of their products I have tried so far. Quartz Max is my favorite. I wish the website and company communication was better. They need to ally theirselves with one of the big online resellers to become more mainstream. I had a problem with a coating bottle and really never got satisfaction. David seems to be interested in his business to a point, but he needs to pay attention to detail. Some of his packaging is less than satisfactory. I still have a few bottles of their coatings to try when I get time. I wanted to try their top of the line coating, but they want you to go and take a class to get certified. I think certification is kind of bs. If I’m putting it on my car or even someone’s else’s car it’s my reputation not TAC’s reputation. Just my opinion. I think certifications are just a money grab anyway. Your normal customer doesn’t know TAC from crack and just wants a shiny car. You could correct a car to 100% and then coat it with $5 Mr. Fix and 99 percent of customers would be extremely happy with the results. The customer is probably going to swirl it up within 6 months no matter what you put on their vehicle anyway.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I like all of their products I have tried so far. Quartz Max is my favorite. I wish the website and company communication was better. They need to ally theirselves with one of the big online resellers to become more mainstream. I had a problem with a coating bottle and really never got satisfaction. David seems to be interested in his business to a point, but he needs to pay attention to detail. Some of his packaging is less than satisfactory. I still have a few bottles of their coatings to try when I get time. I wanted to try their top of the line coating, but they want you to go and take a class to get certified. I think certification is kind of bs. If I’m putting it on my car or even someone’s else’s car it’s my reputation not TAC’s reputation. Just my opinion. I think certifications are just a money grab anyway. Your normal customer doesn’t know TAC from crack and just wants a shiny car. You could correct a car to 100% and then coat it with $5 Mr. Fix and 99 percent of customers would be extremely happy with the results. The customer is probably going to swirl it up within 6 months no matter what you put on their vehicle anyway.
    Amigo !
    I am totally on board with everything you said above..

I have never heard of people that want their customers to take a Class to learn how to apply their product!! That is just nuts !

What they should be stressing is one has to have a LOT of Perfect Lighting all around the vehicle to properly SEE what one did or did NOT do properly on that spot..

Need a clock, watch, stopwatch, etc., great applicator that does NOT absorb all the coating into it, keep the same amount of pressure all the way through the pass, and you are Coating your car..

I hate it when all the Marketing Lameos get into the place and find ways to wreck it for everyone... Doesn`t anyone know how to do math anymore???
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

TAC is a big Korean chemical company, their retail business is low priority. Where do you think Korean retail companies like cq and gyeon get the products or the underlying chemical from? They certainly dont manufacture (only on sell or blend at best). Just look at TAC korean site and compare the products inc the dilution ratios and descriptions

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoweredByJenga View Post
    TAC is a big Korean chemical company, their retail business is low priority. Where do you think Korean retail companies like cq and gyeon get the products or the underlying chemical from? They certainly dont manufacture (only on sell or blend at best). Just look at TAC korean site and compare the products inc the dilution ratios and descriptions

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
    Yeah as I understand it they have been doing this for a long time. Producing the chemicals used in detailing products. When they released their own line of products they stopped blending to some companys. The Carpro Reload was the biggest difference when they needed to do it för them self. It`s the second version I think it was they did on their own. And that was a big mistake and was long from the first version of reload. Quarts Max I have heard is just like the first and most liked reload version. Just the rumours I have heard.

You can get coatings from Tac System that you normaly only can get by applyied by a certified installer. And it can go really wrong when applyied wrong. It`s not any problems with those who have applyied coatings before and know what they are doing. But when noob sees a great longevity from a coating and get it. There can be all kind of mistakes that are not so easy to correct.

Don`t you often get to take a class in some kind when you are going to be a certified installer of coatings? Like Optimum and Gyeon and Carpro and gtechnic and others with pro grade coatings.

I like Tac System and have some of their products. Their polishes and compounds is very interesting products.

Post Thanks / Like

agree with above. It hazes and requires a second wipe. I’m a big fan after mixing it with some tac quartz max.
    yep !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks,
    Just an update: Last time I washed my car, I put this on half of my roof, one of my doors, and half of my rear hatch. It seems to make no difference at all on my car, which has 4 month old Dr Beasley`s Plasma Coat.
    No difference in gloss. (direct sun, indirect lighting, night lighting, etc)
    No difference in dust attraction.
    Was initially slicker directly after application, but no difference after a car wash.

So I am wondering what is the point of it all? Maybe it just doesn`t stick to my coating, or I was overzealous and buffed it all off?
    Close enough... They`ll never notice anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post

So I am wondering what is the point of it all?
    Before using this product your car would have dirt on it.

After using this product your car would be clean.

Isn`t that the purpose of this product?

If you are using this on a clean car (post wash) you`re probably looking for a product like Reload instead of this.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that mixing a couple of products together makes it a great waterless wash/QD.
    2oz of Ech2o (waterless wash) and 2oz of Reload (spray sealant) in a 16oz spray bottle.

I wouldn`t expect high gloss, hydrophobicity etc. A waterless wash is just that...a waterless wash.
    Reload (full strength) can be a little intense. but when diluted and a little Ech2o. It works great.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes SWETM, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I have found that mixing a couple of products together makes it a great waterless wash/QD.
    2oz of Ech2o (waterless wash) and 2oz of Reload (spray sealant) in a 16oz spray bottle.

I wouldn`t expect high gloss, hydrophobicity etc. A waterless wash is just that...a waterless wash.
    Reload (full strength) can be a little intense. but when diluted and a little Ech2o. It works great.
    Agreed, in making the QD I followed the recommendation from Cory at CP.
    20oz distilled water, 2oz ech2o, and 2 oz. Reload. With this mixture I use it as a drying aid after the wash and due to the reload you get the added gloss and protection that ech2o by itself diluted just really does not have. I do find when using wet on the car I still needed to go over it with a dry MF but only due to the insane humidity here right now. Any minor streaks I get though seemed to self level out and disappear after a time.

beanbag - try adding an 1oz/ 2oz of reload to your mixture. I think you will see and feel a difference.

Thread Information