Post Thanks / Like

Fast Correcting Cream or CC

I really only want to buy like 2 bottles...not 3. I really *shouldn`t* be buying any polishes bearing my inventory but I just wanna try with some pocket restraint. Have plenty of pad cut levels on hand.

Boss Perfecting Cream - Yes

Debating on Correcting vs. Fast Correcting.
    Whaddya say. Will I regret not getting Fast Correcting as a trio. Was leaning on just CC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fast Correcting Cream or CC

I had to make similar decision some time back. I think I went with the Correcting Cream.

haha...eventually, I gave in and got FAST as well. oh well.

If you have other heavy duty compounds, skip the FCC. Then again, depending on what you have, you may even decide to skip the CC?

Post Thanks / Like

I’d start with correction cream, it works very well on all paint types. Fast correction cream tends to be tough to work with on sensitive paint, meaning it is tougher to wipe off. They both work well on any level of pad.

Post Thanks / Like

If you just want something that`s good decent correcting wile still being good for a 1-step on most paint then go with Correcting Cream. If you want a compound that`s going to cut and finish well enough that a quick 2nd step is all that`s needed then go with Fast Correct.

Since I don`t really like doing 1-step corrections I say go with Fast Correct. 99% of the jobs I do that is my go to first step.
    Likes Stokdgs, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Boss Polish has been out for awhile
    I found a thread or two (multiple users) reporting that the product thins out over time - ime, where it`s the opposite as stuff thickens over time due to liq evaporting.

Can anyone confirm or deeeeeny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Boss Polish has been out for awhile
    I found a thread or two (multiple users) reporting that the product thins out over time - ime, where it`s the opposite as stuff thickens over time due to liq evaporting.

Can anyone confirm or deeeeeny
    I`ve noticed it thins out a bit with heat, but thickens right back up in cooler temps. No issues other than that and I`ve been using it for 3.5 years now.
    Likes mobiledynamics, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

HA HA. In typical griots fashion, the bottle is red - but it`s a nice red....matte HDPE sorta red.
    Anyhow, in a sea of bottles on the shelf (all usually some darkish color) the red bottles really stick out, saying hey, look at me.
    Just a observation on the ~new bright color~ on my shelf
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify as I’m reading here the CC can be a one step
    What exactly do you mean by that?? In my head 1 step and done. But if I used this and an orange pad I’m adding a polish and or LSP which makes it a 2 step?
    Can just quit after CC UNLESS leaving “unprotected”?
    Phats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 silver GT mustang..selling

2004 odyssey eXL-res- silver

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

LSP is never considered a step PK in terminology...

Regarding whether you choose to 2 step, 1 step or 3 step...it all boils down to how ~golden~ your eyes are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
    Just to clarify as I’m reading here the CC can be a one step
    What exactly do you mean by that?? In my head 1 step and done. But if I used this and an orange pad I’m adding a polish and or LSP which makes it a 2 step?
    Can just quit after CC UNLESS leaving “unprotected”?
    Phats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When it comes to paint correction, a step in my mind is one that involves actual paint correction. I don`t consider applying the wax/sealant to be a step. So when I say 1-step it`s polishing the paint with a dedicated polish that will remove defects and finish down well all in one step. On most paints Correction Cream can achieve this.

If you choose to use something like HD Speed I would still call that a 1-step but I`d charge less then using a dedicated polish and LSP.
    Likes phatkid77 liked this post
    Thanks phatkid77 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In my mind a "step" is how many times around the car I have to go. lol. One step is just that, once around the car and its got an LSP already. Polish then LSP to me is 2 step. Just how I consider it.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

It`s impresive how the abrasives has developed over the last years. There where a time when you had to 3 step paint correction. Cutting and get the cutting step corrected with a polish and then to get a great finish with a finishing polish. That`s where the steps comes in to place. Now you cut and then finish it with a second step. But if you don`t need to be useing an aggressive pad combo to cut with you can get it lsp in one step. Heck I have a compound that claims to get p600 sanding marks out and finish down to p12000 sanding marks. Which is LSP ready for most. Have not used it so much yet. And they have this in both deminishing abrasive and non deminishing abrasive. Tac system Refinish Ultra is what I have and Tac System Refinish 3 is the other non deminishing abrasive. There is not so much of information about them and can be different information of them too LOL.

Think we are headed to just use a light polishing pad and a compound and you can get a great finish with that on even soft paints. Then depending on the paint you step up in cutting ability from the pads depending on the paint hardness. So even the aggressive polishes like Menzerna pf2500 and Correcting Cream could be in that level of cut. You could skip and use their compounds instead with a less cutting pad. Menzerna FG400 was one of the ground breaking compounds that finish awesome. And if you go by Menzerna cutting and finishing levels. FG400 both cutt and finishing better with a cut 8/10 and gloss 8/10 while PF2500 cut 5 and gloss 7. So in theory FG400 would leave a better finish with the same pad that you use with PF2500. I have debateing with myself where PF2500 would come in place over FG400. Now to complicate things I got with PF2400 that is recommended to use on dried paints and is on the heavy side on polishing oils. Then you have the PF2200 that you get a little more cut with than PF2500. It`s cause they loaded it with more abrasives in it than the PF2500. It`s a djungle out there but whatever brands you have a great options of great abrasive technology polishes to chose from.

Thread Information