Post Thanks / Like

Arrow DR. Beasleys new ceramic body wash.

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DR. Beasleys new ceramic body wash.

Man, I never Knew my Coating had to be washed - "bi-weekly" to maintain its effectiveness...
    Shoot, my first coating went 4.5 years - think how long it would have gone if I had been washing it bi-weekly !!!
    Dan F
    Likes GearHead_1, DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

DR. Beasleys new ceramic body wash.

Another overpriced soap($20 / 12 oz) that has magic pony and unicorn coating washing properties.

If the coating is so great - nothing should stick to it for long. Correct? So, shouldn`t you be able to use any soap; soap with gloss enhancers etc? In fact, since coatings shed dirt SO easily - you should be able to use virtually anything to clean them that won`t scratch the surface? Shouldn`t you be able to use some cheaper soap and less of it?

I`m sure it`s a fine soap. That`s not the point.
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Another overpriced soap($20 / 12 oz) that has magic pony and unicorn coating washing properties.

If the coating is so great - nothing should stick to it for long. Correct? So, shouldn`t you be able to use any soap; soap with gloss enhancers etc? In fact, since coatings shed dirt SO easily - you should be able to use virtually anything to clean them that won`t scratch the surface? Shouldn`t you be able to use some cheaper soap and less of it?

I`m sure it`s a fine soap. That`s not the point.
    You know, in all the marketing info on all coatings I can remember, there was nothing ever written that stated car wash soaps and especially those yucky, wax/soap things, will NOT stick to your coating and eventually make it look like its gone, etc...

All I can tell you from personal experience on my vehicles is that until I started using Carpro Reset on them a lot after year 2 on, the Coating looked dead, but came back to life really well after a few washes with this product..
    There may be other products like Reset out there now, but I know nothing of them...
    I know, I need to get out more, right ??
    Well, for sure, this year, I will be attending SEMA in Vegas !!! Then I will get up to speed..
    Dan F
    Likes SWETM, Chopper280 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That ad copy makes it sound like you shouldn`t be touching your car at all when you wash it...

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if Pinnacle Black Label Shampoo (meant for coatings), is similar to Reset or this? Does it clean and remove surfactants or does it add SiO2 gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    That ad copy makes it sound like you shouldn`t be touching your car at all when you wash it...
    Yeah, pretty optimistic I`d say...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yeah, pretty optimistic I`d say...
    Agree. Based on the discription, should it only be used in a foam gun/cannon and then rinsed off?

I`m pretty sure my cars need to be touched when they are encased in dried salt and road grime in the middle of winter. No cosmic surfectants are going magically wash away that nastiness cleanly without any physical contact.

I`ve simply used good quality car shampoo (none specially designed for coatings) on my coated cars and they`ve easily gone the distance with no issues. After winter the coatings properties were a little flat, but a couple of good handwashes and everything returned to normal.

I love coatings and will continue to use them, but all of these accessory products which keep springing up seems to be getting a little overboard and only complicates things for consumers.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

DR. Beasleys new ceramic body wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    You know, in all the marketing info on all coatings I can remember, there was nothing ever written that stated car wash soaps and especially those yucky, wax/soap things, will NOT stick to your coating and eventually make it look like its gone, etc...

All I can tell you from personal experience on my vehicles is that until I started using Carpro Reset on them a lot after year 2 on, the Coating looked dead, but came back to life really well after a few washes with this product..
    There may be other products like Reset out there now, but I know nothing of them...
    I know, I need to get out more, right ?? DR. Beasleys new ceramic body wash.
    Well, for sure, this year, I will be attending SEMA in Vegas !!! Then I will get up to speed.. DR. Beasleys new ceramic body wash.
    Dan F
    I’m sure Reset works well. In fact, CarPro makes one of the very few detailing soaps I actually still buy - HydroFoam.

It’s just I’ve become so cynical - especially with “coatings” & related. It seems that ANY product sold that is related to a coating can be sold at a super premium. I’ve also become just cynical in general about “new & improved” detailing products. Most of this stuff is 90% the same and will have little effect (if any) on the results you get if your using decent stuff.

Dunno why - but something about this sticks in my craw. The ad says it drastically extends the life of your coating. Really? How does one prove that since no manufacturer really guarantees what the life of their consumer coating is?

It’s says it’s “super concentrated” - but does not state the concentration. Is is more than 1 oz to 5 gallons? Cuz that’s pretty much the standard for a lot of boutique soaps out there.

Does it decontaminate a coating? Boost a coating? No, doesn’t claim to. Just claims to somehow chemically clean your paint and decrease friction during the wash process. Isn’t that what every soap does?

If you’ve been around a while - you know that is crap. There is no magic soap that prevents swirls, scratches, or marring.

I’m not picking on Dr B here - I’m just trying to educate some people that think they have to spend $20 for 12 oz of soap cuz they bought the coating. You can use any decent soap.
    Likes Chopper280, Stokdgs, showbbq, Desertnate liked this post

Thread Information