Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW// Mc Kess 37 floor mat and cargo liner rejuvenator

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    I bought mine awhile ago. They came as a set. And they`re in 15 oz. bottles. Weird size. I don`t recall what I paid,but I remember that I thought it was expensive at the time.

I was looking at the gallon size for economy. However, given the fact that those small bottles will last me for 6-8 more years,I`ve no reason to buy the gallon of McKees to save a few bucks.
    All three vehicles in my house have WeatherTechs....so I do go through a fair amount of the protectant, which I really like....it`s kept them looking decent for several years.
    Likes WaxManRonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

At $17.99 for a 16 ounce bottle, I can stick with the process I`ve done for years. And it doesn`t involve tire gel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I would think that those of you Autopians who live in winter-prone climates (like my self in the upper Midwest) know the hassle of dealing with salt and sand that is used as a de-icer during that time and how dirty it makes OEM carpeted floor mats in vehicles driven in the winter. Changing OEM carpet floor mats out for vinyl floor mats seems to be a logical choice to making them last, although that can be an expensive proposition if you buy the WeatherTech mentioned above. Is it a necessity? Depends how much you drive and if you stand (really) dirty carpet floor mats in the winter. When they get that bad, I will remove them and clean them in my basement, at least once or twice over the course of the winter. That is the hassle.

That said, I must applaud McKee`s37 for coming up with a cleaner for vinyl floor mats that cleans, rejuvenates, and is not too slick
    . I have resorted to using vinyl protectants on those types of floor mats and then tried to wipe them off vigorously to remove that slickness, sometimes a vehicle owner`s "displeasure" as it may still be "slightly" slick. Anyone who has slipped on a nice-looking and treated vinyl floor getting into a vehicle knows the safety hazard it presents (used car lots and their detailing personnel seem oblivious and ignorant to this liability). Hopefully many used-car dealer vehicle prep departments will buy and use this product, not to mention the detailing hobbyist like myself.
    I also clean them a few times over the course of the winter. I wouldn`t be without them.

When they`re wet and salty,I try to wipe them out when they`re still in the car to get majority of the slop out. I have some old terry towels I use.

It`s always nice to have cleaning alternatives that actually work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    All three vehicles in my house have WeatherTechs....so I do go through a fair amount of the protectant, which I really like....it`s kept them looking decent for several years.
    The ones in my Charger still look good, but they`re almost eight years old and the driver`s mat is physically starting to wear out in the gas pedal area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information