Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Haven`t posted in many years -- since the Klasse / P21S days. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don`t think those were two different camps; the founder of Autopia (and the Autopia store) considered Klasse topped with P21S to be "the perfect shine" and named his company that.

Interesting tidbit... when i lived in northern virginia at the time there was a pretty big split. The klasse folks tennded to side with the corvette zanio guys about the endless layering, whereas the PS21 folks just appreciated at the time that it was somewhat boutique and not a mother or meguiars product (with the obvious gloss and ease of application). On the bimmer forums everybody would just recommend buying the s100 versions from the local harley stores since autogeek and autopia were not as popular as they are today. Rejex was another sealant that was get alot of play, but that could have just been the circles i was in at the time with track folks at VIR and summit point, as it was marketed at the track pretty heave to help remove track marks and road debris from the front of cars.....

Post Thanks / Like

I’m honestly not too sure how much of the hype I can believe in. The confusion amongst all products, even for a younger fella like myself is becoming an annoying challenge.

I have no doubt advancements have been made. But how large of a difference? That I’m not sure of. Speaking of 21s, a couple days ago I decided to correct the spoiler on my Trans Am due to it taking a beating from the car cover going on and off (it’s the highest point in the car and has a good leading edge)

I finished it with a hydro tech blue pad which I’ve never used before. (So something other then the traditional LC pads I’ve used for ten years) and man has it been an eye opener! One pass. Using Menz 3500 and I was done! Couldn’t believe it.

I then decided to do the whole car with P21s because it’s tried tested and well, the look is there.

IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5936.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes acuRAS82, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

love p21s...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    o didn`t get talked about as much here, depending on what mood the owner at that time was in and what sponsorship agreements he had going.

I was member 11XX . There seemed to be some users who had qualms with how David B ran the forum. Remember when Linda was moderating.

I had NO qualms with DB. Had it not been for him, the OG Autopia would not even exist in past or present form !

I`m glad it`s current parent company has left it alone as is too .
    Likes Vegas1, Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Striker !!!
    Wow - beautiful job on your Trans Am ! Love that jet black paint !!!

Glad you like my most favorite pad that I re-named them - the Lake Country Hydro-Shreds, when they first came out !

Eventually, they got better about shredding (with Rotary Power and Random Orbitals), and all has been well for a long time..

As of the past couple years maybe, they have now made the Cyan and Tangerine pads thinner - which seems to be the trend all pads seem to be going to...

I think part of it is - we give you less but you still pay the same - and part of it may actually be the pad will work the same with less of it...

Glad you had great results from the Cyan, which is pretty much my 1st choice on any paint I work on.. The Tangerine is also very good but it is more of a Polishing pad.. And of course all that means nothing if you pair it with a non-polishing product, right??

So to make it way, way, simple for me, I just stick to those 3 colors, Cyan Tangerine, and Crimson, and life is way easier for my brain..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, and to think that P21s is one of the few LSPs I hated so much that I stripped it off...couldn`t stand it on the kinda-silver Jag, a color many would say will look OK with anything on it. Different people are different

Post Thanks / Like

im going to get you to try it again Accumulator.... =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I switched to Souveran back in the learly `90s and it wasn`t new then. I got mine from Irene at TOL, it was marketed as a rival to Zymol.
    Thats kind of crazy that Souveran still gets discussed today (for those who still use wax anyways), or at least as of a few years ago. It’s withstood the test of time very well (not to say P21s hasn’t).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    im going to get you to try it again Accumulator.... =)
    Heh heh, not in this lifetime you won`t I`m even debating not using a Beauty Wax (i.e., Souveran) on the Jag if I ever get it out of mothballs. I`m *so* all about FK1000P these days...wish I could get rid of all the M16/476S I, uhm...accumulated..

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82[COLOR=#333333
    Thats kind of crazy that Souveran still gets discussed today (for those who still use wax anyways), or at least as of a few years ago. It’s withstood the test of time very well (not to say P21s hasn’t).[/COLOR]
    Maybe it`s because of the diffs in how they look. Or even smell.

On the looks, I expected it to look about like Souveran, the LSP I usually used on that car (the Jag). Hey...sorta-silver..what minor diff could there be?!? Finished it with the P21s and "oh [crap], I can`t *stand* that! What the..."

Not knocking other people`s opinion of it, Hot Dogs and Hamburgers, just saying how I was amazed at how different the two waxes looked (to me, on that car, on that day).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information