Post Thanks / Like

Some thoughts on my go-to Griot`s products

I don`t often get a chance to do any kind of real write-up of any kind, since most of my time checking in on the forum is snuck in here and there throughout the work day.

Wanted to take a few minutes and throw out some feedback on some products I`ve been using and enjoying to try and actually be a contributing member. I`ll skip trying to go into any back story and just get to it.

Griot`s Interior Detailer
    I love this stuff. Smells great, leaves the interior looking crisp and clean (not overly dressed), and theoretically leaves some U/V protection behind. While listed as able to do mild cleaning, I`ve actually had pretty good results when I`ve had to clean up some spots.

Recently I was doing turbos on a car at work and spent the day having coolant and oil dripped on my head. Thought I got myself cleaned up, but noticed a couple days later there was an oily print on my headrest. Interior detailer cleaned it right up. I`ve also used it on steering wheels with no ill effects. Cleans well, but didn`t leave the wheel sticky or slippery.

Griot`s Rinseless Wash and Wax
    Works great used as a rinseless. I`ve been using it at the stronger ratio as a drying aid; it`s also been my go-to window cleaner. Cleans well, dries with no streaks, and leaves the glass nice and slick.

Griot`s Spray On Car Wash
    I had originally gotten this with the hopes of doing "garage washes" during the winter months (before joining the Autopian/Geek ranks), but quickly figured out the cars get too dirty to safely do so. Even in the summer months, I`ve found I`m much more comfortable with the Rinseless wash protocol vs a waterless wash. I`ve been using it for door jambs after washes. Works well, leaves a lil somthin slippery behind so they clean easily the next round. I also use it for glass patio door cleanings - cleans up dog nose prints easily, and the more you use it the easier they wipe off.

Griot`s One Step Sealant
    Before I found the forums, this was my LSP of choice. I`d usually top it with their Premium Carnauba Paste Wax. At the time, I wasn`t into LSP properties enough to keep track of beading/sheeting lifespan. One Step Sealant was easy enough to work with and left a solid finished product. When topped, even after a Minnesota winter with touchless washes, you could tell there was LSP intact due to how easily it cleaned when bucket wash season returned.
    Haven`t used it lately due to life getting in the way (3 year old daughter beats car cleaning hands down - yes, she`ll be getting involved soon!), but recently pulled it out when the hood of one of my Boss`s cars got some nasty wash induced damage from a well-intention-ed (but not detailing savvy) coworker. I`ll get some pictures posted to show the before and after. Used it on a Fast Finishing Microfiber pad, and knocked out the majority of the damage in just a few passes. I`d love to chase the rest of it (and finish the rest of the car), but there`s not time in the work day to work on it.

Griot`s Iron and Fallout Remover
    Just got a chance to try this yesterday on the Mrs` wheels. In the past, I`ve used Iron-X and the Griot`s Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner. I know after one use it might be early to call it my go-to, but I really liked this stuff. Thicker than Iron-X, so it did a good job clinging in place. No knock-you-out odor.
    I hit the wheels with a Boars hair wheel brush, then chased it with a microfiber sponge to get the (waaaay too many) nooks and crannies. Cleaned well, rinsed well. Looking forward to using it again. Might do a head-to-head with Iron X when I do my car.

Griot`s PFM Detailing Towels
    Another Griot`s product that never seems to get mentioned - I love these things! These are the rectangular blue PFM`s. I know a lot of people tend to prefer larger towels, but these work just right for when you just need a quick wipe down. They`re 16x9, so you just fold them in half.
    My window maintenance regime lately has been to soak a towel in rinseless wash, wring it out, then wipe down all the glass. Give the windows a quick spray with the 15:1 mix, wipe with the Detailing towel, flip and buff off. Streak free, nice and slick. Also good for little spot cleanings as needed.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to these products since it seems like they don`t show up in conversation much!
    Thanks 3Dog thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some thoughts on my go-to Griot`s products

Thanks for posting your favs! They make a heck of a product and have a great line up!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

got my start years ago with griot`s. quality stuff.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures of the One Step Sealant hood. Far from perfect, but this was done during my lunch break. Also didn’t want the hood to be light years ahead of the rest of the car since I knew I wouldn’t get to finish it. Not bad for a few section passes!

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite- Ah, interesting, all GG products I haven`t used... thanks for the info.

And I loved the aside that your 3yo takes priority

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Glad you like the products you’ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. All products I`ve yet to try.

I do, however, have their PFM drying towels. They really are great.

Thread Information